opinion on Locked Threads/hacking in the Forum

• Tiny
  • 11-22-2021, 12:23 PM
The boards get corrupted by a buffer overload created by me by posting a really long string into a thread. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
You can get the corrupted threads back if they are more than one page by posting to it until you produce another page. None of the threads are actually corrupted. It's only a post within the thread that is corrupted. That's why you can still access all the pages of a thread except the last, and you can still post to the multipage threads. Just post multiple times until you create a new page. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
I don't think what McDingDong did rose to the level of "hacking." He apparently just posted really long posts. The_Waco_Kid and Oeb might have accidentally done the same with some of their re-posts of articles. Hedonist and I, who are long winded, might have done it with original content.

He doesn't deserve to be frozen permanently in my opinion unless he's been given warnings and ignored them. But that's a decision for the moderators.

He was engaging in a form of censorship, but without malice. He thought he was being funny. Like I said in another thread, I was pissed off when he shut down one of my threads, and also shut down a couple I was having fun with, but in hindsight it's not a big deal. It's not like we're shaping world opinion here.

I can understand why Oeb was frustrated, as I was. Oeb, some unsolicited advice, and not just for you -- I'm guilty of some of what I'm describing. You might want to consolidate posts into existing threads as much as possible. When FatCity and I have 6 COVID threads floating around, it's more frustrating for readers and posters. Content gets diluted. Also, when you approach the subject with courtesy, you're more likely to make people see your side, and more likely to create an interchange of ideas that once in a great while can even be thought provoking. I've even gotten eccieuser, our resident progressive, to see our side from time to time with this approach. I've called politicians scum sucking pieces of shit, and worse on occasion, and that's fair game, but it's best to avoid making statements like that directed in general to Democrats or Republicans or whatever as a group.
It's like the OP believes he is a news source and that nobody but him has access to the shit he posts.

oeb, let me let you in on a little secret, there is not a single thread you start that most people have probably not already come across in the news before you post it. They either decided to read it then or they didn't bother because they weren't interested in reading it. You posting it does not change their mind about whether or not they want to read something they already know is out there. Got it?

Have some pride and stop embarrassing yourself with all of this ridiculous bullshit.

Edit: I saw Tiny posted right before I posted this. My post is not an addendum to his post.
On second thought, I think this is all a grand conspiracy, authored and prosecuted by XiNN adn promoted by teh DPST nomenklatura to cripple teh very fluw of dednundant infromation in teh PF.

Typical of teh DPST/commie/MSN establishment in its never-ending quest to destroy life as we know it.
On second thought, I think this is all a grand conspiracy, authored and prosecuted by XiNN adn promoted by teh DPST nomenklatura to cripple teh very fluw of dednundant infromation in teh PF.

Typical of teh DPST/commie/MSN establishment in its never-ending quest to destroy life as we know it. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Well put good sir
  • WTF
  • 11-22-2021, 01:48 PM
I think Chairman Xi was targeting voting booths and accidentally got oeb in the ass with a laser....that or he got hold of a bad burrito.
Oeb’s posts are site vandalism.
  • oeb11
  • 11-22-2021, 04:00 PM
nm - thank You - please rtm my posts and communicate your opinion
As you have promised to do for my every post.

Please keep yur word.
ThankU - valued poster.
  • oeb11
  • 11-22-2021, 04:06 PM
Tiny and Lm - thank you for your comments
I will not further comment than my post on a matter I have the impression is under active investigation.

If You two choose to approve other posters shutting down and locking Forum posts - that is your opinion.

I have a different opinion - and not because I/ my posts was singled out -by a hacker

I would remind you of teh spate thread locked posts preceding the current issues under discussion.

My opinion is for the protection from site hacking and vandalism by forum participants.

Far more important - is the concept that those who are 'fine' with forum hacking/ thread locking , aid and abet a crime, and eventually jeopardize their own and others posts.

And when enabled - hackers will expand their activities -

The end result - is likely the end of the political Forum to all participants.

You two idolize a poster - it is your privilege
You two object to my posting - Please take it up with the appropriate individuals
Forum Rules can be changed
If I violate posting rules - please RTM me.
Thank you - valued posters.

BYW - if lm wants to post an opinion about what I believe - lm is welcome to ask me my opinion.
OMG!
I have the impression is under active investigation. lol
... Surely seem to me, Oeb - that the lads here - MANY of them
are trying to give you the gift of GOOD ADVICE.

The great thing about a gift is - you can either keep it
- or throw it away.

Though I'm rather not sure that you know what to do with it.
Will you prove me wrong?

#### Salty
hustler
Maybe the admin will shut the rest of eccie down to ensure that ob1 can continue to copy and post and post and copy stuff that nobody (in their right mine) reads anyway lol n omg n wtf. Give eccie a break ob1.
Or...maybe admin will shut down the political forum. Holy smokes
Yes I do say so dah
... Surely seem to me, Oeb - that the lads here - MANY of them
are trying to give you the gift of GOOD ADVICE.

The great thing about a gift is - you can either keep it
- or throw it away.

Though I'm rather not sure that you know what to do with it.
Will you prove me wrong?

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
hustler Originally Posted by lolhahaha
hustler
Please post on this thread if you would like to see oeb11 stop creating threads and posts on ECCIE, and spend his time on a different website.

A simple "yes" or "no" is sufficient. Then he can review the results. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Yes! I want oeb11 to stop.