Need men to decipher this message

I find it very insulting when I get requests like that. Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
I doubt it was intended as an insult. Had the "too bad your donation is out of my price range" been written as " too bad I never pay that much for pussy", I could see it being insulting.
Not all guys seeking a lower rate are cheapskates. I know that this is where you tell me that the guys should only shop in their price range. But there are those times that you ask the price of that brand new car on the showroom floor only to say you can't afford that much. The salesman informs you that they have the same vehicle without all the bells and whistles for a lower price that you can afford.
As far as providers are selling something and guys have the right to negotiate, I say not so fast. You don't shop a store with clearly marked prices, including specials, and try to negotiate at the counter. If your showcase says make an offer, you would be subject to lowballers.
Well some are sitting there looking at your pics and spanking the monkey. Some who ask could even afford the rate but want to try and save $50. I firmly believe we all could afford any of the rates. If you really want to you would hobby once with a expensive one or twice with a less expensive one. We are fickle consumers.

To answer the question, they are fishing for a lower rate.
I find it very insulting when I get requests like that. Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
Why? We preach all of the time about this being a business transaction, not a dating website. So why is it insulting for a guy to politely inquire if you would consider his budget?
I doubt it was intended as an insult. Had the "too bad your donation is out of my price range" been written as " too bad I never pay that much for pussy", I could see it being insulting.
Not all guys seeking a lower rate are cheapskates. I know that this is where you tell me that the guys should only shop in their price range. But there are those times that you ask the price of that brand new car on the showroom floor only to say you can't afford that much. The salesman informs you that they have the same vehicle without all the bells and whistles for a lower price that you can afford.
As far as providers are selling something and guys have the right to negotiate, I say not so fast. You don't shop a store with clearly marked prices, including specials, and try to negotiate at the counter. If your showcase says make an offer, you would be subject to lowballers. Originally Posted by cheatercheater
Did you seriously just equate spending time with a lovely lady to buying a car??

If you only want to pay xx dollars for an hour then post in the ISO and hope the lady you want replies. Otherwise you are by default insulting someone by saying their time is not worth what they say it is. If her time is not that valuable then fewer clients means she will eventually lower her price or find a new career.

Just because its a business venture does not mean all rules of business apply, just like many other ventures with fixed costs.
I'm more of an impulse shopper. Samantha is more likely to get an email from me that says, "You are so hott! Can we fuck RIGHT NOW!!!!"

Then I'll worry about how to pay for it.
Does Samantha offer scholarships?

The tard is fishing. Do not take the bait. He will just keep haggling and then get pissy when you refuse. It taint worth the effort.
  • hd
  • 03-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Sam, why do you embarrass me posting my message to you, oh wait, the one I sent you I was begging! Never mind.

I've never inquired about a reduced fee. I'll ask what it is if I don't see it posted. Yes it is a bizz, but it's also her body, her choice.

But that may be a good approach next time I buy a new car?
Just because its a business venture does not mean all rules of business apply, just like many other ventures with fixed costs. Originally Posted by projectbliss
Name another business where it would generally be considered insulting to say, "I am really impressed by your product/service, and wanted to compliment you on it. I am in the market for one, but unfortunately do not have the budget to match your asking price. Have a great day, and feel free to contact me if anything ever changes [my addition]."

Anyways, I'm just arguing to argue now. I never negotiate with providers. I prefer them to be happy and eager to please, rather than just filling a slot (pun intended, I crack me up).
Add to your profile "Rates are non-negotiable". Won't completely eliminate the tire kickers but might reduce them.
Thank you gentlemen for confirming the meaning of the message.
I can understand why women find it insulting. I understand from some of the men's perspective, you view it as a service, business transaction, a product, a car in a showroom. I get all that...and that's the way men are built.
But for some women, we are giving away something so personal, so intimate, our body and mind, our emotions, a piece of ourselves which is priceless....that's why trying to negotiate the rate can be considered insulting. We don't feel appreciated enough. That's all! :-)
To be honest, yes...I get annoyed, but it's not gonna ruin an hour in my day cause I understand both point of views.
Name another business where it would generally be considered insulting to say, "I am really impressed by your product/service, and wanted to compliment you on it. I am in the market for one, but unfortunately do not have the budget to match your asking price. Have a great day, and feel free to contact me if anything ever changes [my addition]."

Anyways, I'm just arguing to argue now. I never negotiate with providers. I prefer them to be happy and eager to please, rather than just filling a slot (pun intended, I crack me up). Originally Posted by addict
Hum stock trading companies don't allow you to negotiate fees, even on some very large scale trades. I know several brokers for that matter who would be offended if I tried to negotiate their rate. In fact, even with a seven figure portfolio rate negotiation isn't allowed as far as I know. Now maybe when you get to buffet status...
Sam, why do you embarrass me posting my message to you, oh wait, the one I sent you I was begging! Never mind.

I've never inquired about a reduced fee. I'll ask what it is if I don't see it posted. Yes it is a bizz, but it's also her body, her choice.

But that may be a good approach next time I buy a new car? Originally Posted by hd
Thank you, HD, for not treating me and my business like a car and buying a new car. :-) You always treated me like a lady and I appreciated you for it.
Base only on what the OP posted, in no way do I see this as inulting. It was a very polite way of saying "I would love to see you but for some reason I cannot at your rate right now. If you should happen to offer a lower rate at some point, for what ever reason, I woud be interested." That does not mean he is saying your not worth what you post or any thing like that. Of course, one of the factors we dont know is what was he willing to pay? If you asking $300 but the guy is willing to pay $250, then some, even many, women, depending on a number of factors, may be willing to accept the slightly lower rate.

Why would it be insulting for someone to politly ask if you are willing to accept a different rate? If is not intended to devalue you or say your not worth what your asking. And as someone else said, if it did not work some of the time, guys would not do it.

If you are not willing to consider a lower rate, then good for you. I see no problem with that at all. In my business, I also charge what I feel my services are worth and have a minimum I will not go below. If you want cheap, go somewhere else. If you want good, then I am your man. :-) Either do not respond or a polite thank you is in order. You do not want to burn your bridges as you never know what may change tomorrow.

All that said, I have never asked for a lower rate and would not do so with a provider. But it is amazing how many times I have had providers who I have met before having a session offer me a discount or special deal of some kind. I have had some offer me as much as 1/2 off or very extended time frames. Go figure. 20+ years of experience tells me many, if not most, are willing to negotate but just don't want it known.

And Sam? You rate is too low!! But don't change it till I have a chancve to see you!

Strippers? Hell yes. But that is a different industry and its far more expected there.

Now, insulting would be "Hay bitch. No way your pussy is worth 400. I got 150. Want to fuck?
Not allowing negotiating and becoming offended by a soft inquiry as to whether one is open to negotiations are not the same thing.
If she quoted the message verbatim, I can see how she would consider it insulting. OBSG and addict restated the same message, but in a more elegant fashion. Sometimes the insult is not what you say, but how you say it.