Ryan Lochte Robbed At Gunpoint In Rio With 3 Other U.S. Swimmers

Heh........... robbers in Rio.... that's a shock?

Reminds me of the live coverage of NOLA after Katrina. Reporter jumps and says, I believe that was a gunshot!". My Sheila and I looked at each other and said, "Well, I guess that's his first time near the Quarter."

With Lochte's hair color, this is gonna turn out like the Allenby story in Hawaii. "Was robbed and mugged by my hotel". Caddie said it was a T-boy!!

Wait.... T-boys in Rio?..... say it ain't so.
If you know how to be safe Rio is fine. Originally Posted by BigLouie
The problem my friend is most don't
Now they are saying he made it up?
Ryan and the other swimmers have ZERO reason to make it up. Officials are questioning it because of the high profile nature of who he is (more people will pay attention) and the potential implications to tourism dollars. I can understand their stance.
  • bon69
  • 08-18-2016, 09:07 AM
Ryan and the other swimmers have ZERO reason to make it up. Officials are questioning it because of the high profile nature of who he is (more people will pay attention) and the potential implications to tourism dollars. I can understand their stance. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
I don't know but their stories don't sync and are ever changing. Plus the video doesn't jive with what they were saying. We will see but this is starting to look like a drunk prank that has gotten out of hand. Time will tell. Plus SC, people have never had to have a reason to be stupid.
I don't know but their stories don't sync and are ever changing. Plus the video doesn't jive with what they were saying. We will see but this is starting to look like a drunk prank that has gotten out of hand. Time will tell. Plus SC, people have never had to have a reason to be stupid. Originally Posted by bon69

Looks like these muthafuckers lied. SMDH. I went to bat for Lochte this shit is insane

So in summary they broke down a bathroom door. Got into a physical altercation with a security guard, the guard pulled his gun and they turned down. Apparently all caught on tape.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b095b2f542b9f6
  • bon69
  • 08-18-2016, 10:01 AM
Looks like these muthafuckers lied. SMDH. I went to bat for Lochte this shit is insane

So in summary they broke down a bathroom door. Got into a physical altercation with a security guard, the guard pulled his gun and they turned down. Apparently all caught on tape.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b095b2f542b9f6 Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Yeah will at least Lochte was smart enough to get out of the country. This will just cost them $$ and embarrassment. You and I both know how stupid people can be when drunk. I am just thankful for me there was no cell phones or internet around when I was young. Or cameras everywhere.
Wow, if true, this is appallingly BAD. Doesn't just affect them, either. Visiting athletes who outright lie and put a host country in a bad light to cover their own recklessness bring shame to everyone at home and their co-team members. Could muddy international relations and other sporting events. Makes you wonder what else they might be dishonest about?

The lads could, and should, face serious repercussions if this was convenient creative storytelling.
You ever been to Rio? ^^^^^^^

Kinda like going one street over from beal street in Memphis.... You know .... But... Then you have a story to tell.
Well I hope Ryan Lochte has other options other than endorsements to earn a living because he is going to hard pressed to make money off his gold medals after this epic cluster fuck of a lie.

Good thing he got home early, too bad he left his buddies to take the heat for his stupidity. Seems like he was the ringleader in composing the false story. Lets see if he mans up and goes back to address his actions and face the consequences.

USOC ans USA Swimming ought to drop any ties to his stupid ass as fast as they can.

Can't wait for the memes to start being posted.

This alleged man is 32. What possibly reason did he have to lie? The USOC aren't his parents. Is he related to Johnny Manziel?
This alleged man is 32. What possibly reason did he have to lie? The USOC aren't his parents. Is he related to Johnny Manziel? Originally Posted by Permission2Look
Haha on that last part. Manziel and Lochte may be talented athletically, but have lost any respect as far as "real" manhood goes.

Watching CNN break a story now on the situation. Updating constantly online. http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/18/sport/...ery-questions/

Appears an inebriated Lochte and buds stopped at a gas station on the way back to the Olympic dorms, vandalized the premises, a security guard confronted them and may have drawn his weapon at some point, possibly after they became angry at being detained. Granted, they were unarmed, but 4 rowdy young drunk foreign guys in obvious primo physical condition getting testy after they were caught committing a property crime of stupidity? Hell, I would have pulled out a gun, too, just in case.

Evidently the management pressured them to pay damages before leaving the location and to avoid police intervention, which perhaps could be construed as coercion and a form of vigilante robbery in their idiotic alcohol-hazy egomaniac minds. Hence the vindictive story, which was evidently Lochte's bright idea. What a crock of stinky!
Hence the vindictive story, which was evidently Lochte's bright idea. What a crock of stinky!
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels

The version that I'm (currently) trusting is that it started as a face-saving lie to his mother because he was too ashamed to tell her the truth. His mother took the lie and ran with it. And the lie did what all lies do sooner or later: it metastasized. This version doesn't indict him for vindictiveness, only for failure to man up and tell his mother the truth. I'm not blaming her, but one can imagine how domineering a woman could have been to make her kid swim all them laps over many years.

The version that I'm (currently) trusting is that it started as a face-saving lie to his mother because he was too ashamed to tell her the truth. His mother took the lie and ran with it. And the lie did what all lies do sooner or later: it metastasized. This version doesn't indict him for vindictiveness, only for failure to man up and tell his mother the truth. I'm not blaming her, but one can imagine how domineering a woman could have been to make her kid swim all them laps over many years. Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak
Water on the brain, maybe?

He's been on the Today Show and many others lying to our faces, and he didn't have to do that. (Whatever happened to, "No comment?") Saving face has become an in-your-face explosion. (Something we ladies are familiar with on a much more pleasant basis.) I believe he's hiding behind mommy's skirts right now.

Will he be
man enough to go on the same shows and admit what he did? I agree with O'Mike; Lochte has cost himself a lucrative future, at the very least, and who knows what else may come of this. Advertisers can't be involved in PR nightmares, and I'm sure the Olympic Committee is watching carefully. Isn't there a morals clause?
I knew the truth would come out