Gotta win the Power Ball

• BLM69
  • 01-10-2016, 11:39 PM
Start being nice to me ladies, I'm winning the lottery this week lol
I wonder if you had the money if it's possible to buy up all combinations of numbers in the three day period.

You are screwed if more than 3 people win but...
I wonder if you had the money if it's possible to buy up all combinations of numbers in the three day period.

You are screwed if more than 3 people win but... Originally Posted by dallasfan
I remember a group of guys (between 3-8? I forget how many) won a State Lottery in the 1990's, by pooling their money.. IIRC, they had a 70% chance of winning, and they did, splitting the winnings among them.. that practice was outlawed afterward..
Odds hitting on 4 whites and the powerball......1 in 913,129. That'll pay you $50K on a $2 ticket....nice.

Odds hitting on 5 whites but missing the powerball JUMP to 1 in 11,688,053. That'll fetch you a cool million.....even nicer.

Odds hitting the whole thing: 1 in 292,201,338. A projected $1.4 billion jackpot that'll yield a cash value of $868 million. Is there a word in the human language to describe doing that?

You could throw quite the celebration party, right? You and about 20+ of your Bucket List providers.....for starters.
How would you outlaw it? They are just buying tickets.

I remember a group of guys (between 3-8? I forget how many) won a State Lottery in the 1990's, by pooling their money.. IIRC, they had a 70% chance of winning, and they did, splitting the winnings among them.. that practice was outlawed afterward.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Keeps climbing....

Now it's at $1.5 B with a cash payout of $930 million....

Still a long ways from touching Spain's El Gordo Lottery, which hit $2.45 B December 2015.
A year earlier.....it was a record $2.7 B.
So Glad My Name starts With A B!!!
I'm not greedy. I'll take the 900k on the $929.9 jackpot lol.

You are screwed if more than 3 people win but... Originally Posted by dallasfan

If you bought 100 tickets a minute it would take you 2028 days to buy every combo