Meditation and Orgasm feel the same to the brain

I think they need higher resolution scanning if they think that meditation and orgasm have the same effect on the brain. Just my two cents worth.
  • WTF
  • 07-25-2011, 09:12 AM
I think they need higher resolution scanning if they think that meditation and orgasm have the same effect on the brain. Just my two cents worth. Originally Posted by Happy Diver
I think you missed this part of the article HD!

Still, orgasm is no replacement for meditation.

Meditation and orgasm light up different parts of the brain. Meditation, various studies have shown, lights up the left prefrontal cortex -- an area associated with joy and happiness. But during an orgasm, the left cortex remains totally silent. Meditation has also been known to create lasting change in the brain through a thickening of the cortex.

What this perhaps means, in terms of strengtheng our emotional wellness, is that while orgasm can make us hunger for the experience of sustained transcendence, meditation is the only path to actually achieving it.

Read Scientific American's original story here. Originally Posted by ninasastri

Shoot all one has to do is count meditation sessions vs masturbation session to see which one is lighting up the brain the brightest brain the brightest

Speaking of masturbation...I sure wish nina would stop by a lil more!
Thanks, WTF, I missed that.