ACL Festival

• Toyz
  • 05-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the info, Toyz.

Really looking forward to this year's festival. With it being a little later, AND on Texas/OU weekend, the weather should be great (read: cooler) and the crowd might be down just a bit.

I saw Van Morrison at ACL a while back. I actually thought he was great.

I think the next big artist missing from my bucket list is Elton John. I missed him when he came thru a few years ago. Thinking about a trip to Vegas if he's still doing his regular show out there.

Other than that, I've seen most of the Great White Whales in my music collection. Originally Posted by JackReacher
Well hell...this is really going to label me, but WTF... Have seen Sir Elton six times... (not that big of a deal, have seen many bands multiple times)... Is one of my favorite live performances and is MUCH different in concert than on recordings... a live version of "Love lies Bleeding-Funeral for a friend" is an opus & one of the few greatest songs I've ever seen live...McCartney doing "Hey Jude" would top the list, along with Claptons "Cocaine", the Mac doing "Silver Springs" or Doobies and "Blacckwater"...he doesn't do it often, and only one time in the 6 I have seen.

Have played drums since I was a young teen, and Nigel Olsen (Johns drummer) was one of my idols growing up...

Must see show...voice is not near what it once was, but its still a must see...
I think we'd probably have a lot of overlap in our music collections.

Though, I was born about 5-10 year too late for most of the 70's music I love.
And I was out of town for work last time Elton was here. Couldn't be helped.

I have considered going to the Roddick Gala - he's played that a few times and I could probably even Biz Dev the $$ it would cost to get in.
  • Toyz
  • 05-10-2012, 05:01 PM
I think we'd probably have a lot of overlap in our music collections.

Though, I was born about 5-10 year too late for most of the 70's music I love. Originally Posted by JackReacher
It really was/is great music from that time span...along with some 60's overlap... Now I enjoy a LOT of todays music...there are some really talented groups/singers right now. Its a good time to be a music fan.
I just regret (in some portions) being a kid of the 80's. Most of that music - with some notable exceptions like U2 - just doesn't hold up.
  • Toyz
  • 05-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Hilarious...as soon as I opened this thread U2 is playing on the radio...

yeah, can't say I enjoyed the 80's or 90's music much...but there really is some good music coming out right now...
http://www.aclfestival.com/lineuplottery/

Contest relating to the reveal of the lineup. Of course, would happen when I'm stuck in BFE.
  • Toyz
  • 05-18-2012, 05:11 PM
http://www.aclfestival.com/lineuplottery/

Contest relating to the reveal of the lineup. Of course, would happen when I'm stuck in BFE. Originally Posted by JackReacher
Yes, they are saying Goteye is a confirmed on some of the gossip areas, saying that Red Hot Chili Peppers are confirmed (just inducted into the rock & roll hall of fame)...shaping up nicely...

And today I nailed down my reserved seats for Barenaked Ladies, Blues Traveller, Big Head Todd & Cracker...mostly a SRO concert, I don't feel like participating in a mosh pit.

Good concert season so far.
I was looking at that show. Also the one with Everclear, Sugar Ray, Lit, et al.
And I'd really like to see Bonnie Raitt. Going to have to weasel some tickets to that one.
  • Toyz
  • 05-18-2012, 07:08 PM
I want to see her too...and will probably do CS&N...but might just go alone to that one to savor the music/memories & not mess with taking a date...
Wow.

Lineup out and it includes:

RHCP
Neil Young
Black Keys
Steve Earle
Gary Clark Jr
Florence + The Machine
Gotye
Old 97s
Weezer

Should be a lot of fun.
  • Toyz
  • 05-23-2012, 09:38 AM
All of those save weezer are on my list. Neil young being a bucket list check off. Also looking forward to seeing alabama shakes, cicil wars & lumineers....
  • Toyz
  • 05-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Got my limit of four and have contacts for possibly two more...might have a Toyz entourage this year...
Yikes, call me what ya want but this lineup has no interest to me.

I would much rather see KISS, Motley, or an Axl led GNR headline. I know that won't happen but I can dream.

sixx