Reviews

These appear to be new members, I think we are best off giving them the benefit of the doubt first time around even when it can be frustrating to do each time we get a new member. I want to see the AR board and community grow and I know of several guys who are active in the hobby that do not post any reviews because they got slammed with insults the first time they tried to write one. If they would have received helpful replies maybe we would be getting some intel from them that would be beneficial to everyone. Now, if it is the exact same the second time then it is fair game in my book. Originally Posted by randomuser
I agree constructive criticism is much better than disrespectful responses, especially with first time reviewers. I have to say that many of the guys I see are lurkers on the board and don't post reviews simply because of things like this.
. . . If they would have received helpful replies maybe we would be getting some intel from them that would be beneficial to everyone. Now, if it is the exact same the second time then it is fair game in my book. Originally Posted by randomuser
Random, if my sarcasm is showing, accept my apologies. BUT in the instance that started my response to this thread was a somewhat moronic or maybe I should say "sophmoric" content in the Rest of the Story. Those, in the hobby that really know me will also confirm that I'll be most helpful to anyone who desires help.

One item that everyone seems to ignore is most who finally come into the community have been lurking for sometime and have had the opportunity to read the discussion boards and the sticky's. Yes, I know its a stretch, but I would assume lurkers can read unless they're spending all their time looking at the showcases.

Assuming they can read, how many times have I made a recommendation in a thread -- "you should obtain premium access. You don't understand how much information you're missing out on!"

Yes, anyone who wants help writing a review, I'll be happy to help. Just PM me.

It did take me a while to write this. I purposely typed slow for those who don't read fast.
. . . P.S. I hereby volunteer to be BB's teaching tool in his 'How to write a review' class. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Anything I can do to help, Ginger. Although, I will tell you that it may take us some time for research purposes for me to confirm all that is on the menu . . .
It took me months to realize there was more than showcases. I was so excited I had finally found a site with naked women and no monthly fee.. only later to find out I can sleep with most of them and that is when the fees come into play.

IMO there were valid points on both sides and none of the posts were against the rules, I just didn't state my opinion in the review because I felt I was taking it off track(what little there was).

Hopefully this thread turns out to be valuable to some of the lurkers.

Random, if my sarcasm is showing, accept my apologies. BUT in the instance that started my response to this thread was a somewhat moronic or maybe I should say "sophmoric" content in the Rest of the Story. Those, in the hobby that really know me will also confirm that I'll be most helpful to anyone who desires help.

One item that everyone seems to ignore is most who finally come into the community have been lurking for sometime and have had the opportunity to read the discussion boards and the sticky's. Yes, I know its a stretch, but I would assume lurkers can read unless they're spending all their time looking at the showcases.

Assuming they can read, how many times have I made a recommendation in a thread -- "you should obtain premium access. You don't understand how much information you're missing out on!"

Yes, anyone who wants help writing a review, I'll be happy to help. Just PM me.

It did take me a while to write this. I purposely typed slow for those who don't read fast. Originally Posted by arklookn4lovn
The one thing I notice in reviews.. is the "bashing" or insults usually come from guys that DON'T have much more experience then the guy they are bashing.. it strikes me as funny.. u will have a guy that has hobbied for a year.. thinking they are in some position to bash a guy that has hobbyied 8 months.. makes no sense..

i agree no bashing should go on.. let the review be what it is.. but seriously? there are guys that lurk for years..have hobbyied longer than some guys have been alive.. they just don't review.. the one time they do.. they are met by some guy that was jacking off in a sock the first time the new guy paid for it but think cuz they have 2 reviews and the "newbie" has none he is in some position to throw insults
Exactly. The irony is that my reviewer has hobbied for several years and never reviewed because of this very problem. I convinced him it would be worth the effort so that he could get premium access (he wanted it and didn't realize there was a way to get it for free). So you guys have proven him right. Thanks. Especially to the mod who was so rude to him. What a great welcome you gave him. I'm quite sure he'll turn right back around and never bother again.
Lily, If your reviewer wished to attain premium access without paying and by writing a review, he should have done a little research reading the sticky posting on How to Write a Review. Without having read the Rest of the Story to which you don't have access, I find your defense of him a bit obtuse. He did you no favors. If I were researching a new lady to see, the review would have been no help. It sounded more like a white knight who didn't want to talk about time behind closed doors with a new girlfriend.

