Marco Rubio's Water-Gate

Rush also had his illegal housekeeper bringing back the illegal drugs from the Dominican
Mr I'm against social h care but then I live a different life then I preach
  • Doove
  • 02-17-2013, 04:55 AM
I am also curious. Is what this politician did illegal in the Domican Rep? If it is, shouldn't the authorities THERE be investigating and not the FBI? Originally Posted by GP
I say this hesitantly because i'm not sure i'm right....but i think Americans may be subjected to American laws even when they visit other countries, regardless of what the laws are in those countries.
  • MC
  • 02-17-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure Doove. Otherwise, wouldn't a lot of people be arrested for visiting Amsterdam every year, if they did something over there that would be considered illegal here?
  • Doove
  • 02-17-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm not sure Doove. Otherwise, wouldn't a lot of people be arrested for visiting Amsterdam every year, if they did something over there that would be considered illegal here? Originally Posted by MC
Like they say, it's only illegal if you get caught.
A final note: it is possible to go to many Asian countries and participate in the sexual tourism scene without breaking any laws there and still be prosecuted when you return home because what you did would have been illegal in your home country. For example, the age of consent in Japan is 14; it is possible to legally have sex with a 14-year-old girl in Japan and then be prosecuted for child molestation, sexual assault on a minor, etc., when you return home. About 30 Western nations have laws to this effect. Those laws differ greatly from country to country and there is little information available on how often they are used.

US Citizens Travelling Abroad -- Warning

dam it, I helping doove
Rubio is having the last laugh by selling bottled water to raise $100,000 of campaign money. You can also see a hilarious SNL spoof of Rubio.