Do y'all use a VPN?

I use PIA and oh2 blocks US and Canada ip addresses.
Bought a lifetime subscription of Windscribe about 3 years ago for 60$.. and, use it for everything. Winscribe is no-logs VPN. Recently, OH2 banned one of the windsribe servers by IP address, so I switched to Chicago as my server and I am in again.

I use firefox almost exclusively and have loaded Ublock Origin, Duckduckgo Privacy Essentials, Privacy Badger extensions, and erase my history after every browser exit. Sure, it means I have to login to this site everytime I open a new browser, but hopefully it helps me keep my browsing private.
  • L1A2D
  • 03-31-2022, 03:54 PM
I always use at least one VPN
Often more than one at the same time
I never use a VPN. When I tried to use such software, it flooded every subfolder of my registry with its connections and useless files. It took me about 15 minutes of pressing the DELETE button to delete it all and clean up the registry. Don't be as naive as other users who think the VPN protects their online anonymity. Try connecting to proxy servers at Staff edit - Spam. dj8. You don't need to download any software to use any of the proxies. Downloading programs from unfamiliar sites always means downloading a virus, you know. You can set up a proxy server in a separate window of the browser you use. It's safe.
IPVanish for $79/year, Denmark connection bounce is fast.
I use TorGuard VPN - no logs, plenty of servers to choose from, fat client or browser based plugin options, even runs on Android TV so I can stream content from other countries if I want to. Super cheap too.
I've been using Nord VPN as well for quite a while. Works fine, and barely affects my internet speed at all. Only problem I've had is that occasionally a site will balk because it says "suspicious activity detected from my IP address". Probably they're getting a lot of hits from that server. No problem, just change your connection to a different server. Look around and you can find discounts, for example a lot of active YouTube sites are sponsored by them and have a discount code.

The other VPN I've seen rated highly (in particular, because I used to travel a lot to China before COVID) is Express VPN. Haven't used it myself, so can't say positive or negative. Your other choice is the Tor browser, but the one time I tried it I found it horribly slow. Maybe just bad luck, but I haven't tried it since.
I never use a VPN. When I tried to use such software, it flooded every subfolder of my registry with its connections and useless files. It took me about 15 minutes of pressing the DELETE button to delete it all and clean up the registry. Don't be as naive as other users who think the VPN protects their online anonymity. Try connecting to proxy servers at Staff Edit - Biomed1 - SPAM. You don't need to download any software to use any of the proxies. Downloading programs from unfamiliar sites always means downloading a virus, you know. You can set up a proxy server in a separate window of the browser you use. It's safe. Originally Posted by kathryndinovo
Looks great
Spamming the Forums is not permitted.
Surfshark works well.
PersonalVPN from Witopia. Handsdown the best. But settiing it up it helps if you understand VPNs. I've used it for 10+ years. Very fast, servers all over the world, and no logs. I use it always. Have it on my phone too. Cost about $70/year with discounts for multiple years.

Also use Firefox in private mode and/or DuckDuckGo (which is always in private mode). Clean up old files and registry every few months with CCleaner.
Nord VPN so far so good