Touring Ads

+1

I generally place another ad saying, "not going to make it".

If I scheduled an appt, I simply tell the gent, I can't make it. Its appreciated, verses the guy just sitting thinking im going to show up.

I consider it a NCNS if she planned a tour and actually scheduled something with you. The fact that she wasn't going to tour there, doesn't mean she didn't have an official appt. If she scheduled a day, time and length---then it's an appt. If she fails to notify you that she canceled her tour, it's a NCNS. She's not obligated to tell others she's not coming to town if she hasn't scheduled anything else with anyone yet. Her main obligation is to the ones she scheduled with...her secondary obligation would be to those who hadn't scheduled yet, but had been in contact about "tentatively scheduling" (<-----for those it would be courteous if she contacted about her cancellation but not necessarily an obligation.) Originally Posted by tia travels
You have your outstanding ladies like Megan who do the right thing, and then you have those who post in several cities to see where they get the most interest. They take the $$$$ option and nothing is posted in the other cities. In more than ten years I have never failed to see Megan post a cancellation.....at least on another board. That's CLASS !

I noticed recently that a lady from NC posted a tour to Knoxville ( on TBD ) Then a few days later posted availability near her hometown for the same dates. No cancellation posted on the Tenn board, she didn't answer e-mails inquiring, and she lost the use of her phone. This was very unprofessional IMHO, and I have crossed her off for future plans.
Thank you! I've canceled LOTS of tours. But I don't always post under my advertising post. That's because we have so many boards out there.

I always email the guys I have dates with to let them know.

• Sami
  • 09-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Good thread, but same motto as always "Treat people the way, you would like to be treated"
Can I interject?

If you are visiting TN - please buy a globe. Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga are hundreds of miles apart from each other. The next so & so who asks me for a 60 min outcall to Knox is gonna get hurt! Better yet! let me drive 7 hours, get the room on my dime, collect my lil $$ and drive 7 hours home so you can save $50.

Are providers just grouped by state and not city county zip area code?
Can I interject?

If you are visiting TN - please buy a globe. Originally Posted by babee
Or even just a decent road atlas or highway map.

Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga are hundreds of miles apart from each other. The next so & so who asks me for a 60 min outcall to Knox is gonna get hurt! Better yet! let me drive 7 hours, get the room on my dime, collect my lil $$ and drive 7 hours home so you can save $50. Originally Posted by babee
+1 (or more). I've already vented on this (from the hobbyist perspective) as being one of my pet peeves around here.

But... are there guys really stupid enough to ask a Memphis provider to do a one hour outcall to Knoxvegas?

Are providers just grouped by state and not city county zip area code? Originally Posted by babee
On the "Browse Showcases" page:

http://www.eccie.net/providers.php

you can see in the "Metro Location" dropdown that some of the showcases are "organized" along the same line as the more active forums here (California, Louisiana, Texas, etc.), which are split up into specific metropolitan areas or regions. For the less active forums (like TN), not so much.

Cheers,

bcg
I tour often and if something comes up where I am not going to make it, I simply email the gentlemen that have prebooked something with me. I try to take down my ads in the different cities in the places that I am allowed to do so. Either way, if anyone prebooked, they will always be notified that I am not going to make it.

xoxo Kourt