Unsolicited Calls/Text from providers

• RFPD
  • 12-14-2012, 07:38 AM
I find it hard to text a guy first in my personal life, much less in this world. If too much time elapsed from when they called or sent me a text, I won't reply because I know they too have a real life, with real consequences. I would never do anything to get any of my friends in trouble.

Not to mention, looking desperate is never sexy, IMHO. Originally Posted by Laura Lynn
^ THIS!

Also got a text on Sunday night. Not only is desperate not sexy, it causes me to wonder if normal screening procedures have been abandon.
Had this happen to me this past Sunday at 11pm as I laid in bed with SO the text said " B n G $60 HHR $140". I am thankful that my SO did not see it and I am tempted to out her.
Gosh I miss being under you. Little Wit.
I try to keep as much separation between my real life and hobby life as possible. To that end I have a hobby phone, hobby computer, hobby e-mail, etc. For someone I have SEEN or CONTACTED I am more than happy to receive unsolicited "nudges". BUT, I have already told them in my first contact that I have a secure phone and voice mail so feel free to call or leave a message. The phone is often turned off anyway. I have encountered more reluctance by provideres to contact me than unsolicited contacts. They all say that they don't want some angry SO calling them.
I can't say that I have ever received a call "out of the blue".