Jailed for trying to work

Yes, Cruz went to her shop, because he could not find a barbershop open in Houston. The other barbershop's were following the rules like they were suppose to. Originally Posted by adav8s28
What "rules"?

Cruz went to her shop to honor her commitment to common sense. And I can imagine he paid for the "do."

BTW: If Ted had wanted a haircut in the Houston metro area he could.

I hope he got the beard trimmed up. It was looking shaggy in quarantine.
She followed the "rules" for weeks by closing down her shop. She continues following the "rules" by social distancing and wearing masks.

Enough is enough. Stop lying.
She followed the "rules" for weeks by closing down her shop. She continues following the "rules" by social distancing and wearing masks.

Enough is enough. Stop lying. Originally Posted by gnadfly
They can't. They must lie because merely discussing the facts will not be enough to satisfy their narrative.
She followed the "rules" for weeks by closing down her shop. She continues following the "rules" by social distancing and wearing masks. Originally Posted by gnadfly
That's not all she did .... did you hear her interview?

#1: No walkins ... all appts ... strict appointment rules
#2: No waiting inside ... outside of the shop only.
#3: Customers wear masks inside & outside the shop
#4: stylist and manicurists wear gloves unless interfering
#5: workers wear masks all the time
#6: no magazines or common items inside for customers
#7: sanitized after each customer leaves

She said they declined to do house-calls, because there was no way for them to assure their residences were cleaned and sanitized. This woman seemed professional and concerned about her staff and customers ...

I've been in a number of different grocery/supply stores (chains) since this shit hit the fan ...(I've also gotten a hair cut at a shop owner's residence in an area set aside for that purpose) if that behavior is worth 7 days some of the bullshit I've seen by employees and "supervisor" types ought to get them SEVEN YEARS (and not the stylist's facility)!
You can't have one set of rules for her and one set of rules for everyone else. Originally Posted by adav8s28

Exactly the point! You can't have one set of rules "you may open following CDC guidelines, but you may not". You, Constitutionally, IMHO,can not say a woman can have an abortion that is not necessary to save her life, with a doctor less than six feet away from her albeit wearing a mask but a salon owner giving a haircut, also less than six feet away, can not.

You can not say you can stand less than six feet away from a cashier while handing them money to pay for your purchase but a salon owner may not stand less than six feet away while wearing a mask and has adequately disinfected her shop, give a haircut.

Precisely, you may not create arbitrary rules for one person as opposed to another. Either everybody must be more than six from another person with a mask or nobody has to be more than six feet away with a mask.

This idea of essential workers can but non-essential workers can not is also bullshit unless of course the guy selling you liquor or weed or giving you a non essential abortion, is an essential worker which you can prove with empirical evidence that can withstand honest scrutiny.

So, you were right, you just didn't understand why you were right.

This idea of essential workers can but non-essential workers can not is also bullshit Originally Posted by HedonistForever
I know lots of people who kept working, not knowing if they were "essential" or not.. myself included. AFAIK, nobody ever got fined or arrested because they were open, and some LE person deemed otherwise. the Salon Lady rigorously adhered to guidelines, as all newscasts revealed, they picked the wrong person to pick on.
She followed the "rules" for weeks by closing down her shop.

Enough is enough. Stop lying. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I did not lie. I guess you did not read the link from the O.P.

The emergency order directed county officials to release Luther, who reopened her salon despite state restrictions, on a personal bond with no money required, “pending final disposition of her case.”

Before you throw out the lie word, learn to read and get the facts.

Futher down in the link. The Gov of Texas changed his own executive order to say: You are not to be confined if you break one of my executive orders.

:
I did not lie. I guess you did not read the link from the O.P.
Originally Posted by adav8s28
gnadfly doesn't lie, he just bends the truth into something imperceptible.
What "rules"? Originally Posted by LexusLover
See post #22.
I'd love to see that argument before the SC. Can an essential worker, what ever the hell that is other than what a Governor deems it to be, be allowed to work in the very same conditions that a non-essential worker can not. I don't see any way in hell that passes in this SC. Ending the livelihoods of some people but not others doesn't seem all that Constitutional to me.
So, you were right, you just didn't understand why you were right. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
This is not Jeopardy and you are not Alex Trabek.