Let's all be careful on here.

I'm kinda missing the point of this warning. How is answering or not answering harmless questions like how to post photos going to assist or hinder any LE posing as either hobbyists or providers here on ECCIE? Originally Posted by Shackleton
It establishes a presence for them on the board and creates a sense of 'familiarity', which may lead to acceptance. It's social engineering.
  • raz
  • 04-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Good advice and reminder. And for what its worth, Houston is not an isolated case.

There was a similar situation in Denver a few years ago. I don't remember how much, if any LE was involved, but I do recall a local news reporter infilterated a local social and created a lot of havoc and embarassment for numerous people.
People jumped in my shit for blasting newbies asking bullshit questions that could be answered by simple searches or an inkling of a thought process. I even got points for it once (or twice).

I'm not going to go into an 'I told you so' rant or anything, but here we are.

Lust4xxx, you get my vote for best avatar!
Ok listen...he is giving wise advice. If you were in chat today, you would know what he, and I, are referring to. BE CAUTIOUS right now. JMO
Meg Originally Posted by hotlips_houlihan
It is surprising how much gets asked and answered in chat. I know more than one chatter (back in the ASPD days) thought I was quite rude when they entered, and I checked up on them before I would offer any advice or answer their questions.