Why Unions need to be destroyed

How do you know they're union made. Did you assume they were? How do you feel about sweatshops in China and VietNam?

silly question for a dude who hires foreign nurses over American graduates....
Rockhead, I am sure you would love to return to the days of sweatshops and 6.5 day work weeks.

Unions serve a purpose, though some have certainly gone overboard. There are good unions and bad ones, just like good bosses and bad ones. A blanket statement like yours just shows that you have no care about truth. Argue the reasonable bounds of union involvement, the specific places where unions have too often become Wackos in their own right, and you might sound rational.

This stupid generalization by you is just that--stupid. Originally Posted by Old-T
If there were no assholes like WTF who pretend to be businessmen rather than exploiters, there would be no need for unions or government regulations. Unfortunately, fat people like WTF and BigLouise need some way to take advantage of the poor yet have a veil of respectability, so they pose as businessmen and take the heat off themselves and their gross behavior by acting like an innovate businessman when they just hire illegals cheaply and avoid paying benefits by classifying them as subcontractors.
If there were no assholes like WTF who pretend to be businessmen rather than exploiters, there would be no need for unions or government regulations. Unfortunately, fat people like WTF and BigLouise need some way to take advantage of the poor yet have a veil of respectability, so they pose as businessmen and take the heat off themselves and their gross behavior by acting like an innovate businessman when they just hire illegals cheaply and avoid paying benefits by classifying them as subcontractors. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Obviously tough guy, you haven't posted anything about Samuel Gompers in your Jewish people are superior threads.

Takes a lot of balls to call WTF and asshole and an exploiter, slave fucker!

Hypocrisy that will do you well when you open your electronics store in Haifa.

LMAO @ Maxie Baer!
How do you know they're union made. Did you assume they were? How do you feel about sweatshops in China and VietNam?

silly question for a dude who hires foreign nurses over American graduates.... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I'm not suggesting that everyone researchers a company's union status before making a purchase. Simply that companies with union members have more cost attached to their products or services and people choose the lesser priced, if it is of equal value. Sweatshops? I don't want China telling us how to run our country, so I'm not going to tell them how to run theirs.

You have me confused with someone else, never said a thing about foreign nurses?
Libtards, what do you expect. Unions destroy jobs NO MATTER what country they are in. They need to go. Originally Posted by therock18
The US NEEDS unions.

The essence of what labor unions do—give workers a stronger voice so that they can get a fair share of the economic growth they help create—is and has always been important to making the economy work for all Americans. And unions only become more important as the economy worsens.

One of the primarily reasons why our current recession endures is that workers do not have the purchasing power they need to drive our economy. Even when times were relatively good, workers were getting squeezed. Income for the median working age household fell by about $2,000 between 2000 and 2007, and it could fall even further as the economy continues to decline. Consumer activity accounts for roughly 70 percent of our nation’s economy, and for a while workers were able to use debt to sustain their consumption. Yet debt-driven consumption is not sustainable, as we are plainly seeing.

What is sustainable is an economy where workers are adequately rewarded and have the income they need to purchase goods. This is where unions come in.

Unions paved the way to the middle class for millions of American workers and pioneered benefits such as paid health care and pensions along the way. Even today, union workers earn significantly more on average than their non-union counterparts, and union employers are more likely to provide benefits. And non-union workers—particularly in highly unionized industries—receive financial benefits from employers who increase wages to match what unions would win in order to avoid unionization.

Unfortunately, declining unionization rates mean that workers are less likely to receive good wages and be rewarded for their increases in productivity.

In short, because union membership is on decline it is harder for the economy to truly rebound.
The US NEEDS unions.

The essence of what labor unions do—give workers a stronger voice so that they can get a fair share of the economic growth they help create—is and has always been important to making the economy work for all Americans. And unions only become more important as the economy worsens.

One of the primarily reasons why our current recession endures is that workers do not have the purchasing power they need to drive our economy. Even when times were relatively good, workers were getting squeezed. Income for the median working age household fell by about $2,000 between 2000 and 2007, and it could fall even further as the economy continues to decline. Consumer activity accounts for roughly 70 percent of our nation’s economy, and for a while workers were able to use debt to sustain their consumption. Yet debt-driven consumption is not sustainable, as we are plainly seeing.

What is sustainable is an economy where workers are adequately rewarded and have the income they need to purchase goods. This is where unions come in.

Unions paved the way to the middle class for millions of American workers and pioneered benefits such as paid health care and pensions along the way. Even today, union workers earn significantly more on average than their non-union counterparts, and union employers are more likely to provide benefits. And non-union workers—particularly in highly unionized industries—receive financial benefits from employers who increase wages to match what unions would win in order to avoid unionization.

Unfortunately, declining unionization rates mean that workers are less likely to receive good wages and be rewarded for their increases in productivity.

In short, because union membership is on decline it is harder for the economy to truly rebound. Originally Posted by BigLouie
It's hard to justify the union leaders flying around in their multi-million dollar jets and partying and at all the five star resorts, all off the backs of their members. But I must admit, for the uneducated you could probably sway them in to believing that. Nice work.
It's hard to justify the union leaders flying around in their multi-million dollar jets and partying and at all the five star resorts, all off the backs of their members. But I must admit, for the uneducated you could probably sway them in to believing that. Nice work. Originally Posted by nwarounder
Totally unlike CEOs of health plans and hospital systems, eh nwarounder.
Totally unlike CEOs of health plans and hospital systems, eh nwarounder. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Absolutely not, exactly the same! I don't know of one single CEO or business owner that will not proudly admit they are capitalist and want to make money, usually as much as they possibly can within the law.

The difference is the union leaders lie to their members and hide their motives. Doesn't take a genius to figure out if they told their members they want their hard earned money so they can squander it away in support of their lavish lifestyles, no one would join.
BTW -- bub. Does your hospital (since that's how you've obviously identified yourself) hire foreign nurses or only US nursing grads?
I'm not suggesting that everyone researchers a company's union status before making a purchase. Simply that companies with union members have more cost attached to their products or services and people choose the lesser priced, if it is of equal value. Sweatshops? I don't want China telling us how to run our country, so I'm not going to tell them how to run theirs.

You have me confused with someone else, never said a thing about foreign nurses? Originally Posted by nwarounder
How China runs their country has a DIRECT impact on ours.
BTW -- bub. Does your hospital (since that's how you've obviously identified yourself) hire foreign nurses or only US nursing grads? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I'm not really involved on who we hire at that level. I only demand that we hire the absolute best people and that they provide the best care possible to our patients. Their race, country of origin, or anything trivial of that matter is not important, as long as we are not breaking any law by doing so.

Although you must have a point that has piqued my interest?
How China runs their country has a DIRECT impact on ours. Originally Posted by lostincypress
And how we run our country has a DIRECT impact on China...Was there a point in there somewhere?
The US NEEDS unions.

In short, because union membership is on decline it is harder for the economy to truly rebound. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Well guess what? BigLouise is at it again. Cutting and pasting from a website, and trying to pass it off as her own words. Plagiarism on parade. Here is the link you "forgot", BigLouise.

http://www.americanprogressaction.or...can-economy-2/
Coming from a Old Fart that 99% of what he posts is someone else s idea.
COG. Let me ask you one thing, does make it any less true?