Famous movie quotes

My dear boy there are some things that go bump in the night,we are the things that bump back.Hellboy the frist one
For the star wars quoters ----I so lust you.

City of angels: I wait all day, just hoping for one more minute with you, and I don't even know you.
Lest I forget, from Firefly, after the Companion Inora walks by with another woman on way to her private quarters:

Jayne: "I'll be in my bunk."

In the same vein, from Serenity:

Kaylee: "Been over a year nothing's been twixt my nethers weren't run by battiers."
Mal: "Oh God, I can't KNOW that."
Jayne: "I could hear some more."
BobInKC, I've always loved that quote from the Unforgiven..........

"I found you in hell. Don't you think I could find you in Jeresy." from What Dreams May Come
From the most quotable figure in movie history...

No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try. (The Empire Strikes Back)

or on a lighter note than is usual for him....

Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing. How embarrassing. (Attack of the Clones)

And more appropriately for this board...
[IMG][/IMG]
"You will give your rifle a girl's name because this is the only pussy you people are going to get. Your days of finger-banging ol' Mary J. Rottencrotch through her pretty pink panties are over."

Sgt. Hartman from Full Metal Jacket
Having tried this a few times, remember to give the proper credit to the screen writer who wrote the words.

I am shocked, shocked that gambling is going on in here. (money is handed to him) Your winnings sir. (takes the money) Oh, thank you very much. (pockets the money) Everybody out at once! Captain Renault-Casablanca, Julius and Philip Epstein.

(in front of a table full of weapons) From Red China: Chicom K-50 sub-machine gun... Chinese communist! SKS Soviet-made semi-automatic carbine... Russian communist! Ammunition, Czechoslovakian-made... Czech communist! No sir, Mr. Beckworth! It doesn't take a lead weight to fall on me or a hit from one of those weapons to recognize that what's involved here is communist domination of the world! Sargeant Muldoon, The Green Berets-James Lee Barrett

Most human problems can be solved by an appropriate charge of high explosives. Blaster, Uncommon Valor-Joe Gayton

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one. Captain Spock, Star Trek, The Wrath of Khan- Gene Roddenberry, Harve Bennett.

I'm obnoxious and disliked! John Adams-1776, Sherman Edwards and Peter Stone

I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace; that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God, I have had this Congress! For ten years, King George and his Parliament have gulled, cullied, and diddled these colonies with their illegal taxes! Stamp Acts, Townshend Acts, Sugar Acts, Tea Acts! And when we dared stand up like men, they have stopped our trade, seized our ships, blockaded our ports, burned our towns, and spilled our BLOOD! And still, this Congress refuses to grant ANY of my proposals on independence, even so much as the courtesty of open debate! Good God, what in hell are you waiting for? John Adams, 1776-Sherman Edwards and Peter Stone

Uh, JD, somewhat off topic, but a point of order about 1776--what has changed? I say, my dear fellow, we seem to have reverted to the mean. lol
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. Nada, They Live, Ray Nelson and John Carpenter.
Great quotes all and too many classics to list BUT one of my favorite lines (and I use it a lot whenever someone says something stupid) is from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid when Sundance says to Butch "You keep thinking Butch, that's what you're good at."
Great quotes all and too many classics to list BUT one of my favorite lines (and I use it a lot whenever someone says something stupid) is from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid when Sundance says to Butch "You keep thinking Butch, that's what you're good at." Originally Posted by b.daddy51
"I've got vision and the rest of the world wears bi-focals." - Butch Cassidy (Paul Newman) right after that quote by the Sundance Kid (Robert Redford).
Like many fly fishermen in western Montana where the summer days are almost Arctic in length, I often do not start fishing until the cool of the evening. Then in the Arctic half-light of the canyon, all existence fades to a being with my soul and memories and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River and a four-count rhythm and the hope that a fish will rise. Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of those rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.
A classic....."Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
A classic....."Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine." Originally Posted by growler
And the remarkable thing about "that" movie is that it was written on the fly as they went and they had no idea of how it would end until in the process of making it. Some of the best stuff comes out under deadline pressure creativity.
Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me
Clint Eastwood, Gran Torino