Question for mainly UC

Yeah, I heard from some BBQ guys this morning. Sucks, Rob was a good guy. I knew him for the BBQ Comp circuit when he ran Munchin Hogs at the Hilton before he opened Q39. Probably the best chef in the KC BBQ places, as he was classically French trained, and could cook anything. Originally Posted by Jaberwabee
Exactly.
The competition humor was, when he was entered in those, that the competition was for 2nd place.
Probably ate too much of his greasy BBQ
Porkys bbq south of grain valley is my favorite but only open on the weekend
Wyandotte bbq??
Lmao Originally Posted by BigDeal

I'll confirm.
I heard a couple hours ago. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Any time I hear any news should I come to you to confirm? Give me a break, don’t need your “expertise” on everything. You provide some good intel for some things…let go of the others…
Any time I hear any news should I come to you to confirm? Give me a break, don’t need your “expertise” on everything. You provide some good intel for some things…let go of the others… Originally Posted by kcpitchreader
Aw, he just can't help pretending that he is important enough. But we all know that Q39 is really fake BBQ. Not at all like the real thing: AB.
Rj's Bob E Que
in Mission
i hear slaps is fire never tried it personally yet.

my choice is jack stack!
Burnt ends at LCs.
We have season tickets for all KC home games so Saturday night we did eat at Pig in Liberty (at my suggestion from what was posted here) and it was pretty good. We had the good fortune to get to be in a suite for the game so we ate what they had catered at the game. Not sure where it came from but the sausage and chicken was very good.
Aw, he just can't help pretending that he is important enough. But we all know that Q39 is really fake BBQ. Not at all like the real thing: AB. Originally Posted by JRLawrence
AB? Don't know that acronym.

No, not fake BBQ, just different BBQ that you don't care for. There are more than enough BBQ places in the area to go out every night of the year without repeating so you have lots of choices. Not sure why you have such a hard on against Q39 but I think all of us have heard you loud and clear. Give us your favorite as do others. Yes, I do like Q39 but I also like LCs and many others. Some of us have an eclectic enough palate that we can enjoy varieties of all types from many different venues. Limiting your palate can be soul destroying...
AB = Arthur Bryants
AB = Arthur Bryants Originally Posted by bcm1969
GOT IT! Now there is a guy that really knows about BBQ. The first AB always referred to a place that makes BBQ as a "Grease Joint".

Warning: when you walk into Q39 and see the suits: walk out, it isn't a grease joint.

Q-39 may have tasty food. It just isn't KC BBQ: it is something else that you may expect in New York. Thus, it should not be called BBQ.
We have season tickets for all KC home games so Saturday night we did eat at Pig in Liberty (at my suggestion from what was posted here) and it was pretty good. We had the good fortune to get to be in a suite for the game so we ate what they had catered at the game. Not sure where it came from but the sausage and chicken was very good. Originally Posted by CryptKicker
Well, I'm glad that worked for you. The guys that own Jousting Pig's were competition BBQ guys competing in Texas. They cite Franklin BBQ in Austin as a source of inspiration.
Porky’s is one of my favorites. The bad thing they just open Friday, Saturday and Sunday until 3. And burn ends are just for sale on Sunday.