What's up GeniusMan/ Do you have a scam that lets you get discounts you don't reflect in your reviews?

IF one gets a discount that is between that person and the said lady. One can get a discount for several reasons (if one is into giving them), doesnt mean the next person is entitled to the same. Again like I said its between the 2 people "we" dont know what happened and why, that is BCD and their business. Originally Posted by Sexy Roxanne
+1
if you want your own discount, become a much-appreciated regular.
Wow, everyone grab tha popcorn ! Originally Posted by Atxitalianbella
Kettle corn please and thank you
I don't begrudge Genius getting a discount.

But if part of the reason he got the discount is because he posts pictures of the girls, and he doesn't acknowledge the reason he is getting the discount, that is one reason for me to question his reviews.

Also, if he doesn't put in the review the actual price he paid, but leads us to believe he paid full price, then that is another reason to question anything he writes in a review.

ECCIE is for information exchange. If we are all going to lie, then what is the value in the information exchange?
Lying? ON THIS BOARD? LYING?

THERE'S NO LYING IN THE HOBBY!
Discounting(poor choice of words) the personalities in this discussion, and how it all got started for a second.

Let's say you are a customer of mine and I notice that you having been coming in my store on a regular basis, dropping a couple of hundred every time you come in.

So I say to myself, I'd like to cultivate this relationship, and I extend to you a 10% discount on all of your subsequent purchases. Do I want you to go and tell all your friends what you're getting? Does it make the product you are purchasing worth any less?

Just saying if you want to keep talking about how this is all just a business relationship, then business is business, and what one chooses to extend to someone else, is their business, period.
Getting discounts Good.

Stating you paid a price that you didn't pay in a review Bad.

You're free to decide not to disclose what you paid.

Why is this hard?
Any of you who've met GM - such as Whispers - realize that he's purely without guile. He's only mentioned some resentment in the past few months during job changes that he can't afford to hobby as much but has lots of girls who request he post their pics. It's true that he schedules way in advance as he requires a bit of planning to manage his budget. I've seen him 10X since 2006 and he's never requested a discount.

When I left the party, GM was the only guest left so I can't say what transpired. My guess is that his discomfiture w/ the dog made him overreact. Like any pet owner, we're going to be apologetic if someone is upset about our pet's actions but defensive if the other person seems unable to drop it. I'm just trying to be logical here, so please don't try to make it anything else. My hope is that people will put this behind them as only GM & Maxeen DO know what happened & the motivations behind their words & actions. I do know GM was very sad that he upset Maxeen as he truly likes her.

As for the other issue: listing of discounted rates in reviews. I've been on the fence a bit as in my need to be more discreet about my lifestyle, it seems very indiscreet to have rates & activities listed on a review. In light of recent guideline changes in advertising, where ladies were asked to no longer post rates, it seems to be an inconsistent policy. Perhaps those pieces of info should be relegated to ROS/Premier Access as well. Just a thought.

Per irishlad:

Getting discounts Good.

Stating you paid a price that you didn't pay in a review Bad.

You're free to decide not to disclose what you paid.

Why is this hard?
Review counts are currently borked. Management is working on it.
GM has never asked me for a discount, ever. I can only speak for myself.

I wasn't there and don't know what happened, but I tend to think like Kat. Perhaps he was uncomfortable with the dog and maybe he was joking, I dunno. ?? I am not making any excuses for anyone. It was in bad taste, but to say that he is running a scam by posting pic for ladies, is I believe, unfounded.

He loves to read the board and particpate. He feels that he is helping, and some ladies love to meet him because he posts and reviews.

That said, I do understand how Maxeen feels too.

I do think it's much ado about not much. There is no scam, i am sure, even if he has been frustrating at times.

I love y'all both, Max and GM. ((hugs)) to you both. let's take a deep breath and relax. At least it's a gorgeous day today, right?

peace,
Crystal
Well if GM is really getting discounts for his services, then he is truly living up to his handle. But in all seriousness, I don't think most of us make a decision on a girl without weighing more than one review because sometimes it seems some guys will write glowing reviews of every girl, no discount needed. Unless of course you just have tons of money to throw around, not me, my blood money is starting to diminish, time for another trip to the sandbox, lol.
maxeen, i'm sorry you had to deal with an unpleasant incident in what otherwise seems to have been a party enjoyed by all, according to accounts.

to kat and crystal, thanks for adding some additional perspective. it is nice to have your positive energies added to the forums.
Let's say you are a customer of mine and I notice that you having been coming in my store on a regular basis, dropping a couple of hundred every time you come in.

So I say to myself, I'd like to cultivate this relationship, and I extend to you a 10% discount on all of your subsequent purchases. Originally Posted by eglrdr
But how do you react when a customer come to you that you have not done business with previously. He tells you that he gets discounts elsewhere and if you give him a discount he will NOT tell people he got the discount and help promote your business?

ladies can't advertise prices in ads and guys rely on information where available....

Maybe nobody cares....

If so... this thread will go the way of many others.....
Im not taking sides but genius-man has always posted photos under my agency reviews and he's never gotten a discounted session... but who knows what hes done with other providers?
But how do you react when a customer come to you that you have not done business with previously. He tells you that he gets discounts elsewhere and if you give him a discount he will NOT tell people he got the discount and help promote your business?

Great point, and as usual you are spot on as I do imagine this does happen. Just trying to bring up all of the variables

ladies can't advertise prices in ads and guys rely on information where available....

this new rule is going to make for some truly embarassing situations, have to do alot more research. As we all know change is always a pain, but we adjust. Personally I think it used to be more confusing, one rate on P411, another here, and yet another in an ad. WTF one are we using?

Maybe nobody cares....

If so... this thread will go the way of many others..... Originally Posted by Whispers
Again Whispers, just trying to look at both sides. Kinda like the old Point/Counterpoint..fuck I'm bored today.
Do you trust every review written by every mod? Do you think mods get discounts? As a grown man, I look at every review by GM and all mods with a jaundiced eye and only consider them if they're corroborated by another review of someone I know and trust. I hope GM does get discounts for what he does. For the amount of time it takes him, and the dedication he's shown in always posting the pics, I don't begrudge him his discount.