Paying for sessions via Credit Card...What do you think?

If you're taking money online, use Bitcoin only.

THAT'S WHAT I NEED TO SETUP!!! Bitcoin escrow service, any interested parties?
I would be cautious of using a provider who takes a credit card for several reasons. First, I know she has to pay the card company a fee for each time a customer pays with a CC. Most likely her rates will be higher to offset the fees associated with accepting a CC. Second, a CC leaves a paper trail. Third, unless I really trust the provider, there is the possibility she can use the CC info for identity theft or worse. Cash is the best way to go all round in the hobby-- even for procuring a hotel room. I know another thread on here mentions hotel personnel are trained to spot questionable activity with using cash to be one of those. I refuse to use a pre-paid CC that requires an activation fee. Even pre-paid cards require some form of information like name and address. Of course, one can lie, but still using a pre-paid is more hassle than it is worth. When it comes to CC for stuff like a room, it is probably best to have a CC in your name only that a SO doesn't know about or forgets that you have. Keep the billing as on-line only with your hobby e-mail as the method of contact.
It's a bad idea ijs
Can't I just run a tab???
You think that's funny ? Lol I had a guy ask me that yesterday
You think that's funny ? Lol I had a guy ask me that yesterday Originally Posted by small package
A lot of girls hit up guys for advance payment. Why can't guys get an advance too?
  • Laz
  • 06-25-2012, 07:55 AM
Credit Cards are a convenience but I would not use one with or accept payment from someone I did not know well and have experience with. The risk to both parties is too high. The charge can be easily challenged and there would be little the provider can do. If a hobbyist is worried about protecting their identity then the credit card is a direct connection to real life. If you are dealing with someone that you know then the risk is minimal.
Cash transaction only...others have stated the reasons, but to reiterate - you do not want to leave any trails; using a credit card will leave a trail. Thus, the use of hobby, throw away phones and e-mail accounts, not using work network to access. Remember...NO TRAILS.
Caution goes for both providers as well as hobbyists.

Stay safe and have fun
My experience with paypal is they will lock your account and tell you they will "hold" your money while they investigate you to decide just what they plan to do to you for using their family oriented site for illegal services. Get off paypal yesterday!
They eventually closed my account, banned me for life, and mailed me a check for the balance less a fat service charge.

I do accept credit cards but not through paypal or any association with them! Yikes! Originally Posted by Fallon Kelly

I once made the mistake of having a client use Paypal and he charged back. And I had no recourse for that. What would I tell Paypal what he actually paid for LOL? But credit cards I have considered, I just have no idea how to go about setting it up and all that, and I fear chargebacks too.
Alright ... get a blow jobs and airline miles at the same time.
you cant use paypal for adult businesses

there is a reason why most prostitutes only take cash up front.it is very easy to lie to the credit card company & say that you never got what you paid for(or whatever). good luck with that, though
I've been curious about using the square, but I'm very hesitant about using them.

I'd be scared of the IRS coming after me. I've heard that banks will report you if you deposit a lot of money, but don't have a legit job or company.

I've had a prepaid card company that cut me off and didn't return my money on top of that. Good thing there was only $20 in the account.

there is a reason why most prostitutes only take cash up front.it is very easy to lie to the credit card company & say that you never got what you paid for(or whatever). good luck with that, though Originally Posted by diordandridge

EXACTLY..... i think there is going to be a huge increase in Alert threads all over...

"so-n-so paid with CC and then he claimed card was stolen" kinda thing.
or

" so-n-so stole my CC"

or

"i have to retire because my SO followed my paper trail to hooker row"

I dont own CC for one reason... if i dont have the cash, then i dont need it. In the world of hobby.... if you dont have the cash.. you probably shouldnt buy it.

I can see a guy going around making 50 charges for kitty in a week and then calling card in stolen !! LOL

Anyhoo... ill watch alert threads. And ill continue with the cash.
Hello everyone! I wanted to find out what you all thought about paying for a session via Credit Card.
I recently acquired the ability to do so myself...and I was wondering if any of my eccie peers had any thoughts on the subject.
I researched carefully in choosing the company to handle the financial transfer...and decided to use pay pal...

"PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online. The service allows people to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With 110 million active accounts in 190 markets and 25 currencies around the world,"

https://www.paypal-media.com/about
https://www.paypal-media.com/awards

After opening the PayPal merchant account, I then utilized the PayPal debit Master Card and connected it to the account so that payments would load directly onto the debit card from the account. I was then able to link a payment option onto my website. I am pretty pleased with how it all worked out so well, felt much more secure with PayPal than I did installing one of the card readers and apps to my smart phone.

http://merciannamondragon.net
http://www.merciannamondragon.net/donations--faq.html

I do hope that this will be more convenient and my clients feel secure in using it.

What have you experienced hobbyists? Providers who accept credit cards...has it been profitable? I am very curious to know what the community thinks about it... Originally Posted by mercianna
Do you want an honest opinion.

I think you are out of your mind, and any Hobbyist that would leave ANY traceable evidence of his activities is just as insane.
c c are bad news........paper trail......how do you expain a 500.00 or 1000.00 charge to your SO