Running your own small business? Do these help?

Newtotown, don't take this the wrong way, 'cause I mean no flame....but I think this quote hits it out of the ballpark Originally Posted by vkmaster
NO flames from either. It is an inquiry only. style made valid points and these are the responses so far. I intentionally let the ladies respond by clicking so that did not have to MARK themselves in any way.

MALE -Yes many providers could use these 8 88.89%
MALE -No most providers do these already 0 0%
MALE -they do not fit the " small business" here 1 11.11%
MALE -no opinion 0 0%

FEMALE -Yes there are ideas I could use 0 0%
FEMALE -No I already do of or most of this 0 0%
FEMALE -they do not fit the " small business" here 0 0%
FEMALE -no opinion 00%
Voters: 9.

Since the ladies choose not to vote we will not know. But we do have a strong client opinion it would appear.
Newtotown,

Perhaps because they find the topic not worth their time or they are not inclined to give away anything of value for free.

After all, I don't think its the women wanting advice here. It's the men offering help where none was requested. Originally Posted by style1913
Ahahahahaha

I love you.
Honestly, the intended audience for this condescending tripe is not literate enough to get through the whole post and the rest of us will start taking business advice from a trick about the 12th of never.
Honestly, the intended audience for this condescending tripe is not literate enough to get through the whole post and the rest of us will start taking business advice from a trick about the 12th of never. Originally Posted by Lovely_Lilianna
LL the article is from a small business website, not me, not my area of experertise. So it is not coming specifically from a "trick".
I would agree some providers might not be able to adapt some things. It would have to be adapted to the specific of any particular business.

I did not mean to offended you or others. Hope you understand that?
I would like to say that I very much disagree with the idea that new or traveling ladies are "after my money." While there can definitely be friction, there is no need to feed this notion that we are all jealous cutthroats (especially in a thread about good small business practices). Originally Posted by Lovely_Lilianna
Agreed - different strokes for different folks.

I'm not about to travel to a different city with the sole thought/intent/purpose of hijacking business from other ladies. I'm in the city probably because I want to be in the city, make new hobby friends, widen my business market or I was requested.

Some ladies may indeed be this way, but not everyone.
Thank you for your input LW.

Being a market participant, it is in my economic self-interest, (as it should be for all hobbyists), to find, develop, encourage and share information about new, fresh entrants into this marketplace for labor.

The economic reality of our country's slow motion crash will affect both sides of the business. With a declining economy, newly out of work civilian girls (the fresh entrants) will be attracted to the profession. At the same time, newly out of work hobbyists with have less (or no) hobby $ to spend, putting additional downward pressure on rates.

Perhaps there will be a trend towards the lollipop/quickie service as a means getting continued satisfaction but at a reduced rate. One could envision the $500/$400 girls dropping in to the $350/$400 range to stay busy. It would work too, but at the expense of the girls previously in that range who must either up their game or drop their rate.

But I think I disagree about this being a labor market. It still seems to me to be a service industry.

as long as a buyer can go in the Home Depot parking lot and hire a new (illegal) landscaper, give her two minutes of instruction on which end of the shovel to dig with, and pay the prevailing "minimum" wage, the small business model does not really apply.
It does not apply to the Home Depot girls, but there are independent girls who are operating as a business. They are doing more than laboring. They are scheduling, following up, marketing, doing the accounting and payroll, etc. Some are doing well enough to have a secretary or assistant and even take credit cards.
Style, thank you for your input. You've been a member for eight months with four posts up to this point, two of which were reviews. I am pleased that you chose to enter into this discussion and add 50% more posts to your credit. And I mean that.

your advice fails because your assuming that providers are commodities and that "x" (no matter who does it) is worth "y."
I agree, it was an overly simplified representation of the market, but I disagree with your interpretation of my words. A commodity is something like corn, green beans, broccoli. In effect, corn is corn.

Providers are not corn. Yes, they can be creamed or buttered, but that's about the limit to the comparison.

Corn can not adjust its level of service. A provider can. She can be full service, GFE, PSE, quickie, or even self service (I've seen this in reviews).

Anything given for free isn't worth the time it takes to read it or hear it.
Really? I do agree, advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise. And I'm not claiming to be wise.

But as I will be in Des Moines next week for a couple of days, it did occur to me to ask you for any recommendations. However, since I would have to pay you for it to be worthwhile I will inquire elsewhere.
the intended audience for this condescending tripe is not literate enough to get through the whole post
Lili, do you mean to say that your sister providers are not smart enough to read through this thread? That is condescending. And someone even +1'd it.

and the rest of us will start taking business advice from a trick about the 12th of never.
Your descent into street vernacular has cost you at least one potential customer. I wonder how your "customers" like knowing how you really feel about them.
Wow verbosity meets pomposity.
There are very few business women here.
Majority are just chicks (and pimps) on a hustle. These tips will fall on deaf ears.
Wow verbosity meets pomposity. Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
Love your sense of humor young lady.
There are very few business women here.
Majority are just chicks (and pimps) on a hustle. These tips will fall on deaf ears. Originally Posted by RandomBlkChick
Serious RBC?
Very serious.
Newtotown,

Perhaps because they find the topic not worth their time or they are not inclined to give away anything of value for free.

After all, I don't think its the women wanting advice here. It's the men offering help where none was requested. Originally Posted by style1913
As usual what we have here is another frivolous poll and ensuing dialogue by someone who is in very dire need of a "life"....

EDIT - Removed previous handle
Lili, do you mean to say that your sister providers are not smart enough to read through this thread? That is condescending. And someone even +1'd it.

Your descent into street vernacular has cost you at least one potential customer. I wonder how your "customers" like knowing how you really feel about them. Originally Posted by CaptainOveur

Oh dear, does someone not enjoy being reminded that this is a business interaction?

And you are probably the millionth person to tell me that I have caused such great offense that I will now longer be on your "list." But your attitude, lack of reading comprehension, and that enormous broomstick up your ass all lead me to believe that we would not have suitable chemistry.

Thank you for weeding yourself!

Your descent into street vernacular has cost you at least one potential customer. I wonder how your "customers" like knowing how you really feel about them. Originally Posted by CaptainOveur
Just for the record, I'm the one that "liked" it... Because I completely agree. The general public is quite stupid. We smart folk find it exhausting to deal with you normal people.