Do you remember your first concert?

Count Basie Band in 72
St. Louis County Parks and Recreation Department held concerts each year in the summer and in '63 or '64, they had a 4th of July concert at Vinita Park, less than a block from my house. Chubby Checkers was the headliner and they had a twist contest and a neighbor from down the street who weighed about 350 lbs. won the contest...

Most memorable, August 1966, my dad thought rock and roll was of the devil and the Beatles were his spawn, so I had to sneak out of the house and take the bus down to Busch Stadium and hear the Beatles, standing in the rain...snuck back in the house and had to hide my rain soaked clothes until they went to work so I could throw them in the dryer....my parents and siblings never knew that I went...
Rolling Stones, Aerie Crown Theater in Chicago at McCormick Place, 1966, $5.00 a ticket.
First major concert was at Hilton Coliseum in Ames. Foreigner, Stix, and Little River Band in Sept. 1977
Kiss and Queensryche 1984 Municiple Auditorium
I'm embarrassed to say it was Barry Manilow in the early 70s with my parents and my first girlfriend. It was fun though! LOL
Peter Frampton “Frampton Live” tour with Santana and Gary Wright the Dream Weaver at Royals Stadium. I actually sat where the pitchers mound would be.
Mountain & Jethro Tull, August 1970 @ Red Rocks Amphitheater (Colorado)
Pink Floyd, Division Bell Tour, Arrowhead Stadium, June 20, 1994
KISS 1979, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
St. Louis County Parks and Recreation Department held concerts each year in the summer and in '63 or '64, they had a 4th of July concert at Vinita Park, less than a block from my house. Chubby Checkers was the headliner and they had a twist contest and a neighbor from down the street who weighed about 350 lbs. won the contest...

Most memorable, August 1966, my dad thought rock and roll was of the devil and the Beatles were his spawn, so I had to sneak out of the house and take the bus down to Busch Stadium and hear the Beatles, standing in the rain...snuck back in the house and had to hide my rain soaked clothes until they went to work so I could throw them in the dryer....my parents and siblings never knew that I went... Originally Posted by kcpitchreader
And the tickets were $5.50 and Stix, Baer and Fuller was one of the sponsors...best Department store ever...

Most spontaneous concert I have ever been to, and really wasn’t a concert, but we were in Atlanta for a Braves game when I was in college, not sure of the year but it was sometime before May ‘75, and Grand Funk Railroad was in town and we into the Atlanta Underground and they were playing at a bar/nightspot and were jamming until way past last call... and if you have Caught in the Act, their live album, Foot Stompin’ Music was just like that except it went on for about 15 minutes with instrumentals....and they started the song out the same way, “Awwwwwww Shit!”
Bob Seger 1977 Municipal Hall $7.00 General Admission
Also saw U2 in the early 80's at Memorial Hall for $4.00. Saw them again 2 years ago $125.00.
Journey 1980.
Somebody said Red Rocks in Denver, awesome venue. My first was Jefferson Airplane at Municipal Auditorium.

Where was Cowtown Ballroom? I saw a bunch of great concerts there and thought it was a fun place, but I imagine it was just a little dumpy place.