Music Thread(Hobbyists and Providers)

I wanted to give the Hendrix Experience musicians their own post to themselves and if they come back around this year, I'll let everyone know.

Anyway, I grew up on Alice Cooper and have caught 3 shows of his in about a year's time. Loved the old stuff he plays, like '18', 'School's Out' but love the newer stuff too like 'Brutal Planet', 'Lost in America', 'Dragontown', etc. I think he has been the most consistent for generating music I like for my entire life. Besides, the older he gets, the better his character fits.

If The Who could have survived themselves, I believe I would have been able to say the same about them. You just can't replace Keith Moon and John Entwhistle and have the same band.

Also I found a little know band a few years back that I really like called 'Karma to Burn', they're more of a hard rock variety that delivers. Really good sound to them.

There's more but I want to read everyone else's posts.
RL, that's a pretty impressive list also. Alice Cooper has always held that creepy factor for me. Absolutely loved his character in Prince Of Darkness, which incidentally is one of my all time favorite horror movies. I also love finding more obscure bands. :-)
Johnny Cash is GOD... if I had only one artist it would be him Por Vida!!!

I don't know how I forgot to list my ATF, Shania Twain. I've seen her about 6 times and met in in Nashville.
I also like Blondie & The Cars, Dire Straits, The Runaways, Angel, Kiss, Aerosmith,and some of the one hit wonders.
Never cared for punk or rap.
Johnny Cash is GOD... if I had only one artist it would be him Por Vida!!!

Originally Posted by Ninotsugi
Nino, I totally agree with you about Cash, love his music. Going To Jackson with June Carter is an all time favorite, thank you for your contribution!
Nino, I totally agree with you about Cash, love his music. Going To Jackson with June Carter is an all time favorite, thank you for your contribution! Originally Posted by naughtyangel4u

NaughtyAngel4U:

Your most graciously welcome for my humble contribution... it's time WE True Southern Bells took back the Mississippi Board from all the low brow drama that has reared it's hideous head, WE are truly the ones keeping the standards at a level OUR Gentleman have become accustomed to

Looking forward to YOUR next post,
Ninotsugi

We gotta get you a Women

Totally appropriate for this forum.
We gotta get you a Women

Totally appropriate for this forum. Originally Posted by aNameinGulfport

• Xjf3
  • 01-22-2018, 05:15 PM
Xjf3, Pandora is always playing in my house, so definitely relate. Great contribution of the early Punk movement, love every artist you listed. I think alot of people don't realize how influential Punk has been to music even today. Have you watched the movie, CBGB? Thank you for this awesome list! Originally Posted by naughtyangel4u
Yes! I recently watched the movie CBGB, mostly because in the early 80’s I frequented the place. At the time I lived in the NYC area and weekends meant CBGB, the Ritz, the Peppermint Lounge. I also spent time in LA and Wiskey a Go Go. I had the chance to see Black Flag, the Ramones, The B52’s, Joan Jet and many others in their primes. It’s hard to believe many are now considered mainstream!
I would admit for a person my age , early 20s , i did listen to some really hard core music growing up .Bands like mudvayne, slipknot ,Alice in Chains , static x and alot more i just cant remember . Man it sucks getting older . Also growing up i would listen to my dads stuff , like bowie , prince and shade . But my turning point in music is when i saw the movie smoking aces , the soundtrack from that movie was amazing . I started to get into all the classics like hendrix , motorhead , all surf music , nin , tool , rush , lynrd skynrd , sabbath , aerosmith , to name a few .But if your a jack white fan then you may want to check out royal blood
Wow, that must have been an experience!

Yes! I recently watched the movie CBGB, mostly because in the early 80’s I frequented the place. At the time I lived in the NYC area and weekends meant CBGB, the Ritz, the Peppermint Lounge. I also spent time in LA and Wiskey a Go Go. I had the chance to see Black Flag, the Ramones, The B52’s, Joan Jet and many others in their primes. It’s hard to believe many are now considered mainstream! Originally Posted by Xjf3
Pretty impressive list, I listen to alot of 60's music and some 70's.

I would admit for a person my age , early 20s , i did listen to some really hard core music growing up .Bands like mudvayne, slipknot ,Alice in Chains , static x and alot more i just cant remember . Man it sucks getting older . Also growing up i would listen to my dads stuff , like bowie , prince and shade . But my turning point in music is when i saw the movie smoking aces , the soundtrack from that movie was amazing . I started to get into all the classics like hendrix , motorhead , all surf music , nin , tool , rush , lynrd skynrd , sabbath , aerosmith , to name a few .But if your a jack white fan then you may want to check out royal blood Originally Posted by Mr.Lee
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NApaJtWUwwE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kdh3MOhKBmU

Just a sample of my favorite music for a highly sensual session.

Typically on day to day for commute to work, it's country due to no rock and roll radio stations.

Longer drives, in my other car, XM radio on Hair Band Radio.
If you listen to the links above, wear some good headphones, phone speakers don't even sound good with the clarity of the music.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NApaJtWUwwE Originally Posted by dj8rocks
Reminded me of Pete Bardens
I would admit for a person my age , early 20s , i did listen to some really hard core music growing up .Bands like mudvayne, slipknot ,Alice in Chains , static x and alot more i just cant remember . Man it sucks getting older . Also growing up i would listen to my dads stuff , like bowie , prince and shade . But my turning point in music is when i saw the movie smoking aces , the soundtrack from that movie was amazing . I started to get into all the classics like hendrix , motorhead , all surf music , nin , tool , rush , lynrd skynrd , sabbath , aerosmith , to name a few .But if your a jack white fan then you may want to check out royal blood Originally Posted by Mr.Lee
DAMN!!! Your dad raised you right!

Whatever he wants on his next birthday, you get it for him!