Best food in Jackson?

Yeh, Marios is gone. We ate there in the Ridgeland location about 6-8 months ago, then it closed shortly thereafter. It was good but no where near as good as it was when Mario ran it. Portion size was WAY DOWN. I didn't even need a to go box. Crab Shack on Old Canton near Lake Harbor is real good for seafood and a good price
Trying crechales in a little while. Thanks guys and gals
Trying crechales in a little while. Thanks guys and gals Originally Posted by Louisiana34
Its good, my family on both sides went there for many years. That location is closing farily soon and he is moving it out to the flowood area. The area it is in now has gotten really bad in the last 8 years or so, been on a decline for a long time now.
take a gun, bullet proof vest and stun gun where it's at. BAD part of town
I had 2 knives, a pistol and extrmely bright blinding flashlight on me when we went there about a month ago. Their very over weight semi conscious security guard really made me feel safe...
Food was good. Hospality was amazing. Looks like a hole in the wall which usually means good food. Thought prices were fair but man I got lost over on uttica and definitely saw what you guys mean about the area
I love the soft shell crab PoBoy. It's been a few years since I've been but have fond memories of it. LOL I go to the Crab Shak on Old Canton road near lake Harbor these days. GREAT lunch specials. The Grouper Sandwich is to die for
No one told this guy about Tico's or Shapley's for steak? Local 463 (owned by same guy who owns Walkers) in Madison is a favorite (steak, seafood) as well. Parlor Market in downtown Jackson is good but not as good since owner/founder/chef died.
Ill be back in two weeks. Walkers is next
I'm just not one to eat a steak out to often. I can cook them better than the restaurants LOL Fire the big Green egg up to about 800 degrees and sear the heck out of them
I got a steak at lone star in purl last week that was good, i cook better ones though. Wynndale steak house down at the end of springridge road almost to terry used to have great steaks, but i have not been there in years.
Best steak around was a place some friends owned in clinton, wish i had gotten their seasoning recipe... still miss that place and its been gone almost 4 years i think.
Wyndales was pretty good. Down there in an old gas station. I watched my ex brother in law eat a 32 oz ribeye, laded tater, salad and dessert one night. He's not a big fella either
What's for dessert?
YOU for dessert girl?

What's for dessert? Originally Posted by Nicolet
Special delivery?