Any dog breeders?

Operation Kindness! Huge shelter lots of different breeds!
  • BLM69
  • 10-16-2018, 03:28 PM
Just think of owning a dog like having a child, they require a lot of attention and $. Start looking into a cute mutt as I suggested before
Operation Kindness! Huge shelter lots of different breeds! Originally Posted by Brandee69
Thanks doll
I've gotten pets from just about every source. Breeders, humane societies, rescues and off the street. No matter the source find the pet that fits you. Because the goal is to take care of it for life not just while it's convenient.

With a reputable breeder you have a history of health and temperament expectations. But as someone said you have to qualify with the breeder first. If they don't ask you to qualify and prove you can take care of the animal they're not a reputable breeder. Humane societies are quick and cheap. But you have no clue the health or history. A cheap adoption fee could turn into huge vet bills later on. Rescues are good for breed specific. But they are as bad, if not worse, as breeders in making sure you qualify.

Worst experience for me of getting a pet was to go through all the rescue's required home-visits, vet-check, employment check and paperwork only to have the foster refuse to let the dog go because she fell in love with it.