movie Blade Runner

You usually can't go wrong with Phillip k dick. A scanner Darkly is a trip- especially Native houstonian Richard linklaters triply animated film. total recall is another classic but the remake was just awful - except for some decent visuals and Kate Backinsale - who doing a meet and greet at comicpalooza this year Originally Posted by cr76
The original Total Recall is cheese galore and that is what makes it so endearing in people's eyes. Who else could deliver cheese better than old school Arnold? Too bad he hung up his acting career to deliver bullshit instead as a politician.
  • cr76
  • 02-17-2016, 07:10 PM
Not only that - but the material is handled so much better. The new one has too much set up and everything is based around a gravity elevator.
I think 2001: A Space Odyssey is arguably a masterpiece and the best film in cinema history! It's way ahead of its time.

Not Sci-Fi but speaking of films- Apocalypse Now, to me, is another war film masterpiece and arguably the best film about the war in Vietnam.

Blade Runner- Great film, music, visuals, one of my faves. They are remaking this one too. Film release dates TBD.

If your into anime check out "Ghost In The Shell", released in 1995.
I think 2001: A Space Odyssey is arguably a masterpiece and the best film in cinema history! It's way ahead of its time.

Not Sci-Fi but speaking of films- Apocalypse Now, to me, is another war film masterpiece and arguably the best film about the war in Vietnam.

Blade Runner- Great film, music, visuals, one of my faves. They are remaking this one too. Film release dates TBD.

If your into anime check out "Ghost In The Shell", released in 1995. Originally Posted by USAsoldier
2001 was a bore fest and was the first big mainstream "national geographic" movie. Alien is the best science fiction movie because it blended two genres into one: horror and science fiction. It also changed the face of the hero from damsel in distress to heroine.

Platoon is the best film about the Vietnam War because it puts the audience right in the front lines and didn't portray the soldiers, enemy or not, as good or bad. War is hell. I have a soft spot for AN because it's visually stunning and hypnotic. But it's more about the heart of darkness in man than it was about the war itself which acted as a background for the subject material.

Blade Runner is probably the best cult movie of all times because it combined film noir with modern science fiction with romance, so it bridged in the gap between old formula and new genre and added a the third element, the love story, to humanize it and to bring it all together.

I don't do anime. I prefer a dynamic and more complex organism like film.
"They're just questions, Leon". Where do they find actors like Leon ?

The soundtrack had a great mix of electronic music and the throwback song about returning to the stars.
"They're just questions, Leon". Where do they find actors like Leon ?

The soundtrack had a great mix of electronic music and the throwback song about returning to the stars. Originally Posted by VitaMan
They are called character actors. They are a dime a dozen in Hollywood but a few are stand-outs like the one that played Leon.

The soundtrack brought meaning to the moving images, combination of old themes in modern, futuristic settings.
I have an actor in mind for the sequel. Will reveal it in a couple of days.
My choice to play Deckard in the sequel is Keanu Reeves
  • cr76
  • 02-23-2016, 05:44 PM
My choice to play Deckard in the sequel is Keanu Reeves Originally Posted by VitaMan
But we got harrison ford back -

Sequel should be interesting I like Denis Villeneve or W/e

Sicario was great.