Now You're Getting An Education...

See....

If you ladies just knew a good carpenter..... they could build anything you could pay for... or find it and install it...... hehehhehe!

I know one........
Alot of men are good with wood I hear. I want someone who specializes in hardwood and knows how to hammer.

(...now....back to the edumacatin' LOL)
They call me M C
my mom worked for an Eathen Allen dealer years ago, she has a canopy and I guess I could to
Alot of men are good with wood I hear. I want someone who specializes in hardwood and knows how to hammer.

(...now....back to the edumacatin' LOL) Originally Posted by tia travels

I get nervous when wood is demanded.... Then a hammer... hehehe...

Great light hearted thread here in funny land......
my mom worked for an Eathen Allen dealer years ago, she has a canopy and I guess I could to Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
that's is nice CptJohn, I could see myself right in the middle of it, looks comfy.

Tia needs this canopy tree bed

I don't know who wrote it and if it's actually true for real, but everything has to have an origin and a lot of that makes sense. As far as carrying over the threshold bigbigjohn, I'm sure they were referring to that piece of wood. Makes sense to me.

I liked that Puss In Boots Santa avatar thingy too. His reaction "fits" doesn't it? Relaxer...nice to hear you're a cat lover.

Mikki, I love canopy beds too. One of these days I'd like to have one like this:

But first, I need a bedroom BIG enough to fit one. Originally Posted by tia travels
A castle for a queen.
First off, thanks Shellcracker!! Appreciate that comment.

Secondly, while searching for more origins, I found an article that says everything I just posted is a falsehood.

http://www.traditioninaction.org/His...ths1500s.shtml

Now, who's right and who's not? Usually things are started because of a reason. And if this article denies all this, then I wonder what the meanings are to these things posted earlier in this thread.

Also, you always hear two contradicting sides to everything. Esp. when something health related comes out...like say...coffee causes cancer (just a hypothetical example). Then another group will come out with some test and say the first test was completely wrong. Who are we to believe?

So take this thread with a grain of salt. I like to think this is how things started. You can read the article above to see if you find anything useful or interesting in it.

Here's another one that says its a hoax and gives the debunking reasons under the Anne Hathaway letter.
http://www.snopes.com/language/phrases/1500.asp

Sorry folks.