A non-partisan Question

Thread title clearly states that it is a non partisan question, so any attempts to "blame" or "attribute" one party or other for their situation is not responsive to the stated question. Unless, of course, the thread and others like it is not meant to be non partisan to begin with.
Lol.
Thread title clearly states that it is a non partisan question, so any attempts to "blame" or "attribute" one party or other for their situation is not responsive to the stated question. Unless, of course, the thread and others like it is not meant to be non partisan to begin with. Originally Posted by reddog1951
Well, my personal position on many issues is known on this forum.

The point of this thread, as I have written above, to elicit a discussion on how and what can be done to make the Nation a better place to live moving forward from where we are right now. I may have slipped in referring to the" progressive agenda", sorry. But what will be effective in correcting the current disfunctions in our society?

I have my opinions on this. My position is already known here. I am looking for someone to convince me that I am wrong and perhaps influence others in the same way. Tell me why I should give up my point of view and go another way?

So far, no one has given me cogent reasons not connected with embracing or eschewing this or that celebrity politician.
We are ok now but just making it. House and both cars are paid for, but the truck is 20 years old now. I Can't imagine buying even a used EV Originally Posted by ICU 812

You are ok now because you made smart decisions to invest in a house and gas powered cars
Buying an EV is a really bad investment if you want it to last another 20 years like your truck
For one, I definitely am better off compared to the given timeframes both financially and mentally. Retired, paid off all debt, and annuitized everything for guaranteed income for life signicantly more than made working regardless of market fluctuations. Less stress and more fun. Not the answer the troll wanted, but fact. Originally Posted by reddog1951
I have to call BS on you for the last two years. Retired? Who is your retirement money handling it? 401K? IRA? Money stuffed in your mattress declining in value every day? Maybe you're into gold and silver. Crypto? You're saying that all of that is better now than then. So, bullshit!

More fun? Nuclear war a possibility now, costs going up, yeah, things are so much better.

How about for everyone? Don't be selfish, if you robbed a bank, or more likely, stole from widows and orphans and have money to burn; how about the rest of the country. Better or worse now?
Thread title clearly states that it is a non partisan question, so any attempts to "blame" or "attribute" one party or other for their situation is not responsive to the stated question. Unless, of course, the thread and others like it is not meant to be non partisan to begin with. Originally Posted by reddog1951
The original statement and question is "are you better off now or then?". You claim that you are. Okay, my question is "is the country better off now?". There is nothing partisan about that question unless you feel defensive. It sounds like you want to protect someone for something that they did or allowed to happen. Wonder who that person is?
Regardless of party affiliation or policy orientation:

Are you better off now than you were ten years ago?

What about eight years ago?

Two years ago?

Well . . . ARE you? Originally Posted by ICU 812
Yes.

Bad comparison. 2 years ago we were in the middle of a pandemic. Could not travel. We were almost confined to our homes. When we did go out, masks were mandatory. Government threw money at us which eventually led to the high inflation rates we have today. So other than the high inflation rate I am much happier today than 2 years ago. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Happier is better.

You can’t use this place as a microcosm of society, people here have money to burn. Put the same question in a military forum, for example, where men are just scraping by and would be bankrupt without BAH. See how well 40% higher energy, 30% higher food and rent, etc etc goes over with middle and lower income folks. Real Americans are suffering, and people living in a bubble convince themselves that they’re not because it hasn’t hit them personally. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme

With the "supply chain this" and the "supply chain" that of the past two years, I haven't made out like a bandit. But my industry was critical. I played a little part in that.

Was able to "squeeze" vendors, customers and my employer for better or more benefits. I guess, maybe, a little bit of banditry. High demand and little supply; "if" I can get it to you, it will cost you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8SrVtaSpVg
The question was am I better off today than a couple years ago and I answered the question directly. Where I derive my income is respectfully no one's business...I will say it comes honestly from years of dedicated work unlike what was imputed.

Now if the discussion is the condition of others....we'll that's a different topic, isn't it.
The question was am I better off today than a couple years ago and I answered the question directly. Where I derive my income is respectfully no one's business...I will say it comes honestly from years of dedicated work unlike what was imputed.

Now if the discussion is the condition of others....we'll that's a different topic, isn't it. Originally Posted by reddog1951
Very well said.
Generally I'm much better than 2 yes ago. Refinanced at sub 3.0 on mrtg, and bought a rental property, vs and earn 150% more than prior. Hated the lockdowns and mask days, feel like I was in prison, but still seems not "back to normal" but better. Not happy about inflation but it doesn't affect me since many of my expenses are fixed and only drive about 5k miles a yr. I fly for trips and such. I would say while I personally am fine, I don't think most people share that luck. I'm still heavily into stocks while we are seeing low prices...the ol buy low and sell high. My horizon is 10 yrs out.
Better off? Anyone that answers yes is filthy rich. Those aren’t the people Bidenflation effects. As far as your woke feelings well I refer you to Troy Aikman
I still pose the question...is the country and the people of this country better off than they were two years ago?
Better off? Anyone that answers yes is filthy rich. Those aren’t the people Bidenflation effects. As far as your woke feelings well I refer you to Troy Aikman Originally Posted by oilfieldace

Bullshit. Should have read my post before posting yours'.

I still pose the question...is the country and the people of this country better off than they were two years ago? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

Do you understand you're deliberately hijacking this thread? I'm not going to RTM you, but seriously dude - use your head.

How can re-stating the question posed in the nop be construed as hijacking?

Burton, who will speak as part of UWM’s Distinguished Lecture Series and Geek Week activities this Thursday evening at the UWM Union, believes the TV show did nothing less than change the world for the people who watched it. "I believe in some small way, we had a hand in creating a generation of adults - today - who are readers in part because of 'Reading Rainbow,'" Burton says. "And for me, that's no small thing."

When the show began in 1983, Burton was already well-known for his lead role as Kunte Kinte in the landmark TV miniseries "Roots." And even as the PBS series was produced, he also held down a starring role - as Geordi LaForge - in the series, "Star Trek: The Next Generation." But Burton thinks the role of host - and executive producer - of "Reading Rainbow" is the one that he was meant for.

https://www.wuwm.com/podcast/lake-ef...ion-of-readers

Regardless of party affiliation or policy orientation:

Are you better off now than you were ten years ago?

What about eight years ago?

Two years ago?

Well . . . ARE you? Originally Posted by ICU 812
I have to call BS on you for the last two years. Retired? Who is your retirement money handling it? 401K? IRA? Money stuffed in your mattress declining in value every day? Maybe you're into gold and silver. Crypto? You're saying that all of that is better now than then. So, bullshit!

More fun? Nuclear war a possibility now, costs going up, yeah, things are so much better.

How about for everyone? Don't be selfish, if you robbed a bank, or more likely, stole from widows and orphans and have money to burn; how about the rest of the country. Better or worse now? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
The original statement and question is "are you better off now or then?". You claim that you are. Okay, my question is "is the country better off now?". There is nothing partisan about that question unless you feel defensive. It sounds like you want to protect someone for something that they did or allowed to happen. Wonder who that person is? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

Now if the discussion is the condition of others....we'll that's a different topic, isn't it. Originally Posted by reddog1951
I still pose the question...is the country and the people of this country better off than they were two years ago? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Bullshit. Should have read my post before posting yours'.

Do you understand you're deliberately hijacking this thread? I'm not going to RTM you, but seriously dude - use your head. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
How can re-stating the question posed in the nop be construed as hijacking? Originally Posted by ICU 812

Some people, eh?