OBAMA SHUTS DOWN EMBASSIES AROUND THE WORLD........

Regardless of your "opinion", there was no "ineptness" in the decision to renew hostilities against Saddam Hussein for violating U.N. sanctions. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
IBH ... they don't want to talk about reality. History is not on their side.

Had the Japanese conducted themselves as did the Iraqis after the Japanese "peace agreement" millions of U.S. soldiers would have died ... according to military predictions, and given some of the more infamous island invasions in the Pacific those predictions were reasonable. Who knows? Some of these assholes may not have even been conceived! What a loss it would have been.

The waste is not the sacrifices and the decision to invade.

The waste is how this administration has responded to the sacrifices already made by those who gave all they had.

Eisenhower, JFK, LBJ, and Nixon ... "wasted" 50,000 + (some still "wasting" today) U.S. lives in SE Asia ...

............. so "we" can buy cheap T-shirts (that don't even fit) at Walmart!
Incorrect, most conservatives don't like the inept and sloppy cover-ups and blame shifting after the dick-stepping has happened. The left is apparently fine with all that as long as its Obama and his administration doing it. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser

Like invading Iraq? There is a dick stepper.
Like invading Iraq? There is a dick stepper. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I don't recall B-B-B-Bush covering up the fact and/or blaming everyone else for going in there. Do you, specifically?
I don't recall B-B-B-Bush covering up the fact and/or blaming everyone else for going in there. Do you, specifically? Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
I do remember a bunch of folks lying about how Bush-Cheney deceived them ...

... never figured out how admitting that some "dumbass, knitwits" who "didn't have a brain cell between their ears" and "cheated there way through school" would be a plus ...

particularly after defeating them again in an election after fooling them the first time ....

and made them "look good"!

But, hey .... if they like to brag about being outsmarted by some dumbasses .. go for it!
I don't recall B-B-B-Bush covering up the fact and/or blaming everyone else for going in there. Do you, specifically? Originally Posted by Chica Chaser

No he was straight forward with his statement of " That is the man who tried to kill my Daddy" Good enough reason to go to war.
No he was straight forward with his statement of " That is the man who tried to kill my Daddy" Good enough reason to go to war. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
As far as I am concerned a plot to kill the President of the United States, even "retired," is justification to deal with the plotters ... with military force or whatever means is appropriate.

And I don't really give a rat's ass who it is ... Carter, Clinton, Bush (I or II), Obaminable.

IMO we should have cut Saddam's legs off at the knees in the first invasion.

I fault Bush I for that ... although I recognize he was operating under U.N. mandates.

Clinton should have kicked his ass when he ignored U.N. mandates.

We don't need to be kicking cans down the road. Step up and bite the bullets.
  • CJ7
  • 08-04-2013, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=i'va biggen;1053556195]No he was straight forward with his statement of " That is the man who tried to kill my Daddy"

which IMO was bullshit ... whack the POTUS while you're right in the middle of trying to get UN sanctions lifted ??

Saddam must have been a Republican.
Actually, the plot was real. Clinton confirmed it. Tossed some missiles and moved on.
No he was straight forward with his statement of " That is the man who tried to kill my Daddy" Good enough reason to go to war. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Maybe so, but that sure didn't slow the electorate from voting him back in for another term did it? Too bad Obama can't be as honest in his dealings. No, he is going to blame and deflect any bad decisions to anyone within range. A real leader right there.
  • CJ7
  • 08-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Actually, the plot was real. Clinton confirmed it. Tossed some missiles and moved on. Originally Posted by LexusLover

I remember the missiles but not as a result of an attempted assignation that was deemed skeptical at best.

but ... you're correct

The circumstances of the alleged plot, which ended in a trial and conviction of 11 Iraqis and three Kuwaitis, have always evoked skepticism, although Clinton himself was apparently sufficiently convinced after receiving reports from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to order a missile strike on the Iraqi intelligence headquarters in Baghdad that killed six civilians in June 1993
I don't have a problem; but why not tell the public the reasons for the global closure?

I suspect it is because Obama wants to keep up the illusion that he has Al Qaeda "on it's heels"....................same reason he concocted the phony video storyline after Benghazi ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Shutting down 20+ embassies shows AQ is anything but on their heels. It gives them cred. What's going to happen next month/11? Did Homeland Security move the threat alert color to "Orange?"

It's a shame four thousand plus men/women died because of Bush and Cheney ineptness as leaders.

It is not what you or I think IB, it is what voters in the middle think. Originally Posted by WTF
Could you provide a working link to a reputable pollster that backs this up? Or have you earned another Internet GED?

Obama is making multiple planned speeches in the coming weeks - one each week with a "theme." The first one was a week or so ago. They will be on "friendly ground" and televised. At least until the MSM gets tired of giving away free airtime. This rehearsal just ties into one of them.
  • WTF
  • 08-04-2013, 07:13 PM

Could you provide a working link to a reputable pollster that backs this up? Or have you earned another Internet GED?

. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I was speaking of Bush's reelection in 2004 and Obama's in 2012. I think their victory pretty much confirms it...

Maybe so, but that sure didn't slow the electorate from voting him back in for another term did it? Too bad Obama can't be as honest in his dealings. No, he is going to blame and deflect any bad decisions to anyone within range. A real leader right there. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Kinda like Bush blaming the CIA for Iraq!
#1: Operative phrase .... "I think" .... on what basis do you "think" that .. Obaminable's "thoughts"?
#2: Let's just close all of our embassies and RETREAT home to defend Boston! (sarcasm)*

That is EXACTLY what OBL wanted from the "get go" ... for us to "get out of town"!

So, even though your Fearful Leader killed OBL ...(cough, cough) ...

.......... OBL beats his ASS FROM HIS WATERY GRAVE.

A dead man beat the dead head. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I respect many of your opinions.

This pablum isn't one of them.
Kinda like Bush blaming the CIA for Iraq! Originally Posted by WTF
While it is a "hypothetical" so say Bush blamed the CIA for Iraq, it sure sounded like Obama was actually blaming the CIA or "the intelligence community" for giving him bad info when he said THEY were the ones that told him the Bengazhi attack was because of an Youtube video clip.

But hey, I keep forgetting, Obama is NEVER wrong about anything. and most especially never to BLAME for anything that goes wrong, he only gets credit for stuff that goes right.
[QUOTE=gnadfly;1053556725]

QUOTE]

Thank you for holding him accountable.

Now seal his fate by showing a reputable poll that states the opposite.

It should be easy for someone with an internet GED equivalency certificate.

Douche-bag.