Pet Peeve

FYI: If you have nothing more to add but a "+1", please consider the "Like" button.
"+1" posts are really only useful for non-graphical forums like email lists and Usenet.
Of course they do work as a quick way to post that ad that's in your sig if you're a provider (and perhaps skirt the rules). Originally Posted by FoulRon
We value your opinion and appreciate the lessons on what our +1's are actually good for.....I love to learn!

And thank you kind sir for pointing out that providers might perhaps skirt rules and use this advertising board as a means to advertise in whatever way they might or not. you picked up on that rather quickly! A+

As for all ya'll +1 offenders.....shame on you! He's got a freakin' tablet and ya'll are causing him to scroll....let's cut him some slack, will ya please?

Thank you OP for posting such a thought provoking thread.....I always appreciate the chance to advertise...... Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
I'm on my phone and have to scroll all the time.

+100
Obviously, some folks will get their panties in a bunch over anything.
Correct me if I'm wrong. The reason for your post is that YOUR panties were in a bunch. We all felt it was our duty to let you know that you needed to get over yourself.
Obviously, some folks will get their panties in a bunch over anything. Originally Posted by FoulRon
Nah....we always tease the newbies, hon. It's an initiation type of thing, if ya will. You should now officially feel like one o' us. Here, have some kool-aid.

koolaid.jpg
at least a rep system gives you a quick and private way to communicate your thoughts. Originally Posted by john_deere
I agree that rep systems are good for that but I feel the negatives outweigh any gain a rep system would bring to eccie.

Then again the board I modded on was devoted to mainly males obsessed with pay to play fantasy.....nope this place isn't like that at all. Maybe it would do better here, but I seriously doubt it.

If each user can only vote on other users once with the option to change their vote later and votes staying anonymous, then I can see it working the way it was intended. That would certainly cut the drama at least.