Guns don't kill people... Two year olds in the Wal-Mart do! Another senseless death.

Originally Posted by timpage

I'm wondering if this was a 1911 configuration in condition one (one up the tube with the slide safety engaged) and the kid got the slide-safety off somehow? A 2 year old could manipulate a single action pistol trigger...or, as LL points out, a cocked revolver
Agreed.
Most likely one in the chamber, hammer fully cocked. (with safety engaged or not who knows ?
If that is correct it was a terrible accident and a foolish way to carry, espescially with children near.

I carry and do not chamber a round in my 1911s or DAOs or until ready to fire.I feel that is much safer.It only takes a fraction of a second to pull back and release the slide, yet doing so amounts to greater safety. Not for everyone I guess but works for me.
JDIdiot, you need to get off your knees and start acting like a man.

You think I think this is a JOKE?

Fuck you.

Does Wal-Mart have the right to ban firearms from its stores?
nspeakable tragedy.

I'm wondering if this was a 1911 configuration in condition one (one up the tube with the slide safety engaged) and the kid got the slide-safety off somehow? A 2 year old could manipulate a single action pistol trigger...or, as LL points out, a cocked revolver. Originally Posted by timpage
#1: LL didn't point out "a cocked revolver"!

I'm currently searching the internet for a 9mm revolver. Know any? Yep.

#2: There are hammerless pistols that are 9mm.

#3: According to the article this woman was familiar with firearms..

Hopefully before this all gets forgotten, someone will disclose the precise identity of the 9mm PISTOL used. I'll go out on a limb. Glock.
meanwhile, a two year old pulls the gun out of a supposedly safe purse and manage to get a round off while his mama's busy hunting bargains at the Wal-Mart.

You boys should focus on the bigger picture.

Like keeping guns out of the hands of babies.
meanwhile, a two year old pulls the gun out of a supposedly safe purse and manage to get a round off while his mama's busy hunting bargains at the Wal-Mart.

You boys need to focus on the bigger picture. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yea! If your weapon is in your purse, ...

.... don't leave your purse in the basket with your kid......

.... or without your kid ... so it can get stolen ..

.....and some dirt bag can pull it on a cop and be killed by the cop.

You don't carry yours in your purse, do you, YouRong?
But this thread reminds me of George Carlin's ... marble eating theory for kids .....

.. his concept: allow them to eat marbles to avoid creating any more marble eaters.
The tragedy is that guns are so prevalent and available in our society due to overly paranoid idiots like you that 30,000 people a year die from gunshot wounds in the United States. Originally Posted by timpage

30,000 people annually ????
The tragedy is that guns are so prevalent and available in our society due to overly paranoid idiots like you that 30,000 people a year die from gunshot wounds in the United States. Originally Posted by timpage
May be before you were born there was study done by a journalist who was allowed to infiltrate the police departments of Washington DC and St. Louis, Missouri, to work at night to observe gunshot cases that were investigated by the police. He found out that although St. Louis had actually more shootings than Washington DC, the response time of the EMS in DC was substantially slower than those in St. Louis, so DC had more "deaths by shooting."

In addition, I suppose one would have to examine the stats you quote (which have not been verified on here) to determine how many of those deaths were "accidental" shootings as opposed to how many of them were by persons who were committing some other crime at the time of the shooting and/or simply desire to kill the other person in the absence of any "self-defense" motivation. From the latter group determine how many had possession of the firearm "legally" ... (meaning obtained the weapon legally and had a right to possess the weapon "legally").

Mexico (and many other countries) have STRICT gun control legislation/rules.

There are a lot of guns in Mexico that are not in the possession of police and military personnel.... and not for hunting ... and not just the ones our government has sold to the organized citizens there. In many parts of Mexico the police AND the military have been "out gunned" for years. Probably longer than you have been alive.

It wasn't too long ago that a firearms instructor was killed by a child whose parents wanted the child to fire a fully auto firearm on the instructor's range. That is not an argument against fully auto firearms ... that is an argument against dumbass parents who by their behavior raise dumbass children, if one or the other aren't prematurely killed by their "dumbassness." Fortunately, the child at the range will probably never forget, and the child at Walmart will probably never remember. There is a God.
Most likely one in the chamber, hammer fully cocked. (with safety engaged or not who knows ? Originally Posted by rioseco
Eventually, someone will report the weapon model/number, then the speculation can begin.

But not all handguns have hammers and not all have a "safety" ...

