Ways to keep $$ local that don't involve lowering pricing or griping.

Also to keep things on track are there any other positive constructive creative solutions for keeping $$ local in addition to what I suggested?
I've just finishing a major remodel and will be hosting socials in the near future. Very private, yet convenient and lots of amenities. I'll be getting with a couple of folks for assistance in the planning, but very soon, (within the next 30 days) our place will be available for socials and meet/greets.
It WILL be a controlled environment, in as much as the rules that will be enforced will assure that no one will be "exposed" to trouble while here, or for having attended a social here. Just because it's "Legal" doesn't mean it won't be fun.
More details soon.
  • 09-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Eccentric? Hell no. I think you have an Excellent idea that involves a more wholesome environment. I would far prefer that over hanging out at some strip club. Certainly no slam on those who love em.
Many of these providers are NOT strip club types of people and neither am I.
Cookouts, BBQ's, Drum circles, Pot luck jam sessions, Group workouts, Group yoga, group dog walks etc... Originally Posted by Codybeast
Hey, weekend hikes in the cooler fall weather are a very good time, bringing your dogs along makes it better. I'd love to stroll and chat with pretty girls for an hour or two, that would be wonderful. Start with something easy like Town Lake or Barton Creek....
Hey, weekend hikes in the cooler fall weather are a very good time, bringing your dogs along makes it better. I'd love to stroll and chat with pretty girls for an hour or two, that would be wonderful. Start with something easy like Town Lake or Barton Creek.... Originally Posted by 78704
I'm in!
For Happy Hours, I would recommend a place that has ample room for a larger group, ideally offers food or has food available nearby, and is either central or downtown to facilitate travelers from all directions. Some Happy Hour suggestions that I'm familiar with:

Dakota Lounge
The Belmont
Moonshine
The Dogwood
Stompin' Grounds
Parkside
Union Park
Star Bar
Z Tejas
Shady Grove
Cedar Street Courtyard
All of the locations sound great, then we could use Nuglet's location for the monthly meet and greet. Just need to pick a couple places downtown that we can get together and chat. Like Nuglet suggested ... Some guiding rules to make it easier on everyone and we are set.
I also like the "mailing list" or "group" idea that many ladies have gone with in the past. Taylor Maiden sends messages via her Yahoo group about last-minute availability, specials and doubles partners.

While I usually stick to my mailing list for a weekly newsletter, I've just set up a Google group for a similar purpose. I'll offer daily and/or weekly specials, doubles partners, photos, info about private parties and original erotica. It will allow posts from all members, questions and more.

It probably won't ever be my sole source of marketing, but it will certainly provide a place to congregate in the face of another board crash, if that ever happens.
Thanks for the input, Codybeast and RoundRockSecret. I'm friendly with most of the downtown owners and managers and would be happy to set something up.

What night looks best for everyone? Timeframe?

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are ideal for me, but I can't make it until after 6:00pm on Wednesdays.
Thanks for the input, Codybeast and RoundRockSecret. I'm friendly with most of the downtown owners and managers and would be happy to set something up.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are ideal for me, but I can't make it until after 6:00pm on Wednesdays. Originally Posted by Natalie Reign
Wed after 7:00PM & Thurs. after 5:00pm work for me as I work Tues. evenings
  • 09-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Shady Grove Wednesday would be perfect; restaurant Tuesday or Wednesday would be great; gotta pass on the bars and Thursdays.
Can already tell that a weekend day like a Sunday when things are slow will most likely work for the majority as there will be too many conflicting week night schedules. Like 78704 I prefer someplace that serves food at least as I'm not crazy about alcohol. I suppose if there is a will......
I also like the "mailing list" or "group" idea that many ladies have gone with in the past. Taylor Maiden sends messages via her Yahoo group about last-minute availability, specials and doubles partners.

While I usually stick to my mailing list for a weekly newsletter, I've just set up a Google group for a similar purpose. I'll offer daily and/or weekly specials, doubles partners, photos, info about private parties and original erotica. It will allow posts from all members, questions and more. Originally Posted by Natalie Reign
The Mailing List / Google Group is an excellent suggestion. There again, with the group name you had given earlier (Foodie Group), could always create a Meetup group that would send out meeting options. Set it to private. Require Premium access / VP status to join.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are ideal for me, but I can't make it until after 6:00pm on Wednesdays. Originally Posted by Natalie Reign
Not that I could make a choice that would be good for the whole of Austin, I would suggest creating a several polls. One for location and a second for what day, and maybe even a third for a good time frame.

I would suggest that we give it at least 7 days before closing it so that all guys and VP get a chance to decide.

Another question is ... Any idea on how many VP's would attend?

As for me, I am a normal shloop single father that works 8:30 to 5:30 and has to be home to take care of his responsibility's during the week days. I am free Friday evening until Sunday evening once the week is completed. There again, a short lunch during the week days is possible.
As for me, I am a normal shloop single father that works 8:30 to 5:30 and has to be home to take care of his responsibility's during the week days. I am free Friday evening until Sunday evening once the week is completed. There again, a short lunch during the week days is possible.[/quote]

High Five to the single parents out there. (male and female)

I too would love to attend another social. Very relaxed atmosphere and mellow. My major issue with socials before was they were held during the week and during a time frame when I am doing my "Momma Thing"

I have the weekends to do as I please and Sundays are always lazy.

I know not all time frames work for everyone, but I would love to participate if a social was to arise.

Genesis Nicole~
  • 09-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Oh. Yeah, Sunday would be fine too.
Sunday would be fine with me too!