Why Torchy's why?

Go to a Mexican Taqueria that looks as if you may get knifed.
WALDT (We All Like Different Tacos)
  • Crock
  • 12-01-2018, 10:22 AM
Go to a Mexican Taqueria that looks as if you may get knifed. Originally Posted by LargeBreastFan
Truth.

If you just want good street tacos.

If you want some cool fusion, hit up Torchy's or Velvet Taco and taste the delicious (and sometimes weird) flavor combinations that are possible with the taco.

Now that that's settled, let's get back to talking about the best pink tacos in town!
Flavour combos.

A fusion mix I just heard about and want to try is Vietnames-Cajun.
Came about via the boat people brought to the Texas Gulf after the war. I didn't realize that they hooked up with their Francophone second cousins next door.
The quick hitting food poisoning used to be referred to as staph botulism.
  • BLM69
  • 12-03-2018, 08:44 AM
Tochys sounds like gringo tacos, and the fuel city tacos also suck. You need to go into the hood for good tacos. You'll know when you get there if 95% of the clients are Latino, and there must be a armed guard at the door
  • Crock
  • 12-03-2018, 10:30 AM
Tochys sounds like gringo tacos, and the fuel city tacos also suck. You need to go into the hood for good tacos. You'll know when you get there if 95% of the clients are Latino, and there must be a armed guard at the door Originally Posted by BLM69
Torchy's aren't really gringo tacos. They're weird, delicious fusion tacos. Gourmet type shit, but at regular prices.

I usually snap-judge a taco shop by whether or not there are big glass barrels of aguas frescas on the counter or just behind the counter. I'm a sucker for a big glass of agua de piña or agua de melón with some carne asada tacos and good salsa verde.
Yeah. The Baja shrimp sounds disgusting. Fried shrimp with cabbage type stuff in it. But it very good.

I really like torchys but I also like me some street tacos every now and then also.
  • Crock
  • 12-03-2018, 11:05 AM
I really like torchys but I also like me some street tacos every now and then also. Originally Posted by dallasfan
Yeah, they don't really compare. Two completely different types of food.
  • BLM69
  • 12-03-2018, 04:05 PM
I'm a sucker for a big glass of agua de piña or agua de melón with some carne asada tacos and good salsa verde. Originally Posted by Crock
Now you're talking, don't forget the ice cold horchata

You must be from the west coast, asada is called fajita here in Texas
I always thought Carne Asada referred to the meat. Fajita referred to the works... Carne Asada with the onions and bell peppers etc
  • BLM69
  • 12-03-2018, 05:00 PM
I always thought Carne Asada referred to the meat. Fajita referred to the works... Carne Asada with the onions and bell peppers etc Originally Posted by dallasfan
Go into any carniceria and tell them you want asada meat
Now you're talking, don't forget the ice cold horchata

You must be from the west coast, asada is called fajita here in Texas Originally Posted by BLM69
That confused the hell out of me when I first moved here
Carne Translates to meat. Asada translate to grilled. I don’t think you will get what you want by saying carne asada.

Now when you go order a taco and you say fajita, they will give you beef fajita even if they don’t speak a word of English. Fajita somehow got transalated to beef fajita by some gringo dummies ordering it over and over.
  • BLM69
  • 12-04-2018, 09:52 AM
Carne Translates to meat. Asada translate to grilled. I don’t think you will get what you want by saying carne asada.

Now when you go order a taco and you say fajita, they will give you beef fajita even if they don’t speak a word of English. Fajita somehow got transalated to beef fajita by some gringo dummies ordering it over and over. Originally Posted by dallasfan
Fajitas can also be and mean chicken, the whole Mexican restaurant cuisine needs a makeover here in TX