Senate passes bill to establish Juneteenth as a national holiday

Actually there are parts of Texas that still haven’t gotten the memo about the Civil War. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Really? Please back that up with a link or anything!
Really? Please back that up with a link or anything! Originally Posted by winn dixie
Since you mentioned it...

https://www.eccie.net/photos.php?do=premium
Since you mentioned it...

https://www.eccie.net/photos.php?do=premium Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
? Nothing burger
what did you expect from YR? he's wearing depends.
what did you expect from YR? he's wearing depends. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Well he and Biden have something in common, lol.
if you ask me, its simply not enough
we shouldn't rest until every day celebrates black people, that every school and city street be named after a black person and that every person represented in all media is black.
yes, only then will there be true solidarity in America for 12% of the population

Oh, and dont you dare mention crime stats or IQ scores, you racist asshole
Beer sales.In the Mexican American community skyrocket during Cinco de Mayo.

Would it be racist to think that Malt Liquor sales will do the same on the Juneteenth holiday?

Yeh, it would be, so I won’t say it. Originally Posted by Jackie S
And I'm sure the beer sales on both of those days pale in comparison to the number of beer sales and DWI's that take place on St. Patrick's day
something like this will be immune to introspection, because of the emotional transference heaved on it, but Juneteenth origins dont even make sense. Its not the Emancipation Proclamation (which was truly meaningless) but the supposed day the news of the EP reached the Texas territories....
mmkay, but what of the intent of the Missouri Compromise? durrrr retardo significance

Things like this and the Civil Rights Act of 65 or Homer Plessey arent really accomplishments. Sure, they are historical footnotes but they dont offer any historical achievement for humanity. Its like making a National holiday out of the day Ted Kennedy forced Boston public school busing.
ts winn dixie is a lil concerned that this will take away from Pride Month? Cant the gay community have anything?
something like this will be immune to introspection, because of the emotional transference heaved on it, but Juneteenth origins dont even make sense. Its not the Emancipation Proclamation (which was truly meaningless) but the supposed day the news of the EP reached the Texas territories....
mmkay, but what of the intent of the Missouri Compromise? durrrr retardo significance

Things like this and the Civil Rights Act of 65 or Homer Plessey arent really accomplishments. Sure, they are historical footnotes but they dont offer any historical achievement for humanity. Its like making a National holiday out of the day Ted Kennedy forced Boston public school busing. Originally Posted by swamptech
In fairness, Columbus Day was only really a thing because they wanted to paint Italians in a better light. Most holidays are bullshit.

Hell, I'd rather celebrate Casimir Pulaski Day, that's a real American Hero.
National donut day is more deserving.

It benefits all!
Actually there are parts of Texas that still haven’t gotten the memo about the Civil War. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
+1

+1 Originally Posted by adav8s28

either of u got a googie map link to prove this?

SNICK

BAHHHHAAAAAA
  • Tiny
  • 06-16-2021, 08:56 PM
ts winn dixie is a lil concerned that this will take away from Pride Month? Cant the gay community have anything? Originally Posted by winn dixie
Here's a list of the countries with the most annual holidays:

Cambodia - 28
Sri Lanka - 25
India, Kazakhstan - 21
Colombia, Philippines - 18

What do they have in common? They're poor. Nobody's working, because they're all on holiday.

It looks like the USA is now going to one-up these shitholes. Our politicians not only have come up with a new holiday, but they've provided huge incentives to people to sit home and watch TV instead of working. That's what happens when you provide long term unemployment benefits that sometimes pay more than gainful employment. And now some joker like ts Winn Dixie comes along and expects us to give the gays and transsexuals and everyone else a whole month off. You get Pete Buttigieg elected along with a bunch of progressives in Congress and I can guarantee that's what's going to happen.

Well screw this idea. If you want to substitute Juneteenth Day for something like Thanksgiving or Christmas have at it. But no new holidays.

Btw, I have speculated here that Nancy Pelosi is a transsexual. This is possible confirmation, because ts WD wants to bang Nancy. Winn, as much as I'd like you to be my wingman when I go to Washington D.C. to woo Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, I'm not going to sit in a hotel room and watch trans on trans sex. Just be forewarned.
My beloved is not a trans. And ts winn dixie does not find pelosi doable