Does "Upscale gentlemen only" mean the same as NBA?

You guys might find this funny and somewhat true.

http://forum.myredbook.com/dcforum2/DCForumID15/3.html

Guide to reading between the lines of a providers ad. Originally Posted by NikkiWhite
Lol! That's a nicely decoded list.
Lol! That's a nicely decoded list. Originally Posted by Kanyon
Its like a hobby thesaurus.
Yea Ralphey has it sussed

Guide to reading between the lines of a providers ad. Originally Posted by NikkiWhite

OK, Now That Shit Was FUNNY!!!!!

I translated it into a mixture of what others have posted on here-- snooty, cocky, GPS, and you better come with lots of $$$. Or, we can basically say that they want no riff-raff.

Ha! That was some funny shit right there. Thanks for that!
  • Loxly
  • 09-10-2013, 03:12 PM
This needs some thought... I'll be back.
I think upscale simply pertains to well-mannered, professional men. They do not want ghetto acting thugs to be their clientele, white or black.
Also just to throw this in an NBA type policy is not something that just occurs in the US.
Providers around the world have that policy.
Is it fair? No. But the providers are the ones taking the majority of the risk so they make the rules.
This has probably been asked here before but I wouldn't know where to start with the search criteria to find out. But when a lady post in her ad "upscale gentlemen only" should I just assume that that means NBA or just ignore it and persue an appointment if she fits my liking. It's just that I've contacted a few ladies in the past whose ads said "upscale" and then told me they have an NBA policy. Do what's the word? Originally Posted by Lilguy
Assuming that you're black, it may be a good idea to ask the ladies first unless its stated in her ads that she doesn't see black men. There are a LOT of black hobbyists here (that's why there is always a new NBA thread every month), so a lot of white providers and their black management always pick and choose their clientele.
What you can also do is go to the appointment dressed well, nice khakis , dress shirt (all ironed of course) or go ahead and wear a suit.
Namely looking damn presentable and odds are if you're clean cut and well dressed that should get rid of a lot of trepidation on behalf of the provider about the NBA policy pertaining to you.
I don't think NBA and 'Upscale gentlemen only' are the same thing.

NBA = No blacks allowed ( kinda explains itself )

Sometimes I use the line ' Well established gentlemen ' and that means
a hobbyist who is well established in the hobby with reviews and a good reputation.

Maybe Upscale gentlemen means something like that. Either way I don't think you should associate NBA with that. Just ask upfront if they have a NBA policy...

BTW I don't have a NBA policy
Upscale only means one thing , she just got here from BP !
I love men, I dont have a NBA policy either
I don't think NBA and 'Upscale gentlemen only' are the same thing.

NBA = No blacks allowed ( kinda explains itself )

Sometimes I use the line ' Well established gentlemen ' and that means
a hobbyist who is well established in the hobby with reviews and a good reputation.

Maybe Upscale gentlemen means something like that. Either way I don't think you should associate NBA with that. Just ask upfront if they have a NBA policy...

BTW I don't have a NBA policy Originally Posted by Sexy Katrina
It is hard to ask about NBA policy upfront. Because NBA could mean so many things (preference, racist, fear) that maybe it isn't wise to pull the pin on that emotional grenade. I've been asked before if I was black. Whenever I hear that question I know she is NBA. On the other hand I've never been asked if I was an upscale gentleman. I guess we whoremongers instinctively know what a upscale gentleman is:

Someone who doesn't haggle on price. You know that guy in the checkout line at Walmart that is giving the cashier a hard time because he swears that the cheap sneakers he is buying is $5.99 and not $6.99 like the tag says? He is not an upscale gentleman.