Anyone need a place to live

Actually what I said was that I was finding suits here cheaply and was very pleased.

If you are going to put words in my mouth at least get it half right, or thirty percent right, just not completely the opposite of what I said LOL.

Austin has one of the lowest rates of home ownership of any city in the US. Working people here are paid less and have higher expenses than anyplace I've ever been. This wouldn't bother me at all EXCEPT for the claims made by local politicians that they are political progressives who care about the struggles of the common man....they don't.

My point is duplicity.
according to this link, Austin is in the top 10 most affordable places in the US

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/am...le-cities.html
REB, as the cable guy says, "ya can't cure stupid"!
Best of luck. I have a 2 bedroom 1 bath home in Del Valle that I rent for less then option 1. Granted its Del Valle.
Yeah, those numbers seem pretty high, especially for SW Austin. Though the comparison to an apartment or condo rented out to a single renter is unfair, since you are discounting all the shared space, yard, garage, drive way, etc.. I've got a house rented out with two 11'x11' rooms at $600/room and the master of 13'x12' at $750, all bills included.