Bartering

I was just researching airline tickets to Washington, DC so my teens could have a special vacation this summer for once in their lives. I haven't flown since 1996 & had heard prices were lower, but it's still much more than I expected. I don't know how frequent flyer miles work, but if they're transferable *which I seem to have heard is doable* I would definitely barter for some tickets. I can keep up w/ my regular expenses, but extras to the tune of around $2k for the three of us??? OUCH!

XOXOXO
Kat Originally Posted by Kit-4-Kat
Another lady here mentioned her willingness to possibly barter for some frequent flyer miles a few weeks ago.
I design web sites for a living, and I've had providers approach me with barter offers. I've been burned twice (amazing how some providers become mysteriously unavailable when they owe you a couple of sessions) and had others work out great.

My suggestion:

Make the barter short-term. The best are those that can be resolved in one session - that way no one owes anyone anything, and you walk away with both of you getting what you want.
Some of you know that I am a massage therapist, and for many years I have done mostly sensual massage for ladies. Yes, there are a couple of ladies here who can attest to my work!
I have bartered my massages to ladies for haircuts, tax prep, clothing alterations, housecleaning, a lot of things. It's a great system when two people are honest and have what each other wants.
I design web sites for a living, and I've had providers approach me with barter offers. I've been burned twice (amazing how some providers become mysteriously unavailable when they owe you a couple of sessions) and had others work out great.

My suggestion:

Make the barter short-term. The best are those that can be resolved in one session - that way no one owes anyone anything, and you walk away with both of you getting what you want. Originally Posted by blowpop
I thought about bartering that stuff along with photography, but in the end decided agaisnt it. I read about some of the problems with bartering and figured it's just not worth the hassle. Seems there is always one side that feels screwed, well, I mean besides the screwing.

Cash seems to work best 99% of the time.
I thought about bartering that stuff along with photography, but in the end decided agaisnt it. I read about some of the problems with bartering and figured it's just not worth the hassle. Seems there is always one side that feels screwed, well, I mean besides the screwing.

Cash seems to work best 99% of the time. Originally Posted by CandidCajun
Exactly why I don't consider this option other than rare occasions. When I first mentioned having some car issues, I received several PM's from fellas who were mechanics. I told them I was more interested in not being ripped off than bartering for their services & would be happy to pay cash. I tip well, too!
I have traded photo shoots and massage (RMT instructor) for guns, furniture, dvd collections... but I have also been burned by the barter system for photos and massages. Occasionally I will barter now but only with providers I have known. Its a good deal if you find a person trustworthy.
Some wonderful ideas, thanks for the comments
Is boardman code name for Tackleberry..? thats a lot of sex in exchange for an arsenal like that.

A Beretta 9mm goes with the deal? That's a minimum $450 pistol used regardless of the actual model, 92fs, PX4 Storm, etc!

Hey, I am looking for a couple of Ruger LCP's. If I pay for his session can you get him to give those to you?

Oh, and I really, really, really want a .500 S&W with an 8" barrel.
Other things on the wish list: Chinese AK47, a pair of Ruger Blackhawks case hardened in 45LC with 4 1/2" barrels. A Colt AR 15 flattop in 6.5mm. A Walther PPK or anything by Kimber Customs.

I also need Ammo in just about any caliber, Particularly 5.56mm, .380 ACP, 9mm, 357 Mag, 44 Mag and 45 ACP

Sorry, I got a little carried away. Originally Posted by boardman
Bartering can cause unexpected trouble. A guy's wife is out running erands and he calls her and asks her to stop at Home Depot for a hinge. She asks a store employee for help finding the right one, and as they stroll through the store she passes a fantastic new bath tub. "Wow. How much is that?," she says. "It's $650," the employees says. When they find the correct hinge the employee asks, "how about a couple of screws for this hinge?" "No way," she says, "but I'll fuck you for that tub."
I design web sites for a living, and I've had providers approach me with barter offers. I've been burned twice (amazing how some providers become mysteriously unavailable when they owe you a couple of sessions) and had others work out great. Originally Posted by blowpop
Couldn't you multi-task?
A Beretta 9mm goes with the deal? That's a minimum $450 pistol used regardless of the actual model, 92fs, PX4 Storm, etc!

Hey, I am looking for a couple of Ruger LCP's. If I pay for his session can you get him to give those to you?

Oh, and I really, really, really want a .500 S&W with an 8" barrel.
Other things on the wish list: Chinese AK47, a pair of Ruger Blackhawks case hardened in 45LC with 4 1/2" barrels. A Colt AR 15 flattop in 6.5mm. A Walther PPK or anything by Kimber Customs.

I also need Ammo in just about any caliber, Particularly 5.56mm, .380 ACP, 9mm, 357 Mag, 44 Mag and 45 ACP

Sorry, I got a little carried away. Originally Posted by boardman
DAYUM er huh forget everything I ssid about you not being funny Boardman, ole buddy, ole pal ....You're very fuuny Boardman. We cool!?! Hope so with all that firepower. Originally Posted by carkido45
DITTO
Boardman, wanna try a kicker, try a Barrett 50 cal rifle, it teaches proper positioning with the very first round downrange . . .

Expensive to shoot, but so much fun watching things "disappear" - at 1000 yards, you have time to get the scope back on target and see the hit.

Now bartering for that ammo might make sense - no cheap reloads there