You Are Welcome Austin

Here's the thing.

Certainly I do not admire any of the many (or few!) trolls.

However, none of us should take any joy or comfort when folks get banned.

Banning is an indication that the site, the moderators, the peer members (and maybe even the lurkers who can "like" a post sans membership) have failed in the "mission," if you will allow me to say so, of making the hobby a safer, saner place.

No way, of course, to estimate or guesstimate how new members will turn out, nor of how longer-time members may turn to the darker side.

Yes, the trolls occasionally win at interrupting the "FUN!" and yes, thanks to those who grant the community at large some Troll Relief, short as that might be.

But, still, somewhat saddening and sobering when the epic fail(s) emerge.

I do know for a fact that few miscreants are ever fully rehabilitated, but always nice to know that some do return with better manners.

ijs
Thanks wakeup!!! Celebrations are in order
I think we all somehow carry SL in our hearts and minds....some will say they don't but are in denial...lol...SL was just bluntly honest and speaking the truth in his posts and also very funny.

"And that's all I have to say about that" -Forest Gump
Clearly this is how Uncle SL wanted to go and take his vacation on the potato farm.

He called it, he wrote his presently last 400th review, and then stated his opinion about a couple of folks.

I mean, that's just his board persona, and I am sure he won't have changed it when he comes back from his potato picking farm (and catches up to MMM review count in a couple days).
Banning is an indication that the site, the moderators, the peer members (and maybe even the lurkers who can "like" a post sans membership) have failed in the "mission," if you will allow me to say so, of making the hobby a safer, saner place. Originally Posted by ck1942
Banning someone isn't a reflection on anyone except the one who got banned...blaming the board for someone getting banned is the height of lunacy...

P.S.-Speaking of failing boards...do you seriously think this new thing is going to be any different than your epic failure with Home2, and ASPD before it?
He will be missed. He did great work for the cause. I will pray for him.
Heh...more fail...
Yep, I'm taking credit for that... His last post was suicide by mod, but the previous points were mine...he's welcome for those...

no... he had some issues with a Vegas MOD that stacked up most of his points...

He went out on his own terms??

yeah.... he was getting close to leaving on a real life vacation, was already sitting close to 24 points with a couple of different folks gunning for him..... he decided to have his say and overlap that vacation with this one.... so he picked the place and had his say....

Pfft, please...his own terms were to stay here and do what he wanted...he's no longer here to do so...his terms have experienced a radical readjustment.

Nope... Think that if you want though.

You Austinites just witnessed multiple valuable lessons being taught...school's out...

Not in Austin.... Too many dumb fucks here to give them a break from learning....

P.S.-SL the Martyr??? Whispers, please...you were always the smartest of the Austin Three Dunces, but that was just an embarrassingly moronic thing to say... Originally Posted by Wakeup

I never suggested he was a martyr. he wanted to prove to himself as well as others, to you, that you had no more power over his actions in public forums than any other member here outside of staff.... as you pointed out.... You use the RTM button....
That's not a why...so why are some guideline violations okay, and others not? Originally Posted by Wakeup
Why ask questions you already know the answer to?

They are guidelines.... interpreted and enforced to differing standards in different areas. They are not rules set in stone....
Banning is an indication that the site, the moderators, the peer members (and maybe even the lurkers who can "like" a post sans membership) have failed in the "mission," if you will allow me to say so, of making the hobby a safer, saner place. Originally Posted by ck1942
I tend to agree... There seems to be little and often no attempt to "moderate" anything. Almost Zero staff involvement in threads interacting and explaining what is and is not allowed..... no public warnings or admonishments that others can learn by.

Moderation is more in line with Judge Dredd's world.... simply dishing out punishment for infractions.
And yet, here I am...and he's gone...

You, and he, can choose to try and frame the reality of it any way you want to make you feel better about it.

You're welcome...case closed...
Starting to think someone is jealous of SL.

Is it his money?
My 90 day ban on points lasted just shy of 27 minutes...I've always wanted to know exactly what the full time felt like...
My 90 day ban on points lasted just shy of 27 minutes...I've always wanted to know exactly what the full time felt like... Originally Posted by Wakeup
If you feel the need to be here you just use one of your other handles and life goes on....

or you take a real vacation and enjoy other aspects of life
Oh no, I'd never do that. I can't very well enforce the rules if I'm not willing to play by them...can't very well throw the dice if you're not willing to roll craps every once in a while...

I'd have more respect for his "no one has power over me" and "I go out on my own terms" positions you claim he has if he actually sat it out, but we already know that's not possible any more...

Just shows what he really is...and that perfectly okay...