Who will win Best Picture at the Oscars?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aobui3r2-6w Originally Posted by CG2014
so, an Indigenous Native American was the first to make a political speech on the behalf of Marlon Brando of the Godfather movie.

hollywood elitists booed her? damn that was mean. lol. seems that JW was also offended by her comments.

I did not know the origin of political speech in the Oscars. that was quite eye opening. to think I thought the first politcal speech started in the 1990's. they must've been testing the waters then.

the awards is still a shit show so as long as they spout off political speech that have nothing to do with the movies. they are a ratings disaster.

fry babyfry!!!
I waited until Top Gun Maverick and Elvis finally came to Direct TV.

I thought Austin Butler was great as Elvis. Tom Hanks played “The Colonel” as more of a caricature that a historical figure.

Maverick was just entertaining while being pretty predictable.

I haven’t seen any of the rest.

On the subject I do have a question about Avatar. I saw the first one,

This connection that they made with animals by hooking that thing at the end of their ponytail was anatomically off. Being that this was supposed to be a circuit to the nervous system, would’t it have been much more logical for that connection to be at the end of their tail, which in most animals is an extension of the spinal column.?

And, what if you were bald and didn’t have a ponytail?

Stupid movie anyway. Originally Posted by Jackie S
avatar? stoopid movie? maybe so. their biology is certainly strange. ponytail having access to the nervous system is highly improbable biologically... lol. tail makes sense for nerve connection.

its cameron's movie. he can piss on it all he wants.
Most stupid movie...2000 Mules
so, an Indigenous Native American was the first to make a political speech on the behalf of Marlon Brando of the Godfather movie. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Actually she is not even Native American Indian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacheen_Littlefeather

But she is a Pretendian

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretendian
Yeah, she was a pretend Native American but Hollywood elites thought she was invading their hallowed halls. Could this be an insurrection?

So, now we have story that Angela Bassett was pissed about losing to the Asian mafia. Face it, it will be a while before we see another Asian winner no matter good they are. The Academy can pat itself on the back that they gave most of the big awards to Asian people or an "Asian" movie. Kind of like a few years ago when three of the big four awards went to Afro-Americans. The next year they got shut out. Same a few years later when women dominated the awards, the next year, they got shut out again. Hollywood overcompensates and great performances are overlooked. Hard to believe Top Gun didn't even get nominated for cinematography.
waco is in good company with MM and speedy.

they picked "Everything, Everywhere, All at Once" at 43% of the poll.
Yeah, she was a pretend Native American but Hollywood elites thought she was invading their hallowed halls. Could this be an insurrection?

So, now we have story that Angela Bassett was pissed about losing to the Asian mafia. Face it, it will be a while before we see another Asian winner no matter good they are. The Academy can pat itself on the back that they gave most of the big awards to Asian people or an "Asian" movie. Kind of like a few years ago when three of the big four awards went to Afro-Americans. The next year they got shut out. Same a few years later when women dominated the awards, the next year, they got shut out again. Hollywood overcompensates and great performances are overlooked. Hard to believe Top Gun didn't even get nominated for cinematography. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
not really surprising. left hates pro-america war movies.
Only saw All Quiet on the Western Front.
Missed seeing the original the other day. On too late after watch From here to Eternity.

Never had a desire to watch Avatar. Was excited when Camerons ex got best picture for Hurt Locker. Watched that one.
not really surprising. left hates pro-america war movies. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I did not see "Everything, Everywhere, All at Once". I just followed the hype which pointed to it winning. Want to see it now out of interest. I had seen Elvis, Avatar, and Top Gun.