30,000 people annually ???? Originally Posted by rioseco
Yep!!! Little Timmy-tard is so screwed-up and twisted to the left that he imagines people who commit suicide with guns won't commit suicide if there was a government regulation prohibiting suicide.
#1: LL didn't point out "a cocked revolver"!

I'm currently searching the internet for a 9mm revolver. Know any? Yep.

#2: There are hammerless pistols that are 9mm.

#3: According to the article this woman was familiar with firearms..

Hopefully before this all gets forgotten, someone will disclose the precise identity of the 9mm PISTOL used. I'll go out on a limb. Glock. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Ah, I missed the 9mm semi-auto part. Agree, almost certainly Glock,
May be before you were born there was study done by a journalist who was allowed to infiltrate the police departments of Washington DC and St. Louis, Missouri, to work at night to observe gunshot cases that were investigated by the police. He found out that although St. Louis had actually more shootings than Washington DC, the response time of the EMS in DC was substantially slower than those in St. Louis, so DC had more "deaths by shooting."

In addition, I suppose one would have to examine the stats you quote (which have not been verified on here) to determine how many of those deaths were "accidental" shootings as opposed to how many of them were by persons who were committing some other crime at the time of the shooting and/or simply desire to kill the other person in the absence of any "self-defense" motivation. From the latter group determine how many had possession of the firearm "legally" ... (meaning obtained the weapon legally and had a right to possess the weapon "legally").

Mexico (and many other countries) have STRICT gun control legislation/rules.

There are a lot of guns in Mexico that are not in the possession of police and military personnel.... and not for hunting ... and not just the ones our government has sold to the organized citizens there. In many parts of Mexico the police AND the military have been "out gunned" for years. Probably longer than you have been alive.

It wasn't too long ago that a firearms instructor was killed by a child whose parents wanted the child to fire a fully auto firearm on the instructor's range. That is not an argument against fully auto firearms ... that is an argument against dumbass parents who by their behavior raise dumbass children, if one or the other aren't prematurely killed by their "dumbassness." Fortunately, the child at the range will probably never forget, and the child at Walmart will probably never remember. There is a God. Originally Posted by LexusLover
You can quack as loud and long as you want.....easily available firearms = more firearms deaths. We've all been down this road many times....check how many people died in Great Britain or Japan as a result of firearms....we probably have more in one day than both of those countries combined have in one year. You may be OK with that and believe it's just 2nd Amendment collateral damage but....I'm not.

You ignore two year olds shooting their mothers, you ignore 20 dead six year olds torn apart by 5.56mm fire, etc etc etc. I get it...none of it matters to you. But, some of us think that maybe something ought to be done.
So....Timmie, what you're saying is that if all guns were banned like in England there would be no, nadda, zero, zilch firearm deaths right? How about this statistic (and fact) some countries like Norway, Switzerland, and Israel REQUIRE assault rifle ownership. That's right, they have more firepower per household than the US but they have statistically fewer gun deaths....hmmm. That kind of flies in the face of your prediction doesn't it. Maybe something else is to blame other than the availability of firearms.....maybe training....or attitude.

Oh, your pretty disgusting (and have joined the ranks of demagoguery) with your last paragraph, "you ignore dead six year olds torn apart by 5.56 mm fire". Totally unnecessary, probably inaccurate, and grammarically incorrect. Like any liberal, the ends justify the means don't they Timmie.
Ah, I missed the 9mm semi-auto part. Agree, almost certainly Glock, Originally Posted by timpage

Or Springfield, Taurus, Ruger.......
So....Timmie, what you're saying is that if all guns were banned like in England there would be no, nadda, zero, zilch firearm deaths right? How about this statistic (and fact) some countries like Norway, Switzerland, and Israel REQUIRE assault rifle ownership. That's right, they have more firepower per household than the US but they have statistically fewer gun deaths....hmmm. That kind of flies in the face of your prediction doesn't it. Maybe something else is to blame other than the availability of firearms.....maybe training....or attitude.

Oh, your pretty disgusting (and have joined the ranks of demagoguery) with your last paragraph, "you ignore dead six year olds torn apart by 5.56 mm fire". Totally unnecessary, probably inaccurate, and grammarically incorrect. Like any liberal, the ends justify the means don't they Timmie. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Grammarically (sic) incorrect?

No need to go there. You write like a high school dropout and then criticize others for their communications skills. We all know that.

But your post pegs the batshit crazy meter... And is patently false.

When are you moving to Norway? No assault rifle ownership requirement, there. How the fuck did you come up with that?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Norway

No brothas in Norway either. Coincidence, JDIdiot?