Shorted...I think....

He owed you for the hr. He took advantage of the fact that you thought he was a stand up guy. I use the stopwatch feature on my watch, set it for the time i reserved, and leave when it goes off, if we're done before that, i still pay for the time i RESERVED, not time actually spent. Originally Posted by chuckfinley
thank you sir.
If what was stated is true then yes he stole from you and he knows it,
that's why he didn't get back with you when you tried to contact him. Originally Posted by bojulay
Completly true. And thank you, thats what I thought.
Sounds like he owed for an hour. If for some reason he felt like less than an hour was involved and thus less was do, he should have discussed with you.

Communication is key.

Hannah, I hate to say it, but you are probably just too nice. For those who do not know this lovely lady, she is a real sweetheart and from my standpoint, her comment that she gets along with just about anybody is true. (She managed to show me a good time, laugh at my corny jokes, and not laugh at me when I dropped my trousers.)

That said, the damage (spelled DRAMA) you would cause by posting an alert probably isn't worth it. Not sure if you have access to any of the "provider only" forums, or if they are actually fixed and back in operation, but those backrooms are the best place to post this type of warning.

I know a lot of ladies require payment upfront, a lot of ladies will (rudely) count it out in front of a guy. Counting the money in front of a customer just makes this look like it is only about the money and destroys what little illusion any of us guys have that this is more than just a cash for jollys exchange. In any event, that appears to be the suggestion of many ladies to prevent this in the future. Obviously, good screening would prevent this in many cases, but hell, this guy was a regular. You had already screened him thoroughly by this point. I would say if he was negotiating grandfathered rates & then still taking advantage of you, he is a real douche.

I rarely pay upfront. On repeat visits, it would even be more rare for me to pay upfront. I consider my reputation something to protect, so I would never knowingly short a lady. (Favorite song of mine is by the late Jim Croce, "I Got a Name," go read the lyrics to that song.)

Hannah, not sure I gave you any great words of wisdom, but I will say that you have handled this well so far. Hold your head high. Karma is a bitch, and at the same time, perhaps enough guys will notice your professionalism to visit you and more than make up for this guy's shortcomings.
Sounds like he owed for an hour. If for some reason he felt like less than an hour was involved and thus less was do, he should have discussed with you.

Communication is key.

Hannah, I hate to say it, but you are probably just too nice. For those who do not know this lovely lady, she is a real sweetheart and from my standpoint, her comment that she gets along with just about anybody is true. (She managed to show me a good time, laugh at my corny jokes, and not laugh at me when I dropped my trousers.)

That said, the damage (spelled DRAMA) you would cause by posting an alert probably isn't worth it. Not sure if you have access to any of the "provider only" forums, or if they are actually fixed and back in operation, but those backrooms are the best place to post this type of warning.

I know a lot of ladies require payment upfront, a lot of ladies will (rudely) count it out in front of a guy. Counting the money in front of a customer just makes this look like it is only about the money and destroys what little illusion any of us guys have that this is more than just a cash for jollys exchange. In any event, that appears to be the suggestion of many ladies to prevent this in the future. Obviously, good screening would prevent this in many cases, but hell, this guy was a regular. You had already screened him thoroughly by this point. I would say if he was negotiating grandfathered rates & then still taking advantage of you, he is a real douche.

I rarely pay upfront. On repeat visits, it would even be more rare for me to pay upfront. I consider my reputation something to protect, so I would never knowingly short a lady. (Favorite song of mine is by the late Jim Croce, "I Got a Name," go read the lyrics to that song.)

