Legalization in 2018

Simply. :NO. But knock your socks off.
And I'm guessing that this time is for some reason the first time that anybody on this board has gotten edited for using that word. Seeking clarification.
Organizing, campaigning, lobbying all sound great. Decriminalization instead of legalization - beautiful. But where's the money going to come from? If you don't have some major dollar signs flashing around along with some blank checks stuffing some serious pockets, then forget it. Then factor in the Bible Belt point - not enough money in the world, and that's all that matters. Originally Posted by Gatlin99
I was thinking that for funding we would pitch to the Left and frame it as a Labor Rights issue and pitch to the Right as a deregulation issue.

I envision that an election that we influence might look something as follows. We pick a social conservative who is strongly opposed to what we are doing who might be vulnerable. We find a Libertarian candidate who runs against them in the primary who promises us support if a bill comes to the floor. We back them in the primary and wrangle a similar promise from the Democratic candidate. We do this in as many districts as we can find the backing for in order to do it credibly. So long as we influence at least one election this demonstrates that we cannot be ignored. With that on the table we start lobbying.

If that is the goal then we can try to get funding from organizations on both the Right and the Left who want to see people either primaried or beaten in a general election. It doesn't really matter WHY they fund us so much as THAT they fund us. If we are going to do this then we cannot care about R or D, we'll back anyone from either party or no party who is willing to work with us on the issue.
This is insanity. Out yourself? Trust the government to regulate and run this industry? Words cant describe my dislike of this idea! Maybe we could go all antifa for this cause. A bunch of providers and clients in masks could rally and riot in Little Rock for the good of the people!if we trash a few business buildings and police cars the media will pick up the cause and we are golden. If not we fall back on the Russian plan to overthrow the trusted hooker institution this country was built on!
Good luck, Don Quixote.

This is insanity. Out yourself? Trust the government to regulate and run this industry? Words cant describe my dislike of this idea! Maybe we could go all antifa for this cause. A bunch of providers and clients in masks could rally and riot in Little Rock for the good of the people!if we trash a few business buildings and police cars the media will pick up the cause and we are golden. If not we fall back on the Russian plan to overthrow the trusted hooker institution this country was built on! Originally Posted by kenzsquatch
Nobody is outing themselves. 99% of this can be done behind the scenes, with that 1% exposure being when a "Bill to fight against human-trafficking" is quietly passed that just so happens to decriminalize prostitution.
Good luck, Don Quixote.

Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Why thank you. We'll see just how the windmills tilt in the coming year.
And I'm guessing that this time is for some reason the first time that anybody on this board has gotten edited for using that word. Seeking clarification. Originally Posted by watchoutthegameisrigged
I remember using it in reference to another troll a while back (who knows, maybe this is a new incarnation of the same one, who is still banned), and as I recall got a "members are reminded" but to my recollection the post was not edited.

Edit: Yeah, here it is: https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=1059046209&postcount=7
We can't even buy beer on Sundays and you think we're going to get legalized sex passed?
I was thinking that for funding we would pitch to the Left and frame it as a Labor Rights issue and pitch to the Right as a deregulation issue.

I envision that an election that we influence might look something as follows. We pick a social conservative who is strongly opposed to what we are doing who might be vulnerable. We find a Libertarian candidate who runs against them in the primary who promises us support if a bill comes to the floor. We back them in the primary and wrangle a similar promise from the Democratic candidate. We do this in as many districts as we can find the backing for in order to do it credibly. So long as we influence at least one election this demonstrates that we cannot be ignored. With that on the table we start lobbying.

If that is the goal then we can try to get funding from organizations on both the Right and the Left who want to see people either primaried or beaten in a general election. It doesn't really matter WHY they fund us so much as THAT they fund us. If we are going to do this then we cannot care about R or D, we'll back anyone from either party or no party who is willing to work with us on the issue. Originally Posted by GrayThorns
I admire your continued dedication to your idea through all the trolling and taking the high road with them. I respect that. Unfortunately, you'd be laughed right out the door in the blink of an eye. Probably wouldn't even make it past the front receptionist of the building. Without walking in with someone like Mark Zuckerburg on one arm and Bill Gates on the other, there is not a soul that would take you seriously - as much as I wish there was. If this was a perfect world, maybe you'd be able to raise some intern's eyebrow somewhere, but that is just not the case.
In this case the high road leads to the highest cliff.. run like a lemming!
I know this board deals with people sharing experiences that they have had in dreams, but this dream seems to be too much for even me to believe.
We can't even buy beer on Sundays and you think we're going to get legalized sex passed? Originally Posted by Hogfan69
HELLO?! Let's work on Staff Edit and Sunday booze and REAL strip clubs first before we jump the gun on legal brothals out here

Baby steps folks
By the time Arkansas gets on any of this my non existent kids will have kids.
Everything is 10 years behind out here we barely have Uber smh..