Why no scheduling by phone?

I prefer booking by email, PM, text, or IM myself
Love it!!

It's easier to get reference names/websites/email addies via email than over the phone. "Here's how you spell 'classy Candy' K-l-a-s-s-i K-a-n-d-e-e.... and "Sexxxy Xanadu has 3 x's...I mean 4 x's counting the first one in Xanadu".

If the gentleman is going through P411, he has to send a PM because just saying his ID isn't any assurance that he's the person who owns it. Originally Posted by HoneyRose
I'm with you Miss Honey Rose!!!

The one time I did scheduled an appointment by phone only, I got NSNC (My one and only so far. Knock on Wood!!!). Days later she claimed that we never talked on the phone (No way of proving that we had.). She had asked me on the phone to send her a PM for screening, but she never read it...

I think that emails and/or PM's are easier and safer for both parties. Like Honey Rose said. It's easier to pass information back and forth with out fear of misunderstanding each other. I think that you could still have a phone conversation with the Lady that you are trying to schedule with to ease your possible concerns before the appointment is finalized. I would think that most of the Ladies would be OK with having a phone conversation with you after the initial contact and screening had been done through Email and/or PM.
I see many providers that prefer to schedule by PM or email only. If a girl is truly independent and she is the one actually booking her own appointments, then why wouldn't she schedule by phone Originally Posted by stevesanderson
Because when some guy says "this is stevesanderson" I don't really know it's him. It could be somebody using your handle and your reputation. So you sending me a PM/email/request through P411 is another added step for screening and security.

On subsequent visits a phone call is fine. But not on a first date. It's my life/money/freedom on the line so I'm going to take every precaution I possibly can to make sure that you are who you say you are.

Meg
In addition to all the good explanations on both sides, I would add that I think a service being sold on the internet is very likely to have that sale completed using the technologies of the internet. Frankly one of my main annoyances is an ad that requires I call. Sometimes I'm not exactly in a position to call, but I can easily text, pm or email. Email or some other form of electronic communication kind of goes with advertising on the net.
  • Tooly
  • 10-30-2010, 11:07 AM
I agree that initial contact should be through email and then a call before the meeting. A couple of providers just use phone and it is hard for me to see them. Discretion is a must! Phone calls and texts will get you caught. Hobby email is clearly a safer practice! IMO
Because when some guy says "this is stevesanderson" I don't really know it's him. It could be somebody using your handle and your reputation. Meg Originally Posted by hotlips_houlihan
oh, Meg! You're a hoot!
In addition to all the good explanations on both sides, I would add that I think a service being sold on the internet is very likely to have that sale completed using the technologies of the internet. Frankly one of my main annoyances is an ad that requires I call. Sometimes I'm not exactly in a position to call, but I can easily text, pm or email. Email or some other form of electronic communication kind of goes with advertising on the net. Originally Posted by sharktrager
Boy, do I agree with Sharktrager. Since I have an SO in my life taking a call back, or any call from a provider can be a real messy problem. Email, PM, text, or P411 is a completely private way to book an appointment. I would prefer if a provider accepted all of those mechanisms to schedule a booking. In this day and age it is easy and cheap to have all of those methods of contact directed to your phone, as well as voice. Nothing irritates me more then phone tag. IMHO electronic written communication is fast, concise, and more accurate. It is my preference. I only use voice if I need to get a hold of a provider in a hurry. The only exception is if the provider requires voice contact. A practice that makes me uncomfortable.

m
I used my phone number in ads when I first started, eeegads! It was a hassle to have to take all the calls that were insincere and/or inappropriate, or texts from those who had never been screened. If you put some effort into the email/PM/or preferred411 initial contact, than it is much easier to get the screening handled and set the date and time of the meeting. Once the meeting has been confirmed, then I give out my number and the gent is welcome to call after that.
I'm going to take every precaution I possibly can to make sure that you are who you say you are.

Meg Originally Posted by hotlips_houlihan

I see that we agree here. The only way I can be sure I'm communicating with the actual provider is by voice. I made the mistake of heading off to see a dancer one time who texted me, taking me up on my OTC offer. Right before I got there, the person fessed up that he was the BF.

On the other hand, some providers reveal much more about themselves with the written word that they ever could in a phone call:
oh, Meg! You're a hoot! Originally Posted by HoneyRose
I see that we agree here. The only way I can be sure I'm communicating with the actual provider is by voice. Originally Posted by stevesanderson
you have no idea it's really her on the phone either. it could be a roommate or a friend and you won't know until you get there. i have no problem talking on the phone, but i require the gent also PM me or send me a request through p411 so that i know the person i am on the phone with is also the person i was communicating with via another avenue.
I am picturing a scenario.

Client; Hello, is this Booberella?
Provider; Yes to whom am I speaking?
Client; This is Jack I was wondering if you have a 4:00 opening?
Provider; What is your board handle? This is not teveanderson is it!?
Client; NO IT IS NOT, Madam that is very insulting, my board handle is jack-t-ripper.
Provider; Great 4:00 will be fine.
I prefer to schedule over the phone but I dont have a problem scheduling through email, PMs here, or on 411. If my client has 411 or eccie handle then I will request that he sends a message through 411.
I prefer all communication to be via e-mail for various purposes, screening and discretion among them. I will answer phone and welcome introductory conversation IF I am in position to have the conversation. However, I will ask screening info to be e mailed to me.

Often, ladies may not be able to talk freely. Some go to schools, work, live with roommates, may be in public, any number of reasons.

E-mail is a lot easier, efficient and discrete way of communication.

It also eliminates "he said she said" and room for mistakes.

Lina
I prefer to do all screening online, after screening has been completed I will give the guy my phone number. That way when I get a call I know the person hase been verified to my satisfaction.
I prefer to do all screening online, after screening has been completed I will give the guy my phone number. That way when I get a call I know the person hase been verified to my satisfaction. Originally Posted by Ivy Chick
Exactly!