A provider applies for a job at your company

Simple:

Just f*cking hire her! Enjoy the extra late nights "working". Promote her whenever your able and then ......

when things go south and the lawsuits start, let her have the business and enjoy a meager retirement.
You need to realize that others in your business may be aware of her lifestyle.

I am part of a local business that enjoys at least one well known provider as a client. I recognized her from the old board and 411. When one of my employees mentioned that he knew about her business, I knew enough to simply act surprised and not say a word.
You need to realize that others in your business may be aware of her lifestyle.

I am part of a local business that enjoys at least one well known provider as a client. I recognized her from the old board and 411. When one of my employees mentioned that he knew about her business, I knew enough to simply act surprised and not say a word. Originally Posted by Sasquatch
You mean you didn't ask the employee what his handle was? That could have been really entertaining! You may have had a legend in your midst!
If she is qualified, I hire her.

If B or C, we have a talk after I hire her.
I would try my damnedest to not be part of the hiring decision. Make up an excuse and find a way out of it, if possible. You want to avoid being held responsible for the fallout if she doesn't get the job and she thinks you had something to do with the decision.
Interview her thoroughly! No, as others have said don't mix business w/pleasure.
My old firm hired a lady to be one of our receptionists. She was a dancer at a SC I went to often, and yes she and I had a lot of fun. Everything was professional at the office.

Different scenario - I was at my local biker bar one night and a scantily clad lady in fishnets, micro-mini skirt, low cut blouse, tons of makeup.....very SW look, walked in and went to the bar. I buddied up to the bar to say hi....DAMN, she was the paralegal for a major oil company who was one of my big clients!
The look on HER face was priceless - we sat down and she begged me not to tell her boss about her side job.

NO I did not hit it; but for years every time I saw her at the office she had the most devilish look on her face.

Footnote: She married her boss!
Yeah, but only if she knows how to handle it.
Clarification: I would not continue to "see" her if she got the job, but yes I would (again, assuming she was qualified) do what I could to get her hired.
Don't shit where you eat.
When a job at my office came open I recommended a provider for the opening and she was hired. All she and I needed was a story about where we had met. She has since moved on to a hiring paying job. We had just one BCD session after she had already quit. I do miss her because she was pretty, funny, nice and smart and liked to go to lunch. Now I just go grab a taco or something alone.
co-sign LuckJack .... don't job block a lady.