Perhaps some of us have been a bit too sarcastic and should have been more welcoming, but I find it strange that any serious hobbyiest ("has hobbied for years") hasn't read reviews on this and other review sites when seeking a new appointment.

To any and all lurkers. If you're going to be active, it really is time to become active. Don't be thin skinned. Jump in and don't be afraid to ask.

Tongue in cheek comments aside, my offer to asist anyone to write a review stands.
Exactly. The irony is that my reviewer has hobbied for several years and never reviewed because of this very problem. I convinced him it would be worth the effort so that he could get premium access (he wanted it and didn't realize there was a way to get it for free). So you guys have proven him right. Thanks. Especially to the mod who was so rude to him. What a great welcome you gave him. I'm quite sure he'll turn right back around and never bother again. Originally Posted by Blond_Lily

Thanks Lily. You can use my handle instead of "the mod".

Actually I slept on my comments and sent PM aopologies to both members (before I read this post) this morning. I also apologized on their review threads. My apology doesn't make their reviews any better, so I also re-directed them to the sticky thread that has been linked countless times. One of the guys is working to submit details to gain PA credit. The other member has indicated in his thread that he is going to send additional info.

Ladies, if you encourage your clients to complete a review, encourage them to read the instructions first.

We have no problem with "Harlequin Romance" type reviews. With some ladies, the experience is truly a romantic fantasy. I have approved many Harlequin-style rest of the story recitations.

A Penthouse Forum review is fine if it fits the situation. ROS doesn't have to be a literary masterpiece, either. We don't grade on grammar or punctuation. Just don't leave a review that says, "I saw the lady and that's all you need to know..."

Huck
...Just don't leave a review that says, "I saw the lady and that's all you need to know..."

Huck Originally Posted by urhuckleberry
Yes Huck, exactly. And perhaps I chose the wrong words to describe what I was talking about (Harlequin)...but what you just said is precisely what I was trying to convey.

I had hoped this thread would offer good info to the new guys out there with questions about reviewing...not start a big bunch of drama!

Although the way some members phrased their criticism was slightly harsh, the general intent was good...most were just trying to lead the new guys in the right direction.
Ginger, at least your idea of starting a friendly thread about the issue to help people was the right response. Bashing is the best way to remind the countless number of guys who don't review exactly why they don't. I hear it so often "yeah I don't review because some of those people jump all over the guys who don't do it right", or "I wrote a review once. I got so many crazy pms from guys who actually got angry that I left this or that out that I just decided I don't wanna deal with the bs." All the ladies have heard this and we're tired of it.

So they didnt notice the sticky at the top of the page. Big deal. I know ive never read every single sticky on the board. A friendly pm with some tips is all it takes. They're usually happy to oblige and feel encouraged to do better next time.
  • MrGiz
  • 02-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Lily, If your reviewer wished to attain premium access without paying and by writing a review, he should have done a little research reading the sticky posting on How to Write a Review. Without having read the Rest of the Story to which you don't have access, I find your defense of him a bit obtuse. He did you no favors. If I were researching a new lady to see, the review would have been no help. It sounded more like a white knight who didn't want to talk about time behind closed doors with a new girlfriend.

Perhaps some of us have been a bit too sarcastic and should have been more welcoming, but I find it strange that any serious hobbyiest ("has hobbied for years") hasn't read reviews on this and other review sites when seeking a new appointment.

To any and all lurkers. If you're going to be active, it really is time to become active. Don't be thin skinned. Jump in and don't be afraid to ask.

Tongue in cheek comments aside, my offer to asist anyone to write a review stands. Originally Posted by arklookn4lovn
Thanks Ginger, for starting this thread... it prompted me to look and read the two reviews in their entirety. (it didn't take very long)

It looks like I may have helped spur some of this resulting discussion by criticizing the criticisms of both reviews.... which is the topic at hand, here.

I hate to sound overly whiny and picky.... but there are a couple of BB's points above that I just have to comment on.... and frankly, still disagree with.

