what do u think about a short notice threAD ??

L.A.: providers get two ads per week, not one. And can advertise in up to 5 cities. (Although that's mostly for touring ladies.)

But if you think about it: every post is an ad for a lady. Sig lines, threADs and other such all add up to exposure (read "advertising") for a lady. So long as she's not a foolish PR nightmare, it works.

hotindallas: no, ladies may not use ISO as yet another ad forum. They may respond to ISOs (another public advertisement) but can't start a thread like the one you described.

Anyone who thinks ladies need "more advertising space" hasn't really looked at how the board works. If you aren't making it because of the ad guidelines, I'd submit that something else is wrong with your business, not the amount of ads you post.
  • L.A.
  • 10-10-2013, 10:52 AM
L.A.: providers get two ads per week, not one. And can advertise in up to 5 cities. (Although that's mostly for touring ladies.)

But if you think about it: every post is an ad for a lady. Sig lines, threADs and other such all add up to exposure (read "advertising") for a lady. So long as she's not a foolish PR nightmare, it works.

hotindallas: no, ladies may not use ISO as yet another ad forum. They may respond to ISOs (another public advertisement) but can't start a thread like the one you described.

Anyone who thinks ladies need "more advertising space" hasn't really looked at how the board works. If you aren't making it because of the ad guidelines, I'd submit that something else is wrong with your business, not the amount of ads you post. Originally Posted by Duke of G

I like the idea that a Provider (Jane) posted an ad Monday morning but decides for whatever reason(s) she will run a special on Wednesday and Thursday. Not sure how that can get communicated to the masses other than the ad board on P411.

I wouldn't even mind seeing a special forum for daily ads for short notice, specials, etc that all posts would be deleted each morning and the section would start fresh each day. Hell go ahead and post 6 times a day since they will get deleted anyway. Just thinking about things that might benefit everybody. I'm sure there would be problems with that but at least the problems would be gone every morning

Again this is my opinion....so it's not wrong

Plus I put in two smiley faces.
I think that was TinMan's work, if memory serves. It was a good idea. Originally Posted by LoveNHorny
Yep, it was. I want to commend Duke for trying to make it work within the context of the rules. It turned out to take up too much of the mods' time, which is why it ultimately failed.

Fwiw, at the time the IPSNAT was active (but struggling to remain alive) I emailed Eccie ownership to ask for a change in the rules allowing for a thread of this type, or something with a similar purpose. I never received a reply, which was frankly a bigger disappointment then the failure of the thread itself.

Yes, it was burdened by the same handful of women posting as often as they could get away with it, and the rules were too often broken, but every once in awhile someone other than one of the usual suspects posted, and I can think of 2 or 3 women that got my business thanks to that thread. An easy means to get people together on short notice is something that doesn't exist, at least not in a form that most people can use it, so it's still a need IMO.
I will point out a lot of the problem posters have left eccie if that helps.
I think it can be useful to some providers and clients although I would not use it. If reinstated, I would elimate all the technical rules and keep it very very simple and not worry about most types of infractions- very very simple is best. As stated above, it did work for some very well.
Maybe a green light can be added to there showcase to let people know when they are working and when they are not, just like P411
Maybe a green light can be added to there showcase to let people know when they are working and when they are not, just like P411 Originally Posted by Bestman200600
Wrt P411, are you referring to the "Online Now" indicator? If so, I don't think that is meant to be interpreted that the lady is accepting short-notice appointments. Maybe you're speaking of another "green light". If so, I need to check it out.

I agree with whitechocolate's solution. Indeed, that was my original proposal to ownership. For whatever reason, it wasn't something they were even interested in responding to.
Maybe a green light can be added to there showcase to let people know when they are working and when they are not, just like P411 Originally Posted by Bestman200600
This is interesting! Having only the provider view available to me, this is new info.

Do hobbyists see some kind of green light next to providers' names when they're online? or is there a search feature they can use?
It says either "Online Now!" in green, or "Offline" in grey. Your response is one reason I never attributed any real meaning to it in terms of signaling a provider's availability. It simply means she has signed onto the site, same as the green light for Eccie.
And the online now light is for all members not just provided. You can also turn that off so it never shows you online
Ah! I see. It's the difference between "online now' or "available now."

Eros has a green light too which signifies "Available now".
We can log on to our accounts and turn the light on, then log off. The light stays green for two hours.

We have to click it to toggle it. Eros is different though because there isn't much reason for a provider to log on to her account there (just to edit her ad or add pictures).