When dating a provider or hobbyist...

• CDL1
  • 06-30-2010, 05:43 PM
AdGuy08,

I will answer your question. Met her outside of hobby. Things went from there.

Now back to our regular program
Wow. Mastermind had a verrrrrry rare relationship, I would think. I'm pretty open-minded--hell, I'll try damn near anything, and more than once--and I can understand that theoretically you can wrap your mind around your spouse's work. But the emotional side of it would have to wear thin...and quickly. But if she's as hot as BST, well.....
Good answer!
I have only one word of advice for this. The one word that will save you trouble you've never known. A word that, for some reason, we can't wrap our brains around.... (and not because it's two words in disguise.)

Don't. Originally Posted by LovingKAYLA
Wise words. Pay attention.
+1

And for God's sake, don't call other providers/hobbyists with how miserable you are in your new found relationship, only to stay in that shit because you "look cute together".

At least look cute together. That's what's important, right? Whatever you do, keep it nice and shallow. That always works. Make sure the other party has the IQ of a gnat so that you never have to talk about anything.

Geezus. It DOES NOT WORK.

I have not even touched on how backstabbing a lot of these girls are, either. Good luck to anyone who wants to pursue something like that.
Wow. Mastermind had a verrrrrry rare relationship, I would think. I'm pretty open-minded--hell, I'll try damn near anything, and more than once--and I can understand that theoretically you can wrap your mind around your spouse's work. But the emotional side of it would have to wear thin...and quickly. But if she's as hot as BST, well..... Originally Posted by Gonzo DFW
Not to worry Gonzo...

If you're that open minded, I wouldn't need the 'hobby' anymore. You'd just have to listen to the stories of the HS kids hitting on me, when I came home after work. Then you could wrap your mind around me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Here is another one:

I specifically remember a Sienfeld episode where George needs to come up with a lie to give Susan in order to go out with Marisa Tomei on a Saturday.

Then he and Elaine come up with a story about her needed to talk to him about her problems with her fictional boyfriend named Art Vandelay, that is into 'exporting' and not 'importing'. In which he wants to stop exporting to focus on importing and Elaine can't understand why he can't do both.

Now, if that's not a vague profession, I have no idea of what is. LMAO

Sorry, I was a huge Seinfeld fan, back in the day... something about dry humor... I love it!
+1

And for God's sake, don't call other providers/hobbyists with how miserable you are in your new found relationship, only to stay in that shit because you "look cute together".

At least look cute together. That's what's important, right? Whatever you do, keep it nice and shallow. That always works. Make sure the other party has the IQ of a gnat so that you never have to talk about anything.

I have not even touched on how backstabbing a lot of these girls are, either. Good luck to anyone who wants to pursue something like that. Originally Posted by Dannie
Danniedoodle, everything that you list above happens daily in the Great Real World, too - usually with the same result. Now, go to your corner and recite 7 "Day Trippers" and 5 "Drive My Cars." I'll be back in a few with the paddle.
+1

I have not even touched on how backstabbing a lot of these girls are, either. Good luck to anyone who wants to pursue something like that. Originally Posted by Dannie
Can you give it to me without the sugar coating??
i suppose it could work IF you could separate "work" love, and "love" love. i think there would have to be a very deep emotional connection, and that in itself is hard to come by. it would never work for me as i am far too territorial to share. but to each his own.
BST, That's how I get into trouble. It's good trouble, but trouble nonetheless. My goal wouldn't be to listen to you talk about kids hitting on you, my goal would be to make you forget all that. Having said that, I hit on a couple of my teachers in college, but never had the temerity to swing for the fences with my HS teachers. Besides, my Latin teacher was about 80 years old.