Hydroxy Chloroquine works!!!!

• Tiny
  • 07-07-2020, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by yitzchak
With Zinc
I am unsure that we need to waste the time, money, resources, and patient care on OHCQ.

I think better to look at anti-virals like remdesivir and related drugs, and possibly kinases looking to disrupt viral attachment mechanism to cells.

By the time studies as that could be completed - we may either have a vaccine - or reached herd immunity in the world population. Originally Posted by oeb11
How's that herd immunity thing working out for you in Texas?
Turns out to be a naturally occurring mineral in many foods which also happen to be good for you. Who knew?!?

Ok, we get it. You’re a scientist. You don’t need a script to take zinc. It’s actually good for blood flow and hard ons. Every guy should take zinc. Originally Posted by bambino
Peachy. Death rates for people with COVID in their systems at time of death are way down. Death rates for people that died as a direct result of COVID are substantially lower.

How's that herd immunity thing working out for you in Texas? Originally Posted by Jam3768
I know a woman who owns a small mortuary in san Antonio

they handle a lot of Hispanic and lower income types

she told me the other day that 80% of their business is covid related

the medical examiner finds the Wuhan virus in their system

that snippet is all I know
Peachy. Death rates for people with COVID in their systems at time of death are way down. Death rates for people that died as a direct result of COVID are substantially lower. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
That's not herd immunity.

Herd immunity means that you don't catch the disease in the first place.

Low case numbers mean you have reached herd immunity. The death rate has nothing to do with it.
This wreaks of desperation. Originally Posted by Kinkster90210
Oooops. That should have been "reeks".
  • oeb11
  • 07-08-2020, 10:49 AM
Community immunity: A situation in which a sufficient proportion of a population is immune to an infectious disease (through vaccination and/or prior illness) to make its spread from person to person unlikely. Even individuals not vaccinated (such as newborns and those with chronic illnesses) are offered some protection because the disease has little opportunity to spread within the community. Also known as herd immunity.

Above is a CDC definition - herd immunity requires a substantial portion of a population to have been previously infected with and have immunity to a disease in order to make most transmission much less likely.

Infections may still occur - but in much smaller numbers. Outbreaks in population subsets with unimmunized cohorts are possible.
...Herd immunity means that you don't catch the disease in the first place.

Low case numbers mean you have reached herd immunity. The death rate has nothing to do with it. Originally Posted by Kinkster90210
Oh, you mean "probable" case numbers now, as opposed to "actual" case numbers? Move that goalpost!

What? Because death rate wasn't panning out for ya? Poor boo-boo. Move that goalpost!

Remember when 2.2 million were gonna die? Is that why you lost interest in dieing? Move that goalpost!

Bummer that the USA is testing more citizens than the next 3 or so countries combined? Move that goalpost!

Not hanging your hat on the vast number of people that gots da bug and don't even know it not playing well in Peoria? Move that goalpost!

Disappointed in the throngs of people that got the bug that went home, rested and drank fluids and lived to tell about it? Move that goalpost!

Can't have people thinking for themselves and making their own, informed decisions about the origins of the Kung Flu from Wuhan, China that was baked in a lab? Move that goalpost!

How's that herd immunity working for you with the common cold? Tear down that goalpost.
Community immunity: A situation in which a sufficient proportion of a population is immune to an infectious disease (through vaccination and/or prior illness) to make its spread from person to person unlikely. Even individuals not vaccinated (such as newborns and those with chronic illnesses) are offered some protection because the disease has little opportunity to spread within the community. Also known as herd immunity.

Above is a CDC definition - herd immunity requires a substantial portion of a population to have been previously infected with and have immunity to a disease in order to make most transmission much less likely.

Infections may still occur - but in much smaller numbers. Outbreaks in population subsets with unimmunized cohorts are possible. Originally Posted by oeb11
Thanks for the definition Joe. Even though it was completely and totally unnecessary. I did not ask for your definition of heard immunity, I asked how it was working out for you.

At least this time you came up with something original to dodge and cloud the issue at hand. This was way better than how you usually just hit the play button and bleat out the same old recycled crap. So props for that, I guess.

I do get why you always try and cloud the issue at hand Joe. Otherwise you would have to depend on geniuses like gnadfly and Yes_I_do_not_ever_have_a_clue to carry your torch for you. I wouldn't want that either
  • oeb11
  • 07-08-2020, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the definition Joe. Even though it was completely and totally unnecessary. I did not ask for your definition of heard immunity, I asked how it was working out for you.

At least this time you came up with something original to dodge and cloud the issue at hand. This was way better than how you usually just hit the play button and bleat out the same old recycled crap. So props for that, I guess.

I do get why you always try and cloud the issue at hand Joe. Otherwise you would have to depend on geniuses like gnadfly and Yes_I_do_not_ever_have_a_clue to carry your torch for you. I wouldn't want that either Originally Posted by Jam3768

And thank You for the usual patronizing DPST response of superiority.
glad u have "heard" of immunity, and need no information other than what u have gleaned from facebook. With the One hour degree in facebook immunology u can post as an expert - and appear on Rachel madcow and MSNBC. And make a total .... of Oneself.

and perhaps try to join a med school and chair a department of Immunology.

Good Luck!
Such colossal horseshit about Texas and Florida hospitals maxing out capacity. What XiNN doesn’t mentioned it that over 85% of that capacity is non-WuFlu and operating in the 90+ range is by design, and common. Good interview on the subject with Desantis on Ali Limbali this afternoon.
And thank You for the usual patronizing DPST response of superiority.
glad u have "heard" of immunity, and need no information other than what u have gleaned from facebook. With the One hour degree in facebook immunology u can post as an expert - and appear on Rachel madcow and MSNBC. And make a total .... of Oneself.

and perhaps try to join a med school and chair a department of Immunology.

Good Luck! Originally Posted by oeb11
So how is that herd immunity thing working out for you Joe? You have dodged it now twice