explain the difference

And they were not, so it didn't. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Yeah. That's the obvious. Find where I stated counter to that.

Just stating a hypothetical in how things *might* be made different before the moving of the chess pieces in the current game that is being played there.
Having never really launched nuclear weapons other than on those Japanese who deserved them we need practice. If we some how found our balls and made Russia a pile of aches I suspect China would get into the "kiss USA ass line". Like most of Russia's shit doubt if their nukes work. Originally Posted by eddieg5212

The use of such was a possibility in Korea.
Why *I* think that it would be one country today if MacArthur was not recalled. Mao, willing to sacrifice his people in the hope to grind their bones to defeat Mac.
I was going to start by saying that Taiwan is only about 100 miles off the coast of China. I wanted to get the exact distance and the internet kept telling me that they were a thousand miles apart. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Should have used Mapquest

I think google is measuring distance between capitals between two. Like highway mile markers are not to city limits but distance between either courthouse or main post office (can't remember.)
They are using the capitals but why? That wasn't the question and why that answer...to please Xi?
They are using the capitals but why? That wasn't the question and why that answer...to please Xi? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Ima just guessing. As you stated, you see that it appears they are W~100 miles apart but google states over thousand.

An old salt like you should probably go for nautical miles
...Just stating a hypothetical in how things *might* be made different... Originally Posted by Precious_b
My bad totally. I took the OP topic "explain the difference" to be a reality based question, such that we were discussing the world as it actually exists today as opposed to a theoretical based question where one can just make shit up to theorize if actual reality would be different.

Which seems a bit like comparing the Saturday QB's performance on the field to the QB on Monday in a Barco-Lounger.
My bad totally. I took the OP topic "explain the difference" to be a reality based question, such that we were discussing the world as it actually exists today as opposed to a theoretical based question where one can just make shit up to theorize if actual reality would be different.

Which seems a bit like comparing the Saturday QB's performance on the field to the QB on Monday in a Barco-Lounger. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
You know how this board goes.
People throw shit everywhere and don't give a damn if it sticks to the wall or not. LOL!
You know how this board goes.
People throw shit everywhere and don't give a damn if it sticks to the wall or not. LOL! Originally Posted by Precious_b

how's that Steele dossier claim workin' out for ya?
Probably as well as the spamming LOL!
I was going to start by saying that Taiwan is only about 100 miles off the coast of China. I wanted to get the exact distance and the internet kept telling me that they were a thousand miles apart. Not sure what that means but at least three different sites agreed. Strange. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
100 miles is correct.
"Russia's invasion of Ukraine - and the reluctance of Western countries to send troops to defend it - has raised worries in Taiwan that Beijing might be emboldened to try a similar move. The catchphrase "Today Ukraine, Tomorrow Taiwan," has circulated uneasily across the island." Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
How many of our allies are feeling comfy at night remembering that we've told them in the past: Don't worry we got this? I'm thinking there may well be a pandemic of insomnia taking hold of them right about now.

You're in Good Hands with ooops!