What are your Favorite Dallas Events

• T-Can
  • 05-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Just wondering what are the best yearly Dallas events? Originally Posted by LeeMarquee
Taste Addison is always fun and is next weekend May 20-22:
http://www.addisontexas.net/events/TasteAddison/

Wildflower Festival in Richardson is fun as well and has an amazing lineup this year (but is also May 20-22)
http://www.wildflowerfestival.com/

Those are just a few to answer your question......

Not sure what the other posts are about but seems like the post office may be busy.....
I am confused for some reason but back to OP question. One of my favorite events is the Greek Food Festival of Dallas. This will be the 55th year and it is held on September 24-25, 2011.
  • E2
  • 05-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Someone needs to alert the Secret Service, 'cuz this thread was HIJACKED !!
1) St. Pat's Day Parade
2) Taste of Dallas (West End)
3) Taste of Addison
4) ECCIE BJ Contest
5) Texas Pinball Festival
6) Deep Ellum Festival
7) ECCIE No-Drama Week, where no negative posts of any kind are allowed
8) Greek Festival (food only, you perverts)
9) Restaurant Week
May Days in Fort Worth. May be too quick for you but Colonial PGA event in Fort Worth is fun as well.

World Series is also fun. Happens every 50 years in Texas hahaha.
I don't really know why this thread got off track or what access WWD is talking about. The whole conspiracy theme is....well never mind what I think.

I do have one positive suggestion though. LeeMarquee's signature violates current guidelines. The image/banner/ad they display in their signature is currently sized

412x234 pixels

ECCIE Signature Line Guidelines
4. Images and Banners may be used in your signature line. Do not use images or banners which exceed 60 pixels in height. These will be subject to removal.

5. All images used which are taller than default text will count as 3 lines. (larger than 60 pixels height will be removed)
How about the staff ask them nicely to edit the image to comply with the rules, or just remove the non-compliant image? There is no need for every post to be a blatant ad. I would take their thread as being a legit topic if it complied with the rules. There are threads, and then there are threADS.
Hmm, no comment!
&
I like the air-shows when they come to town
anything food related , but I seem to hear about too late to go
I finally made it to the Grapevine grapefest this time around.
arts fest type of events
I've made it to Shakespear in the Park once and loved it, but seem to forget about it or realize that the planned time and TX Weather seem to rain or be extra hot.
why is this thread in the co ed section? its not hobby related.
  • T-Can
  • 05-11-2011, 01:29 PM
why is this thread in the co ed section? its not hobby related. Originally Posted by TexRich
It's not in co-ed, TexRich....it was all an awful nightmare

And as for hijacking and mentioning hijacking then actually hijacking it again, Matador....WTF??

Mayfest in Fort Worth is fun as well....I usually volunteer at the beer booth each year (no shit)
Shakespeare in the Park
The State Fair of Texas
Dallas Blooms at the Dallas Arboretum
Beyond Vanilla
The Fetish Ball
The Dog Bowl at the Cotton Bowl

The dog parade at Lee Park on Easter.

There must be others that I'm just not remembering right now.

Stuff like the Irish Festival is something that I always PLAN to go to and never get there on a regular basis. The same with the wild Oak Lawn Halloween parade, but I'll go there this coming year!
May Days in Fort Worth. May be too quick for you but Colonial PGA event in Fort Worth is fun as well.

World Series is also fun. Happens every 50 years in Texas hahaha. Originally Posted by Boltfan
Haven't there been two World Series in Texas in the last six years?
Is Houston still part of Texas?