Verizon outage in our area?

brooke,

never do a factory reset on your phone without having your data backed up. verizon has the free backup plan for those who login verizon website and stuff. when in doubt, call me....or go to VZW store and ahve them sync your phone first.

aircard not working....have you tried going to another location ...ie.. downtown, med ctr, sugarland and trying air card? I use one and it works fine.

The worst part is the trouble shooting guy had me re-set my phone to factory settings.

Of course I didn’t want to cuz it was going to wipe out everything in the phone.

He assures me everything will come back and we have to do this to re-set the phone.

So I do it and guess what? Yep …. Everything is gone. I don’t even have my mom & dads number now. Great. Originally Posted by Brooke Wild
brooke,

never do a factory reset on your phone without having your data backed up. verizon has the free backup plan for those who login verizon website and stuff. when in doubt, call me....or go to VZW store and ahve them sync your phone first.

aircard not working....have you tried going to another location ...ie.. downtown, med ctr, sugarland and trying air card? I use one and it works fine.

The worst part is the trouble shooting guy had me re-set my phone to factory settings.

Of course I didn’t want to cuz it was going to wipe out everything in the phone.

He assures me everything will come back and we have to do this to re-set the phone.

So I do it and guess what? Yep …. Everything is gone. I don’t even have my mom & dads number now. Great. Originally Posted by Brooke Wild

My service is working again but I am switching from Verizon to another carrier.

I am beyond mad at the tech who told me to do that.

But the worst part is that it did not even need to be done. If the jackass would have checked, he would have known the problem was within their network and not my phone.

I wonder if he would have as casually reset his phone like he did to mine. I highly doubt it.

I did spend Friday afternoon on the phone with Verizon bitching up a storm and I finally got to a manager who agreed to not charge me an early termination fee when I disconnect my 3 phones and internet card.

But I'm still not happy. He totally screwed me. I hope somebody bashes him in the head and re-sets him to fucking factory standards.
Don't ever piss off Brooke...I'm just sayin
  • cg00
  • 06-05-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm confused. For those on T-Mobile, At&t and others that use a simcard, doesn't the contact information save on the sim cards? Or does reconfiguring to the factory wipe out the simcard too?
The sim card on my Droid only saves pictures.
Okay with mytouch there's a seperate card for that. My older contacts I had before I changes fones stayed, but all more recent info went bye bye.