The Clear and Present Danger of Self Driving Cars

• DSK
  • 01-12-2017, 09:36 PM
On the subject ... if you're offshore and in range you can "bounce" off a cruise ship's wifi ... for sending and receiving email ... speaking of "getting charged" ... Originally Posted by LexusLover
Yes, but when I'm on a cruise ship, I just pay the weekly rate, I think it was 90 bucks on the last cruise. So, when I was onshore in Jamaica, I actually left it on the ship's WiFi while I was fending off offers from some ugly as hell hookers there....oddly enough, my wife was amused by the idea I would even consider a hooker.
I've been told that before, but frankly, it is easy enough to imagine any number of disgusting things Asswipe would do. Originally Posted by DSK
Try not to think about that bastard. You'll have less digestive problems and you'll sleep better.

Jim
^^^^^ Are you familiar with "fake cell towers"?

They are all over this country. When you get within range and your phone is on it automatically modifies your phone to a 3g status .... and restricts your gps access. .... There are a lot of them along the Canadian border, around military bases, and strategic airfields ... etc..... and the communications from your phone then pass through the tower to the "main frame"!

The same technology can be used on the cars .. in fact .. they can be "programmed" at the factory .... for "safety" ... Originally Posted by LexusLover
was that done to prevent roaming charges from going to the Canadian side?

sounds like a flaw in the software if it had to downgrade to a lesser com status causing the phone not to work properly if near the border.
was that done to prevent roaming charges from going to the Canadian side? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
No! It IS done to monitor communications in "sensitive" areas:
secure installations
borders
major airports with international travel
major cross-country interstates in certain areas

They are government owned and operated towers.

My point with respect to the thread is: technology exists to disrupt communications domestically to protect certain areas from certain types of communications (military uses as well) ...

the technology explosion in this country (and others) has opened all of our lives up for remote scrutiny ... just like on this board. That is one major reason I don't use wifi for work or home.... or when I travel ... at hotels, restaurants, etc ... except in an emergency .... no data or sensitive access..... and I constantly monitor financial/private information to assure it has not been accessed.

If you don't want government sticking its nose in your business then take care of your business yourself...."the government" is incompetent .... or why wouldn't it already be fixed?
  • DSK
  • 01-13-2017, 04:22 PM
No! It IS done to monitor communications in "sensitive" areas:
secure installations
borders
major airports with international travel
major cross-country interstates in certain areas

They are government owned and operated towers.

My point with respect to the thread is: technology exists to disrupt communications domestically to protect certain areas from certain types of communications (military uses as well) ...

the technology explosion in this country (and others) has opened all of our lives up for remote scrutiny ... just like on this board. That is one major reason I don't use wifi for work or home.... or when I travel ... at hotels, restaurants, etc ... except in an emergency .... no data or sensitive access..... and I constantly monitor financial/private information to assure it has not been accessed.

If you don't want government sticking its nose in your business then take care of your business yourself...."the government" is incompetent .... or why wouldn't it already be fixed? Originally Posted by LexusLover
I appreciate your point of view on this matter. I'm going to reconsider my data security. In the meantime, I hope the government has a plan to stop the Arab terrorists/radical Islamists via some variation of your information to cut off those self driving cars before they blow up honest people.

If they blow up Asswipe, then they will be doing us a favor.