To the conservatives and ultra conservative MAGA minions

Or maybe I'm capable of reading and comprehending a book that is trying to be banned, that is about the state of society when books are banned?

Rambling BS that is cut and pasted, doesn't deserve my attention to that level.
Standard response I see from someone with NO INTELLIGENT reply. So MAGA person who do think this is from? I doubt you have the smarts to figure it out and will probably answer with some moronic answer like before
Or maybe I'm capable of reading and comprehending a book that is trying to be banned, that is about the state of society when books are banned?

Rambling BS that is cut and pasted, doesn't deserve my attention to that level. Originally Posted by 69in2it69
If you are reading banned books then I commend you. And no what I posted is NOT rambling. It is an actual historic and recorded speech.
If you are reading banned books then I commend you. And no what I posted is NOT rambling. It is an actual historic and recorded speech. Originally Posted by chefnerd

If I'm reading banned books we are already fucked. Think about it...that would mean the FIRST amendment has been suppressed.
In other words you are incapable of comprehending anything beyond Dick and Jane books Originally Posted by chefnerd
Man, I am just asking for the CliffsNotes version of your initial post. If you would have provided that in a few sentences, maybe people would actually read all of that to see what your values are that you are referring to. Because you did not and with that format, few are going to actually read all of it because you never bothered to spend an extra 30 seconds to explain why it was worth a long read in a fucked up format. Instead, you obviously decided to insult people because they weren't in the mood to read a bunch of words jumbled together that may or may not actually be insightful to them.

Don't take it as an insult. Some like me are just lazy readers on this board and definitely more so at later hours like now.
[QUOTE=chefnerd;1063199928]
properly format your post. then i might read it. or not.

What, you can't read something at an elementary school level?
I'm sure that MILLIONS of US citizens understood it quite well at the time the address was given. Oh right, you have NO CLUE about this do you? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
If you wrote it then double break between paragraphs. If you just copied and pasted, how about a citation for someone who put in the effort?
Well, I read it. It's good but wordy. I could cut it to a third with the same ideas but less poetic. This was written in the early 60s or late 50s in the last century. Eisenhower? Kennedy? McArthur? Stevenson? Graham? I could do a Bing search (Google is evil) but I'd rather let the OP do the work and explain what this means to you.
Well, I read it. It's good but wordy. I could cut it to a third with the same ideas but less poetic. This was written in the early 60s or late 50s in the last century. Eisenhower? Kennedy? McArthur? Stevenson? Graham? I could do a Bing search (Google is evil) but I'd rather let the OP do the work and explain what this means to you. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Eisenhower's First Inaugural Address, Jan 20, 1953. Richard Nixon was the VP.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/dwight...s-jan-20-1953/
Of the Following . . .
  • #1 - Avoid cases of unprovoked rudeness to others. No place for it here. Yes, with the dynamic nature of the threads and topics, tempers will flare and things will become heated from time to time. You may often encounter individuals who become passionate or emotional when expressing one's opinion or point of view. That's all understood and perfectly acceptable within reason…….but, start slamming or bashing another member and be met with consequences.
  • #3 - Disrespect to others, IN GENERAL, will be considered an item of low tolerance, especially when posting in our coed forums. Follow the Golden Rule and treat others as you wish to be treated yourself. This applies to fellow members as well as staff. We do not require that you have respect for us, but we do require that you treat us respectfully in the public forums. If you feel the need to vent, gripe, or blow off some steam regarding a staff member's action or decision, we ask that you keep it private. Email, RTM, or the PM system would be the appropriate avenue to take in such cases. In cases where you would like to request additional clarity about a staff decision, you are free to pursue an answer in either a public forum or private means of communication. If handled publicly, post your inquiry in a respectful manner.
  • #4 - Blatant insults or hostility toward another member will be met with staff intervention. This applies to using our coed forums for name calling, personal attacks, or vulgar slang terms to describe fellow members. If you have legitimate concerns about another member here, share them tactfully in the appropriate private forums or with staff.
  • #6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.
  • #27 - Often times in online communities, members may display a tendency towards bringing their conflicts with other members to the board. This will be strongly discouraged and swift effort will be made to put it to rest. Additionally, staff will make every effort to stay uninvolved in conflicts and disputes between members off the board except in such cases where the board becomes directly affected.
Thread Closed