WELCOME TO THE "DARK SIDE" JAY LENO.......

I'm is pure you meant carburetion. And yes, that is an answer, an electronic fuel injection system can meter ethanol blend gasolines better than a carburetor with a fixed jetting system.

And most fuel injection systems have the correct seals, o-rings, and lines to deal with the corrosive nature of ethanol based fuels.

I have a '60's vintage "muscle car", (actually more of a custom "hot rod"), that I converted to E-85. I changed the tank to a Stainless Steel unit, all of the lines,the fuel pump, the fuel pressure regulator, and bought a Quickfuel 950 already set up for E-85.

It runs really good, better than on Unleaded Premium. But the whole conversion was pretty expensive.

We all know that Bio-Fuels are here to stay, I just learned to play the game.

By the way, one advantage to E-85 is it cost quite a bit less than gasoline. But in this recent gas war, when Unkeaded got down to 1.75 a gallon, E-85 stayed at 2.60. Originally Posted by Jackie S
The truth, check out the episode of Mythbusters on moonshine. One thing they did was to run three cars on moonshine only. A 70s muscle car, a 90s muscle car and a modern electronic fuel injection system car. They could barely get the 70s car to start. The 90s car with fuel injection started and ran poorly. The modern car not only started but ran (with a lot less power) just like it was running on gasoline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNor6TUveXM