>> "He did you no favors. If I were researching a new lady to see, the review would have been no help." <<

Again, I am probably being pretty picky here (but aren't we all?)
Very simply... I have to disagree:
- Perfect ending to a perfect day
- Activities: Great Conversation,LFK,DFK,BBBJ,DATY .... simply put a must see.
- Session Length: 1.5
- Fee: $$$.50
- Physical Description: Blonde hair shaved kitty lovely woman not a spinner but not BBW either nice tattoo on right breast but not distracting soft lips beautiful eyes.
- Recommendation: Yes
- Without directly quoting the reviewers comments... he went on to describe what a lovely woman, Lily is.

How can we say he did Lily no favors? Again... I guess I'm being overly picky... but if I would have read his review along with several other of her excellent reviews... it would have given me further confirmation of good times to expect with her.

Believe it or not.... some of these guys that are doing the nasty with some of our own favorite, lusty, slutty, cum dripping playmates are actually shy types!! Getting them to fill in explicit, BCD orifice stuffing, cum dripping details will be an ongoing challenge.... a challenge which they are not obliged to comply with!

I realize that I am in a rather unique situation... but I have never once, read any of the review writing advice sticky notes! None of them... ever!
In case anyone thinks I have no position, commenting about reviews... It looks like there are 58 of my reviews (out of many more than that) remaining on "that other website" which shows past ASPD history. I used to get criticized for going into too much detail!!

I agree, that I would like to see more explicitly detailed reviews myself.... but I've never felt the explicit details were an obligation! Let's try to encourage more detail... but let's also stop short of calling what we consider to be lacking , as useless!!
What's worse.... reviews like the two Ginger referenced? Or none at all?

Giz
Giz, I'll concede the fact that when the public portion is completed correctly the reviews contain solid information pertinent to necessary research.

While a blow by blow account (no pun intended) isn't necessary to make the ROS meaningful, expansion of public details is helpful for research. For example, one of the traits looked for to obtain premium access is screening info. You'll have to admit that's a big deal here. In fact, without screening with what I know about the environment, red flags go off, bells and whistles sound and I'm running the other way.

The ECCIE community is also fortunate about the amount of information that is public and not limited to Premium Access or VIP as other boards call it. Without the info, many would be limited to Backpage, disappointing experiences and the waste of lots of dollars.

I've admitted that perhaps my sacrasm has come across as busting balls and the lack of information as a disservice. Frankly, IMHO, without the ROS, a listing of menu items can be found on an independent website, an ECCIE Showcase or a p411 listing. It really gives no indication of the personality of the provider or the tone of the visit. Yes, every hobbyiest may find himself in the YMMV category, but the sum of a collection of well written reviews on a provider is what yield quality research and benefits the provider over time.

Giz, you and I have been around the block a time or two and we're both preaching to the choir when we list the attributes of a well written review. I've already promised to attempt to put the sarcasm back in the closet, but frankly, it would be nice to see some others chip in here.
oooh just admit it BB, you just wanna whack off to a good read LOL!!! jk

SMOKIN HOT new picture Ginger !!!
If possible to have permission, would please ask to put forth own unworthy opinion. Good review like that of long dead food critic who say, "the review of a restaurant should not take so long to read as it took to eat the meal, and it should leave you hungry."
"Man with skin like wonton destined always to be in hot water."
  • moe
  • 02-21-2011, 03:03 PM
I totally agree with BB and no I am not going to apologize for bashing is tough love ..u want to be a part of this community u r gonna have to learn to follow instructions and follow them well or u may find urself in a world of shit...USE COMMON SENSE .. we r all adults here ....yes pussy is a beautiful thing but comes with a price....u dont use common sense dont want to or care to do so u become a risk to us all...u are easy Pray for L E ..It was the lack of common sense by this 2 reviewers that frustrated me it wasnt the content in their reviews but their integrity...I have been in the hobby for over 10 yrs and I only have one review on here..because it took me this long to trust this site...there is no room for mental laziness in our hobby ..it only takes one mistake to find urself in a world of shit...I welcome new members but u must learn quick or stay out ..We all depend on each others input to continue enjoying our beloved hobby ..use the tool upstairs to ensure ur safety mine and every member of the eccie