Hannah, not sure I gave you any great words of wisdom, but I will say that you have handled this well so far. Hold your head high. Karma is a bitch, and at the same time, perhaps enough guys will notice your professionalism to visit you and more than make up for this guy's shortcomings. Originally Posted by tigercat
thank you tigercat. I agree that because I was not hurt or robbed posting a alert would be just too dramatic. Im gonna chalk this up as a misunderstading and let it go. I will not see him again, but at this point I think he is not seeing me...lol...so I will not get the satisfaction of declining a session. I refuse to become a jaded provider, I also will continue to put my best foot forward in every session in hopes of not ever sending a client out the door feeling "taken" as I did. By the way I notice your continued support and recommendations to other hobbiest's and I appreciate it greatly. Ive been meaning to say that.
If he's an Eccie member you are well within your rights to post his board handle here.
We haven't had a really good public flogging in a while. It virtually guarantees a responds from the other party.....just to liven things up a little. LOL
If he's an Eccie member you are well within your rights to post his board handle here.
We haven't had a really good public flogging in a while. It virtually guarantees a responds from the other party.....just to liven things up a little. LOL Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Chica Chaser,
LOL! All you boys are chasing excitement. This I know..Tho, I think posting the members handle here will ultimately cause more harm than good for me...I wasnt hurt, he didnt rob me, and he is and Im sure will always be harmless to the other girls. I hope he reads this and takes notice to the fact that I did not publicly humiliate him even after I felt completly used and taken advantage of. I guess I am too nice
Sorry that happen ....never trust anyone...count your money...collrct it up front
Sorry that happen ....never trust anyone...count your money...collrct it up front Originally Posted by pickupkid
thank you my friend
Chica Chaser,
LOL! All you boys are chasing excitement. This I know..Tho, I think posting the members handle here will ultimately cause more harm than good for me...I wasnt hurt, he didnt rob me, and he is and Im sure will always be harmless to the other girls. I hope he reads this and takes notice to the fact that I did not publicly humiliate him even after I felt completly used and taken advantage of. I guess I am too nice Originally Posted by hannahmarie
And taking the high road is a trait that makes you a notch above so many of both sexes here. This is why you get my recommendation. (Okay, your BCD skills didn't hurt.)

I agree, naming him & adding drama to this thread will not be helpful to you. I think Chica was just trying to get some drama so he could give some points out or maybe even give someone a vacation. He get's bored easy.
Almost had something like this happen to me, I paid the special price she had on BP, but I contacted her on P411. She wanted her P411 price (just 20$ more) and I paid it. Wasn't a big deal but from her tone when she asked for her extra 20$ it could have been. Now I want it all counted and taken care of up front.

Not saying anything like that happened here.

Communication is very important. Even tho we're not supposed to talk about it.
I guess im not a normal type client....Ive never worried about $20 here or there and I usually book 2hr or more appointments and lots of time we sit and BS with each other for 30 mins or longer and I dont worry about the time that much and in return I dont want a clock watcher .
If you cant afford $20 and want to try to screw the provider out of her money you dont need to be in the hobby ! plain and simple.
If you go play golf and the green fees and cart fees are clearly marked you dont haggle with the golf pro or leave less money.
Its like any hobby you play be it fishing, hunting, or anything ..you do it for enjoyment !
So why complicate things and create havoc by shorting someone $20 dollars !!

All it does is upset the provider and ruin it for everybody else behind you.
I cant get over how cheap some guys can be.
  • Paven
  • 05-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Regardless if you've seen a fellow one time or twenty times get your donation first, count it discreetly and hide it! Once the business part is out of the way and it's correct that wont be on your mind during the encounter. I've heard of regulars pulling this crap and when the lady counts the donation after he leaves then tries to call him about it, he conveniently "disappears". It's unfortunate but it happens.
And taking the high road is a trait that makes you a notch above so many of both sexes here. This is why you get my recommendation. (Okay, your BCD skills didn't hurt.)

I agree, naming him & adding drama to this thread will not be helpful to you. I think Chica was just trying to get some drama so he could give some points out or maybe even give someone a vacation. He get's bored easy. Originally Posted by tigercat
thank you tigercat chica chaser is here for a good time..cant fault him for that lol
Almost had something like this happen to me, I paid the special price she had on BP, but I contacted her on P411. She wanted her P411 price (just 20$ more) and I paid it. Wasn't a big deal but from her tone when she asked for her extra 20$ it could have been. Now I want it all counted and taken care of up front.

Not saying anything like that happened here.

Communication is very important. Even tho we're not supposed to talk about it. Originally Posted by thisguy23
kudos to your respectful men who try to do the right thing
I guess im not a normal type client....Ive never worried about $20 here or there and I usually book 2hr or more appointments and lots of time we sit and BS with each other for 30 mins or longer and I dont worry about the time that much and in return I dont want a clock watcher .
If you cant afford $20 and want to try to screw the provider out of her money you dont need to be in the hobby ! plain and simple.
If you go play golf and the green fees and cart fees are clearly marked you dont haggle with the golf pro or leave less money.
Its like any hobby you play be it fishing, hunting, or anything ..you do it for enjoyment !
So why complicate things and create havoc by shorting someone $20 dollars !!

All it does is upset the provider and ruin it for everybody else behind you.
I cant get over how cheap some guys can be. Originally Posted by wildwooly1
It was more than $20 dollars for me...tho, I know you are simply making a point...I agree with your outlook...I believe this specific hobbiest has the urge to indulge in our community but cant really afford it ....but that is only my opinion.